Bonaventure's Defense on Battle | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bonaventure's Defense on Battle

The same defense that continues to allow the opponent’s hot hand to go off? The same D that relies on trunk monkey to get us back in games because our base D just puts the players to sleep? Hey I get it the offense stinks but the D isn’t far behind.

To lighten things up a bit...being you mentioned Monkey, I was fully on edge eager to do my "monkey dance", if they hadnt blown that final possession.

lol if you watched that and came away thinking SB is better than Maryland... wow

Some people tried to imply Colgate was better than(or in the sane league) as Duke, after I mentioned the lead being single digits with under 5 to go on here. It's par for the course on here, my man.

I thought st Bonnie’s was horrible. That’s the k8nd of small team people tout all year that gets blown out in the first game of the dance.
Agree. Their second half was the worst half of basketball I've seen a winning team play ever.

I like Tyus a lot but he needs to improve in a lot of areas. He also has terrible mechanics. He’s quick but he’s not elite quick plus he has that weird pigeon-toed type movement. I’m not sure how much the NBA is into him, frankly. Who knows.
He's a very good college player who is going to need to adjust his game the rest f the way.

The same defense that continues to allow the opponent’s hot hand to go off? The same D that relies on trunk monkey to get us back in games because our base D just puts the players to sleep? Hey I get it the offense stinks but the D isn’t far behind.
The same defense that shut down Adams in the 2nd half COMPLETELY. A defense that stopped a team that scores in the 70s to ZERO baskets for doble diget minutes. Yeah, SU defense sucks.

How come we have just about tied your Iggy prediction and just admit we are better than you thought we would be?

They defended Battle well, as Buffalo did, but he made it easier on them. On Tuesday he was deferential and didn't force anything, last night was all impatient stepbacks and no-chance drives in hope of a whistle.

Buffalo did the same thing. Bonnies are better.

Acc teams know what to do.

We still go 500 in acc play.

Battle is a special player, teams know this, smart teams know this. The good teams will let Brissett and company beat us, the rest will be easy wins.

This isn't rocket science.

Thank you. Take out Battle. Pressure Frank. Conceptually we are easy to defend. We have to overcome this because every ACC team knows the blueprint.

We can go .500 in ACC play but I think we need a significant road win or we are pressing our luck. @FSU, @UM, @DOOK, @Ville

Some people tried to imply Colgate was better than(or in the sane league) as Duke, after I mentioned the lead being single digits with under 5 to go on here. It's par for the course on here, my man.
No one implied that Colgate was even in the same time zone as Duke. Don't lie.

Battle needs to adjust his offensive strategy for SU to have a chance going forward. Having two of your three take the night off is unsustainable. With a good defense and three guys that can score any given night, you should be able to win on most nights in college basketball.

No one implied that Colgate was even in the same time zone as Duke. Don't lie.

Ok, so when I said(this is all from memory, not bothering to go back there now) that JB had trouble with the midgets on Colgate in his 42nd season(single digits with under 5 left, glad I didnt wager!), and that hopefully if Ewing is around that long he wouldnt(he seemed to do well enough against JB is his first "major" challenge, which I called long before most of you), and then you brought up that Colgate had a lead on BC...who had just beaten Duke, what excactly were you trying to imply? Here is your chance to clarify it. Is that fair enough to you big guy, or do you still feel the desire to get off on calling me a liar? (While you're at it, I'll remind you mighty BC was able to squeak by lowly Richmond in OT. 2-9 Richmond).

The ball is in your court, I'm just warming up(afyer a good nap, really worked wonders for my spirit) and can go back to that travesty of a thread if you want to press the issue, but I wanted to avoid that hate-filled filth...just the memory is putting me in a place I personally am fighting not to be. After the Georgetown game, I feel my position(which JB himself later backed, against the vast majority of the folks attacking Ewing, and maybe 2 directly coming at me in that hate-filled thread of ill logic) was well-vindicated. Heck, somebody(was it you?) even told me to enjoy myself rooting for Georgetown, because apparently they had difficulty understanding rudimentary logic. Hope we(including the other person, if it wsnt you), can put our differences aside and get all aboard. Buckle up, it could be a bumpy ride, but hopefully well worth whatever our emotions go through. I hope we can be cool with one another, even if this team gets us on edge at times! Sometimes, thinking of the speech after the final bout at the end of Rocky IV(or anything of similar nature), can be helpul in fostering peace. If I"m in the area, I can buy you a beverage of your choice(even if you're a high roller) as a gesture of good-will, and maybe we can get things straightened out so can get back to business. I get that I may have thought of the other person who took a cheap shot at me in the thread at first, so maybe my initial words about the swipe you admitted taking could have been better chosen. Of the last 4 games now, hopefully we can agree that what in the past would have looked like a cupcake schedule, is a challenge game in and game out, with a rookie Ewing giving us everything but an outright defeat, if not for a nearly miraculous comeback that few folks thought(0ther than myself, from a post I made calling it at about a 7 point deficit) saw coming. If it really helps folks to feel better mocking me, I suppose it's ok to go for it. I've certainly been through heaps of stuff that makes that look like a cakealk, so have at it! To quote a line from the song, "Cochise", about an extremely brave and pincipled Native American leader screwed by the establishment, "Go ahead and save yourself, and take it out on me". I may have gotten off track more than I wanted to here, but the appropriate material is there, the rest if just bonus of enrichment for any souls who need it. Christmas is a season of love.

Sure at times I could choose better words, and when my better angels get my ear, I do put forth effort. It can switch even in the same post, but it's genuine when I put the effort in. Sometimes I play the character of heel. It actually seems to get lest reprocussion, surprisingly, from those it counts from(technically, speaking). The heel wrestler doesnt make me a bad guy in my heart of hearts though, and I do try to express it when I sense that folks arent getting it(I dont like to too often, or it ruins the act). My mentor on here(RIP) was almost always positive. It didnt work out for him, so I try to mix it up. Let me know if there is anything else you still require after all this, please(I even said plese, man! :) ).

Hopefully we can all get on the same page after having our butts bailed out there, although we lost the title belt of "new york's college team" for the season, but it's only one season. Hopefully the Orange buckle down, hopefully Sidibe's knee mends, and hopefully we get some pleasant surprises during ACC matches! LGO!!!!

Last edited:
Ok, so when I said(this is all from memory, not bothering to go back there now) that JB had trouble with the midgets on Colgate in his 42nd season(single digits with under 5 left, glad I didnt wager!), and that hopefully if Ewing is around that long he wouldnt(he seemed to do well enough against JB is his first "major" challenge, which I called long before most of you), and then you brought up that Colgate had a lead on BC...who had just beaten Duke, what excactly were you trying to imply? Here is your chance to clarify it. Is that fair enough to you big guy, or do you still feel the desire to get off on calling me a liar?

The ball is in your court. After the Georgetown game, I feel my position(which JB himself later backed, against the vast majority of the folks attacking Ewing, and maybe 2 directly coming at me in that hate-filled thread of ill logic) was well-vindicated. Heck, somebody(was it you?) even told me to enjoy myself rooting for Georgetown, because apparently they had difficulty understanding rudimentary logic. Hope we(including the other person, if it wsnt you), can put our differences aside and get all aboard. Buckle up, it could be a bumpy ride, but hopefully well worth whatever our emotions go through. I hope we can be cool with one another, even if this team gets us on edge at times! Sometimes, thinking of the speech after the final bout at the end of Rocky IV(or anything of similar nature), can be helpul in Fostering peace. If I"m in the area, I can buy you a beverage of your choice(even if you're a high roller) as a gesture of good-will, and maybe we can get things straightened out so can get back to business. I get that I may have thought of the other person who took a cheap shot at me in the thread at first, so maybe my initial words about the swipe you admitted taking could have been better chosen. Of the last 4 games now, hopefully we can agree that what in the past would have looked like a cupcake schedule, is a challenge game in and game out, with a rookie Ewing giving us everything but an outright defeat, if not for a nearly miraculous comeback that few folks thought(0ther than myself, from a post I made calling it at about a 7 point deficit) saw coming. If it really helps folks to feel better mocking me, I suppose it's ok to go for it. I've certainly been through heaps of stuff that makes that look like a cakealk, so have at it! To quote a line from the song, "Cochise", about an extremely brave and pincipled Native American leader screwed by the establishment, "Go ahead and save yourself, and take it out on me". I may have gotten off track more than I wanted to here, but the appropriate material is there, the rest if just bonus of enrichment for any souls who need it. Christmas is a season of love.

Hopefully we can all get on the same page after having our butts bailed out there, although we lost the title belt of "new york's college team" for the season, but it's only one season. Hopefully the Orange buckle down, hopefully Sidibe's knee mends, and hopefully we get some pleasant surprises during ACC matches! LGO!!!!
Besides that, how are Ya?

Besides that, how are Ya?

Fan-bleeping-tastic! No joke, and not too much of an exaggeration. Quite well, my good man. How about you? I have to be careful not to run out of my daily alotment just yet, that part is frustrating as bleep, but other than that quite darn well! The orange may have lost one title belt for now, but they will have others, and I still have mine. *does Aaron Rodgers title belt gesture* (I think that is still allowed and appropriate, right?)

If not being severely hamstring by the (bleep) (bleeping) away my daily (bleep), I think I could really do G*d's work a bit. Oh well, not letting anything bring me down. Isn't it amazing what a simple nap can do for a tortured soul with sleep issues? It really can be like air and water(I leave food off the list because have done epic fasts that some have expressed they thought were not possible...it's amazing the possibilities in this universe we for brief moments can at times glimpse if met with the proper inspiration. Heck, even my writing seems a touch better than the drab drivel i've put out lately). #SleepFTW!!

This might rock to hard for you, but it describes it well enough for something that came quickly: EDIT: I think youve inspired me to hit the bottle, but it really would make sense to put forth the effort to start a stew first...ugh...maybe I will do both at once :)

Fan-bleeping-tastic! No joke, and not too much of an exaggeration. Quite well, my good man. How about you? I have to be careful not to run out of my daily alotment just yet, that part is frustrating as bleep, but other than that quite darn well! The orange may have lost one title belt for now, but they will have others, and I still have mine. *does Aaron Rodgers title belt gesture* (I think that is still allowed and appropriate, right?)

