Bold Predictions for the 2013 season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bold Predictions for the 2013 season

Stumble a bit early with a few surprising losses and finish a "disappointing" 3rd in the ACC...but rebound to win the ACC Tournament. A return to the Elite 8 to end the season, keep Grant and Ennis for one more year and set up nicely to be preseason top 3 and make a run at the National Championship in 2015.

I agree that Ennis will be ACC Rookie of the Year
I think we will average right around two team rebounds per game.
I predict Cooney will take zero two point shots in the last seconds of games we trail by three.
I predict Keita is our center down the stretch of games that matter.
I predict that JB continues his evolution from nose picker to nose tugger.
I predict our players are the worst-dressed participants at ACC media day (other than the sportswriters)

still together...the deal was one season. I wanted to make sure things were back in place for ACC play.
Back in the circle of trust.
robert-deniro-circle-of-trust.jpg

4 losses - 3 in conference and one non-conf.

Ennis acc frosh of the year and 2nd team all acc.

Jerami and CJ both first team all acc. CJ all american.

We score more than previous years as nearly every conference foe tries to speed the game up to beat the zone and most of them are severely punished for it.

DC2 throws a BC player and an NC St player ten feet when they try to take the ball from him on a tie up

Mike Patrick forces us to mute a lot of the televised games.

DaJuan Coleman has a Jack Cooley-like season
Rakeem Christmas leads the nation in block percentage
Trevor Cooney sets the school record for single season 3 pt shooting percentage
BMK & CJF become the first players in SU history to appear in three consecutive Sweet 16s

Last edited:
BOLD PREDICTIONS:

1) RAK winds up being our best all around big guy this season and logs the most minutes at the 5 spot.

2) The combination of CJ and Jerami make more than one opposing coach cry this season and Creen doesn't count because he always cries.

3) BJ shoots the highest percentage from 3.

4) We win the ACCT and the NCAAT!

4 losses - 3 in conference and one non-conf.

Ennis acc frosh of the year and 2nd team all acc.

Jerami and CJ both first team all acc. CJ all american.

We score more than previous years as nearly every conference foe tries to speed the game up to beat the zone and most of them are severely punished for it.

DC2 throws a BC player and an NC St player ten feet when they try to take the ball from him

Mike Patrick forces us to mute a lot of the televised games.
most of these are not bold at all
especially the one about muting the TV when Mike Patrick's doing a game.

Ennis averages 9 ppg and 6 assists with less than 2.5 turnovers a game.
Fair make first team all ACC and is an All American.
Grant gets snubbed of the honors and takes a chip on his should right to the stage of his lottery pick.
Rak becomes our most consistent scoring center, priming DCIII for another year of learning to tear it up with CM.
BJ Johnson shoots our highest percentage from the 3 and FT.
Patterson becomes a crowd favorite because of his sheer tenacity.
Silent G takes over the SG from cooney after the first 2 or 3 ACC games.

SU wins it all and conquers the moon.

DC2 improves dramatically and logs the most minutes at center.
Ennis makes National all-frosh team.
Cooney goes through 2 game stretch in mid-December where he does not shoot an air ball.
JB talks about what winning 1000 games would mean to him.

I generally enjoy your posts Sgt, but do you have to take so many shots at Cooney? Yes he disappointed me last season also and I wasn't particularly encouraged by his shooting in Canada as I hoped to be. But my goodness, let a few games play out next season. It's only his sophomore season. Like I said, I generally like your posts and enjoy your contribution to the board, but it seems a bit much to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom