Boise St and Air Force could join Big East next year... | Syracusefan.com

Boise St and Air Force could join Big East next year...

Jake

Mod
which sounds like an exit strategy for Pitt and SU for next year as well. Best news of the night.

Andy Katz reporting that Air Force has soured on the Big East.

What a mess... The Big East looks like its grasping at straws... Katz also said Boise was planning on staying as of this afternoon...

which sounds like an exit strategy for Pitt and SU for next year as well. Best news of the night.

Katz reported during the opening of MM that Boise, Houston, SMU and Air Force were going to get invites. Hope it happens, SU/Pitt would be out then.

Andy Katz just put the red light on this expansion saying Air Force is having second thoughts on the move to the Big East. Katz said it was because of reservations by Army, but I think he meant Navy. C'mon, Boise, UCF, and Air Force the sooner you commit to the Big East the faster we get into the ACC.

Andy Katz just put the red light on this expansion saying Air Force is having second thoughts on the move to the Big East. Katz said it was because of reservations by Army, but I think he meant Navy. C'mon, Boise, UCF, and Air Force the sooner you commit to the Big East the faster we get into the ACC.

This is wrong. See, when they add those 4, with us and Pitt and the 6 others, then Marinara can try to get some of that sweet Champ game money. I think that adding those 4 would actually cement the 27 months.

This is wrong. See, when they add those 4, with us and Pitt and the 6 others, then Marinara can try to get some of that sweet Champ game money. I think that adding those 4 would actually cement the 27 months.
The Big East isn't going to add just 4 teams these would be the first 4. The 6 rumored are Boise, Navy, Air Force football only, UCF, SMU, and Houston all sports. Once the Big East could these teams then they would negotiate with Pitt and Syracuse and let us go to the ACC.

When did he say that?

SMOKE ALERT!!!

come on kids!!!! see the goddamn smoke!!!

the bigeast acting today is a last ditch effor to keep the bevo and possibly SEC from taking wv, lville and cincy!! they want 10million or a multi year commitment!!! nobody outside of providence wants this!!!

does anyone really think providence can tell the bevo and SEC that they cant have a team????

not happening kids, not happening.

something is going down.....

About 20-30 minutes ago on the ESPNU MM show.

Interesting.

I know others don't see it this way...but I'm hoping for a Big East destruction. The remaining schools will be fine in other conferences.

Rick pitino said at MM that if the BE added Boise st that John Marrinato should get commissioner of the year. discus please

The football schools agreed to raise the exit fee ONLY if the four invitees accepted (at least the way I read it). Seems like they are doing their part now knowing that that won't happen so they can say "hey, we tried" as they are walking out the door.

Rick pitino said at MM that if the BE added Boise st that John Marrinato should get commissioner of the year. discus please

I tend to agree with him. Marinatto gets a bad rap for things that have happened out of his control. If Boise agrees to joining the Big Eat, then that means Marinatto did some serious selling. Big Tom ketchup popsicle worthy selling.

Nothing to discuss - its Crap. If he was the commish of the year, none of this would be happening. Kinda bugs me Rick is taking his shots and speaking out as much as he is when he has to know what everybody else does about ville trying to get out soon as possible

SMU? Houston? what about Memphis? Memphis is a solid bball program and has an ok football program, I just don't get what they are doing here!

West
SMU
Houston
Boise st
Airforce
Lville
Cin
Ok division with texas recruiting ties

East
WVU
Rutgers
Uconn
Navy
USF
UCF
Ok division with florida recruiting ties

Looks like there plan

Also anyone here think its BS that they are taking the acadamies to dare the BCS to take AQ status from our military. Feels dirty to me, but would like to see our service men/woman get AQ status they deserve it.

I'm nowhere near a television but there is chatter on several of the boards of other BE schools that ESPN is running a crawl that says the academies are backing away from the Big East, as is Boise. Can anyone confirm this. If true, there goes Marinatto's COTY award.

Katz just clarified. Boise and AF were having concerns.

Yes, Katz is saying AF and Boise are hedging against this plan, and truthfully I don't blame them why would Boise State join the Big East for football only and not all sports when their computer rankings are likely to save the conference BCS bid. If Boise and Air Force remain in this MWC/CUSA merger it likely to gain to a BCS bid at the expense of the Big East. I love how UConn and Rutgers are going through the 5 stages of grief 1. Denial- In this stage, they were in a state of shock and denial, and have gone numb how could the ACC want SU and not either of them 2. Anger-underneath anger is pain, your pain. It is natural to feel deserted and abandoned 3. Bargaining- the ACC will take us we are worth it. 4. Depression- MAC here we come, empty feelings present themselves, and grief enters deeper than they could imagined. 5. Finally, acceptance- accepting the reality that they are stuck in Big East and no life raft is being thrown there way and recognizing that this new reality is the permanent reality.

No Boise, and No service academy schools for the BE. Looks like the 22 school merger of MWC and CUSA will take form. Seriously - 22 teams? What a joke.

For some reason Temple and Memphis are getting overlooked for the likes of SMU, UCF, and Houston.

Wow. I don't know what to say. I expected more from this crowd. Everyone is trying to bury UConn and Rutgers but, hey, folks, that's not happening. Both will survive. They're both prominet eastern schools. They're not going to some jackass conference. Wake up! We may gain some immediate benefits, but both programs will land in a prominent conference in the long run. It's a matter of when not if.

Wow. I don't know what to say. I expected more from this crowd. Everyone is trying to bury UConn and Rutgers but, hey, folks, that's not happening. Both will survive. They're both prominet eastern schools. They're not going to some jackass conference. Wake up! We may gain some immediate benefits, but both programs will land in a prominent conference in the long run. It's a matter of when not if.

Conferences aren't in the business of handing out pity bids. In the current landscape, there is simply no room for either of these schools. This may change tomorrow, seeing how fluid this situation has been but its certainly not a fait accompli that either team lands in a big boy conference (especially Rutgers).

If Rutgers ended up in a MAC type conference, could the College sports world live without it? We're talking about a program that's best skill is losing. If Rutgers football withered up and died, nobody would lose any sleep.

Katz just now went through each team and talked about their hesitancy. Maybe none of it will happen.

Conferences aren't in the business of handing out pity bids. In the current landscape, there is simply no room for either of these schools. This may change tomorrow, seeing how fluid this situation has been but its certainly not a fait accompli that either team lands in a big boy conference (especially Rutgers).

If Rutgers ended up in a MAC type conference, could the College sports world live without it? We're talking about a program that's best skill is losing. If Rutgers football withered up and died, nobody would lose any sleep.

Not going happen. You will see. Times have changed. There's going to be a big-time program in the NY area. Is it Syracuse? Is it Rutgers? Is it UConn? All of them are trying to be the one. Rutgers and UConn have a better advanaged over SU, which is why SU is trying to leverage the ACC thing against both schools. But I don't think it will work in the long run.