If not being severely hamstring by the (bleep) (bleeping) away my daily (bleep), I think I could really do G*d's work a bit. Oh well, not letting anything bring me down. Isn't it amazing what a simple nap can do for a tortured soul with sleep issues? It really can be like air and water(I leave food off the list because have done epic fasts that some have expressed they thought were not possible...it's amazing the possibilities in this universe we for brief moments can at times glimpse if met with the proper inspiration. Heck, even my writing seems a touch better than the drab drivel i've put out lately). #SleepFTW!!

This might rock to hard for you, but it describes it well enough for something that came quickly: EDIT: I think youve inspired me to hit the bottle, but it really would make sense to put forth the effort to start a stew first...ugh...maybe I will do both at once :)

Thanks. Hope you have a few days off and are having a good time over the Holidays.

So this is Christmas- John Lennon.

Thanks. Hope you have a few days off and are having a good time over the Holidays.

So this is Christmas- John Lennon.

Appreciate that, brother. Amazing song, I'd be surprised if I havent posted it on here as well. War is over, if you want it! Sometimes that reminder is one of the best blessings someone can offer to me(and I uppose others, as well). *virtual first bump*(heck, even a hug if you want), it's Christmas and I suppose Channakuh and all the other under 2 percents like the fda requires to be listed, even though nobody is physically ingesting this...I hope!...but I'm not feeling like remembering them currently...festivus, etc...now I really could use a drink lol)

Last edited:
image.jpg

Ok, so when I said(this is all from memory, not bothering to go back there now) that JB had trouble with the midgets on Colgate in his 42nd season(single digits with under 5 left, glad I didnt wager!), and that hopefully if Ewing is around that long he wouldnt(he seemed to do well enough against JB is his first "major" challenge, which I called long before most of you), and then you brought up that Colgate had a lead on BC...who had just beaten Duke, what excactly were you trying to imply? Here is your chance to clarify it. Is that fair enough to you big guy, or do you still feel the desire to get off on calling me a liar? (While you're at it, I'll remind you mighty BC was able to squeak by lowly Richmond in OT. 2-9 Richmond).

The ball is in your court, I'm just warming up(afyer a good nap, really worked wonders for my spirit) and can go back to that travesty of a thread if you want to press the issue, but I wanted to avoid that hate-filled filth...just the memory is putting me in a place I personally am fighting not to be. After the Georgetown game, I feel my position(which JB himself later backed, against the vast majority of the folks attacking Ewing, and maybe 2 directly coming at me in that hate-filled thread of ill logic) was well-vindicated. Heck, somebody(was it you?) even told me to enjoy myself rooting for Georgetown, because apparently they had difficulty understanding rudimentary logic. Hope we(including the other person, if it wsnt you), can put our differences aside and get all aboard. Buckle up, it could be a bumpy ride, but hopefully well worth whatever our emotions go through. I hope we can be cool with one another, even if this team gets us on edge at times! Sometimes, thinking of the speech after the final bout at the end of Rocky IV(or anything of similar nature), can be helpul in fostering peace. If I"m in the area, I can buy you a beverage of your choice(even if you're a high roller) as a gesture of good-will, and maybe we can get things straightened out so can get back to business. I get that I may have thought of the other person who took a cheap shot at me in the thread at first, so maybe my initial words about the swipe you admitted taking could have been better chosen. Of the last 4 games now, hopefully we can agree that what in the past would have looked like a cupcake schedule, is a challenge game in and game out, with a rookie Ewing giving us everything but an outright defeat, if not for a nearly miraculous comeback that few folks thought(0ther than myself, from a post I made calling it at about a 7 point deficit) saw coming. If it really helps folks to feel better mocking me, I suppose it's ok to go for it. I've certainly been through heaps of stuff that makes that look like a cakealk, so have at it! To quote a line from the song, "Cochise", about an extremely brave and pincipled Native American leader screwed by the establishment, "Go ahead and save yourself, and take it out on me". I may have gotten off track more than I wanted to here, but the appropriate material is there, the rest if just bonus of enrichment for any souls who need it. Christmas is a season of love.

Sure at times I could choose better words, and when my better angels get my ear, I do put forth effort. It can switch even in the same post, but it's genuine when I put the effort in. Sometimes I play the character of heel. It actually seems to get lest reprocussion, surprisingly, from those it counts from(technically, speaking). The heel wrestler doesnt make me a bad guy in my heart of hearts though, and I do try to express it when I sense that folks arent getting it(I dont like to too often, or it ruins the act). My mentor on here(RIP) was almost always positive. It didnt work out for him, so I try to mix it up. Let me know if there is anything else you still require after all this, please(I even said plese, man! :) ).

This is at least the third time in this thread you have mentioned 'you called' the Georgetown game. Are we keeping score?

Because I want to make sure I get credit for the Clemson game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom