Bonaventure's Defense on Battle | Syracusefan.com

Bonaventure's Defense on Battle

they scored like 10 pts in the last 17 min.. had we done anything we win by 15-20. only our complete lack of shooting even made it a game.

Syracuse wins if Tyus and Oshae showed up. Neither did and this was the result. The defense is good enough to keep them in most games.

They did.. while catching him in his third grinder in 6 days.

I have been saying that for weeks. And we should have won, twice.
I don't think anyone on here was trying to argue w you about them being good - after the game, tho, I'm more convinced than before that Maryland is better

was nothing short of amazing. That's a real good team that could make a lot of noise in the dance.

Impressive defensively. Not impressed with their offense beyond Adams. They had nobody that could finish around the hoop.

I don't think anyone on here was trying to argue w you about them being good - after the game, tho, I'm more convinced than before that Maryland is better
Oh man. Maryland never had us by 13. I will give you some credit for not giving up. But the Bonnies beat Maryland without Adams. Pretty good player, right? Imagine what that game would have looked like if Adams played and say Huerter didn't? Wouldn't be close. And sadly, we beat Maryland and lost to the Bonnies. If they played again, the Bonnies would beat them again.

First half they scored 40; 21 of which was Adams.

The next 25 minutes they scored 20 points.

Their last FG, including OT, was with 7:17 left in the 2nd half, before that it was with 11:45 left.

They made a shot with 11:45 left.

They made a shot with 7:17 left.

They went to OT.

They won.

They made 1 FG in the last 15:44 and won.

I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide if that's impressive for us or not

Don't gloat. Syracuse will win again.

Im not gloating, even though I did call this before the game. I wanted Syracuse to win as badly as about anyone. The refs didnt make OB miss a bunny. etc. We simply cant say every cupcake has gotten so much better, and that's why the last however many games were white knucklers longer than they would have been in years past. I hope the guys learn from this and improve...and chemistry should improve naturally. I'm nowhere near a meltdown point, unlike some.

First half they scored 40; 21 of which was Adams.

The next 25 minutes they scored 20 points.

Their last FG, including OT, was with 7:17 left in the 2nd half, before that it was with 11:45 left.

They made a shot with 11:45 left.

They made a shot with 7:17 left.

They went to OT.

They won.

They made 1 FG in the last 15:44 and won.

I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide if that's impressive for us or not

Like I said before, it's all the refs. Great analysis, wish we had more of that on here.

Last edited:
I thought st Bonnie’s was horrible. That’s the k8nd of small team people tout all year that gets blown out in the first game of the dance.
Adams made 0 shots the last 25 minutes.

If we paid any attention to him in the first half, we win by 10+.

SBU is a good A10 team, but nothing they did tonight was impressive - I thought Buffalo was better and more balanced. Buffalo could attack at all 3 levels and had playmakers. I feel other than Adams making 30fters, SBU didn't do much tonight.

Im not gloating, even though I did call this before the game. I wanted Syracuse to win as badly as about anyone. The refs didnt make OB miss a bunny. etc. We simply cant say every cupcake has gotten so much better, and that's why the last however many games were white knucklers longer than they would have been in years past. I hope the guys learn from this and improve...and chemistry should improve naturally. I'm nowhere near a meltdown point, unlike some.
lol I find it hard to believe that you wanted to win as badly as about anyone. Very hard to believe. Having said that, I have been worried about this game since i saw it on the schedule. Toughest game on the schedule since I thought we had no shot at Kansas.

Oh man. Maryland never had us by 13. I will give you some credit for not giving up. But the Bonnies beat Maryland without Adams. Pretty good player, right? Imagine what that game would have looked like if Adams played and say Huerter didn't? Wouldn't be close. And sadly, we beat Maryland and lost to the Bonnies. If they played again, the Bonnies would beat them again.
lol if you watched that and came away thinking SB is better than Maryland... wow

Adams made 0 shots the last 25 minutes.

If we paid any attention to him in the first half, we win by 10+.

SBU is a good A10 team, but nothing they did tonight was impressive - I thought Buffalo was better and more balanced. Buffalo could attack at all 3 levels and had playmakers. I feel other than Adams making 30fters, SBU didn't do much tonight.
SBU beat Buffalo by 11 at Buffalo.

lol if you watched that and came away thinking SB is better than Maryland... wow
Yeah. you mean when they beat us and Maryland couldn't? Like that? Or that they beat Maryland without their BEST player. They have a better team than Maryland. They beat them head to head. They beat us head to head. On the other hand, we have your opinion.

lol I find it hard to believe that you wanted to win as badly as about anyone. Very hard to believe. Having said that, I have been worried about this game since i saw it on the schedule. Toughest game on the schedule since I thought we had no shot at Kansas.
I'm with you dasher but i'm not sure how you can come away tonight saying SBU was better than Buffalo. After Adams exploded in the 1st half it was just us missing bunnies and FTs.

I think Clark, Massinburg and Perkins are all better than what Bonnie has - maybe Adams fits in there but he literally took 1 shot in the last 25 minutes tonight

I'm with you dasher but i'm not sure how you can come away tonight saying SBU was better than Buffalo. After Adams exploded in the 1st half it was just us missing bunnies and FTs.

I think Clark, Massinburg and Perkins are all better than what Bonnie has - maybe Adams fits in there but he literally took 1 shot in the last 25 minutes tonight
I come off that way because the Bonnies went in to buffalo and beat them by 11. At some point, winning games matters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom