Bold predictions for the NW game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bold predictions for the NW game

I agree that the offense needs to be better, but the notion that the defense was on the field "constantly" last week is wrong (Roger Praetorius also alluded, in his article, to the D being on the field way too long). TOP was essentially even (30:45 to 29:15).

I was talking more about moving forward then the PSU game. I didnt feel they were on the field to much versus PSU but if the offense continues to struggle those numbers will likely get more and more out of whack as the season progresses.

My boldest prediction is that Mike Greenberg will be more obnoxious than usual every time he talks about the game on Mike and Mike, both before and after the game takes place.

My boldest prediction is that Mike Greenberg will be more obnoxious than usual every time he talks about the game on Mike and Mike, both before and after the game takes place.
He will say very little about it if SU wins.

Bold (or not so bold) Prediction - We will lose a player for targeting this week. I think we will be extra physical this week. Northwestern is smaller than Penn St, we have an FCS team next week, and we're pissed about the 0-1 start.

Wales scores a TD.

GMIII returns a kick.

Gulley runs for TD.

We lose 24- 40.

Unless the offense is giving away points, I don't think SU's defense gives up 40 points.

Bold (or not so bold) Prediction - We will lose a player for targeting this week. I think we will be extra physical this week. Northwestern is smaller than Penn St, we have an FCS team next week, and we're pissed about the 0-1 start.

I HATE this ejection rule. The Cali guy that was ejected for what was a clean play 5 years ago.

Christ this is football.

Why don't we just say F it and go with flags.

I HATE this ejection rule. The Cali guy that was ejected for what was a clean play 5 years ago.

Christ this is football.

Why don't we just say F it and go with flags.
I agree. The announcer wanted Eskridge ejected on Saturday for his hit, which was shoulder to shoulder. Maybe they should go with an "eye for an eye" penalty instead of an outright ejection. Flag him for 15 and if the offensive player has to leave the game because of the hit, the defensive player can't come back in until the offensive player re-enters the game. It may be too difficult to implement, but I'm just spitballing here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom