Boise Bugging Out?? | Syracusefan.com

Boise Bugging Out??

MaxwellCuse

All Conference
You guys that are into Twitter might want to check out Pete Thamel. Word is Boise State plans to back out of their plan to join the Big East. More good news for UCONN?

If Boise goes, it makes no sense for SD to stick around.

Hear that the big 12 might look to grab byu and Boise to get to 12.

There will be a bidding war (of sorts) for Boise and BYU. Don't think the Pac12 is going to let the B12 slide in and steal the last remaining premier (and I use that term loosely) west coast institutions.

EDIT: And if that happens...well, lets just say the B12 had better watch out because there is no way the P12 stays at 14 teams.

Interesting. But I agree with Pride, if this were to happen, I could see the Pac12 putting the full court press on TX and {whoever}.

There will be a bidding war (of sorts) for Boise and BYU. Don't think the Pac12 is going to let the B12 slide in and steal the last remaining premier (and I use that term loosely) west coast institutions.

EDIT: And if that happens...well, lets just say the B12 had better watch out because there is no way the P12 stays at 14 teams.

The PAC-12 won't care at all if Boise State and BYU go to the Big 12. If they really wanted them they'd have invited them already. Larry Scott has his eyes further east.

Here's a question I have that I don't know the answer to...if the big 12 expands, does it null and void the GOR?

Here's a question I have that I don't know the answer to...if the big 12 expands, does it null and void the GOR?
Ask the Dude.

Seriously though, I would think that if teams were to leave it would void the GOR. Would be interesting to know if the wording refers to conference 'changes', or specifically members leaving...

Scott will have a hard time getting approval for Boise (academics) and BYU (politics).

Scott will have a hard time getting approval for Boise (academics) and BYU (politics).

We said that about the ACC and that commuter school known as Louisville. Oh yeah, and Rutgers found their way into the B1G as well...

The PAC-12 won't care at all if Boise State and BYU go to the Big 12. If they really wanted them they'd have invited them already. Larry Scott has his eyes further east.

Exactly. BYU and Boyzee were never in consideration by the PAC. The PAC will cannibalize the B12 to get what they need.

We said that about the ACC and that commuter school known as Louisville. Oh yeah, and Rutgers found their way into the B1G as well...

Those are totally different scenarios.

If there is, I bet Texas is well aware. Can't imagine any scenario where Texas would want Boise and BYU just to get to 12 teams. Splitting their money with 8 other schools has to be hard enough (I assume they accept sharing it with Oklahoma).

I would think that benefits the ACC if anything. Makes the Big 12 even more of a Midwest/Western conference and reduces the likelihood that an eastern based team would want to align with them.

Pete Thamel just tweeted that the MWC has reached out to a non-western Big East team to join their conference. No mention of the team though. Cincy perhaps?

Seems likely. Them or one of the Texas schools.

BYU and the Big Math have done this dance several times before.

BYU and Louisville were there for the taking for quite a while. Did Louisville's move make them panic? Enough to concede to BYU's demands? Are they afraid that there soon won't be any acceptable schools available for them to reflect their conference name?

I would think that benefits the ACC if anything. Makes the Big 12 even more of a Midwest/Western conference and reduces the likelihood that an eastern based team would want to align with them.

You would hope, but we all know by now this has nothing to do with geography (Colorado to PAC12, Rutgers to Big10, Louisville to ACC) and all to do with money.

The academic argument against Boise is a bit ridiculous, IMHO. The California schools and Washington aside, the rest of the Pac-12 are not thought of as academic powerhouses. Besides, its a conference for athletic membership, not academics. If that had been the case in the ACC, Louisville would have never gotten their invite. UConn probably would have gotten it. I HATE UConn, but, it is what it is.

If they do go to 16, neither BYU nor Baylor will be in it. The league seems dead set on having any school with religious ties among their members.

Truthfully, the only four I see being invited are Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and, Oklahoma State. The state legislatures in Texas and Oklahoma will not allow TTU or OSU to be left behind. Baylor probably has significantly more political clout within Texas, but, that won't mean anything to the Pac members.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom