Bonaventure's Defense on Battle | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bonaventure's Defense on Battle

SBU beat Buffalo by 11 at Buffalo.
Mobley had 25 and Adams went 3/6 from the field and made 0 3's that game.

Not all matchups are equal

how hard is it to simply acknowledge that we lost to a decent (in the grand scheme of college hoops) team because we played like garbage?
Who are you talking to? It's not hard. By the way, that's what we are. Oh, and Maryland is that only lesser so. i don't know if you played baseball but there are always pitchers that you just can't understand how they get you out. They got nothing. They just win all the time. now, the pitchers that they are beating, they are really good.

how hard is it to simply acknowledge that we lost to a decent (in the grand scheme of college hoops) team because we played like garbage?
It's not.

At the end of day we played a very strong OOC and this loss is definitely not a "bad loss".

They made 2 shots in the last 18 minutes of gameplay and we lost. That's why it stinks. It wasn't about that we lost, it was how we lost. In March I highly doubt this means anything if we take care of business in the ACC.

Syracuse wins if Tyus and Oshae showed up. Neither did and this was the result. The defense is good enough to keep them in most games.
Agree. Many are commenting on tough defense on Battle but he could not hit the broadside of a barn if he was standing in it tonight. Shooters will have those games. It is just when two of our big three are off, we are in for a long night and most likely a disappointment, just as we are dealing with now.

Battle might be better served by staying another year. Every team will be focused on stopping him this year. You stop him and you will beat Syracuse. More weapons next year and he will avoid double teams and face guarding. He won't be constantly hounded with Brissette (if he doesn't leave) , Howard, Hughes, Carey, Beazeley all occupying defenders. I'm afraid Tyus might have a lot of nights like this. Too much on his shoulders. With more quality offensive players next year he will flourish and be bigtime.

I still think Buffalo is a little better than Bonnies. Sadly our offense and pace is going to keep these teams in it. They had no business winning that game with their drought and turnovers but they did, lol.

Battle might be better served by staying another year. Every team will be focused on stopping him this year. You stop him and you will beat Syracuse. More weapons next year and he will avoid double teams and face guarding. He won't be constantly hounded with Brissette (if he doesn't leave) , Howard, Hughes, Carey, Beazeley all occupying defenders. I'm afraid Tyus might have a lot of nights like this. Too much on his shoulders. With more quality offensive players next year he will flourish and be bigtime.

I like Tyus a lot but he needs to improve in a lot of areas. He also has terrible mechanics. He’s quick but he’s not elite quick plus he has that weird pigeon-toed type movement. I’m not sure how much the NBA is into him, frankly. Who knows.

They did throw down one or two dunks/lobs out of their many chances. Did we even have one dunk? I know Chukwu missed one.

EDIT: I remember one by Howard in the first half.

st Bonaventure has 6 wins in the ncaa tourney. ever. 6... lets pump the brakes on the "make noise" thing.

I like Tyus a lot but he needs to improve in a lot of areas. He also has terrible mechanics. He’s quick but he’s not elite quick plus he has that weird pigeon-toed type movement. I’m not sure how much the NBA is into him, frankly. Who knows.
He needs to get much better at:
- passing (in general, but especially when he draws multiple defenders)
- going left
- shooting mechanics
- not whining when he thinks he's fouled

He needs to get much better at:
- passing (in general, but especially when he draws multiple defenders)
- going left
- shooting mechanics
- not whining when he thinks he's fouled

Yeah, your point about the passing is big. Would help the offense out a lot but if everybody is standing and not cutting then it’s void. Basic stuff I would think...the movement/cutting I mean.

Buffalo did the same thing. Bonnies are better.

Acc teams know what to do.

We still go 500 in acc play.

Battle is a special player, teams know this, smart teams know this. The good teams will let Brissett and company beat us, the rest will be easy wins.

This isn't rocket science.

I'm with you dasher but i'm not sure how you can come away tonight saying SBU was better than Buffalo. After Adams exploded in the 1st half it was just us missing bunnies and FTs.

I think Clark, Massinburg and Perkins are all better than what Bonnie has - maybe Adams fits in there but he literally took 1 shot in the last 25 minutes tonight

Clark wasn’t eligible and didn’t play against Buffalo. In his 2 games for them (SU and Texas Tech) he’s averaging 16 points and 7 assists/game. Buffalo is a different team that played the Bonnie’s earlier this month without Clark.

st Bonaventure has 6 wins in the ncaa tourney. ever. 6... lets pump the brakes on the "make noise" thing.

Right? They might make the tourney. If that’s “noise” for them, than sure they can “make noise”.

I can’t see them going anywhere in the tourney. One win, max. Probably not though.

People are quick to make comparisons based on seeing a team once. Buffalo better than Bona after seeing each team once? Let see, SU beat Maryland. BONA beat Maryland. SU beat Buffalo. Bona beat Buffalo (on the road). Bona beat SU (on the road). Now to an ubais person, what would that tell you?

Tonights game was horrible, for both teams. I've watch both teams and both are capable of better. To me the refs ruined the game. The first half calls changed everything. They changed in the 2nd half because if the continued the game would have ended with nothing but 4th stringers! Then the refs allowed the game to get out off hand, to rough. I thought that SU mugged some of the bonnies in their full court press but no calls. Even the announcers noticed it.

Tonight, Bona came out on top. First time in 36 years. I was there for the last time. Glad to see it again.

People are quick to make comparisons based on seeing a team once. Buffalo better than Bona after seeing each team once? Let see, SU beat Maryland. BONA beat Maryland. SU beat Buffalo. Bona beat Buffalo (on the road). Bona beat SU (on the road). Now to an ubais person, what would that tell you?

Tonights game was horrible, for both teams. I've watch both teams and both are capable of better. To me the refs ruined the game. The first half calls changed everything. They changed in the 2nd half because if the continued the game would have ended with nothing but 4th stringers! Then the refs allowed the game to get out off hand, to rough. I thought that SU mugged some of the bonnies in their full court press but no calls. Even the announcers noticed it.

Tonight, Bona came out on top. First time in 36 years. I was there for the last time. Glad to see it again.
cool, st bonawhatever fan keeps chiming in. it was a game. GFY

lol I find it hard to believe that you wanted to win as badly as about anyone. Very hard to believe. Having said that, I have been worried about this game since i saw it on the schedule. Toughest game on the schedule since I thought we had no shot at Kansas.

Why, because I defended people(and was exonerated by the results) against hatred and faulty lo9ic in the past? I called this one weeks before it happened, and again was proven right. I defy you to show where anything close to a majority of my predictions are proven wrong,

I may not be well liked, and I dont mind that. Andy Kaufman made a career of it. Folks who know me know how much I love the team. I just cant stand some of hateful speech, especially from a number of people who love to censor others(mods, relax...going out of my way to say that I'm NOT talking about you, lest you...), yet claim to be...what's the PC word for it now? I cant even keep up with what folks like to label themselves, lol.

Seriously, I was once one of the more positive posters on here, in the footsteps of my mentor (cant say name), and you want to say I dont love this team? It's just some of the jackassery on here that I call out, not the team. I think the body of my work will attest to that. Feel free to show otherwise, it's your right. Good grief, it's Christmas time and I have to deal with this? Come on, youre named after this time of year!!

The defense is good enough to keep them in most games.
The same defense that continues to allow the opponent’s hot hand to go off? The same D that relies on trunk monkey to get us back in games because our base D just puts the players to sleep? Hey I get it the offense stinks but the D isn’t far behind.

When I pointed out that SU had trouble with the MIDGETS on Colgate, TWO folks took swipes at me, saying that Colgate had leads on the mighty BE Eagles(remember Baye's Little Wing parody?!? lol), right after BC beat Duke...trying to justify it. Heck, I just had someone call my fan status into account for questioning however many games in a row from teams many thought were cupcakes(and/or who normally are/still are), as if I dont have a right to be concerned. I guess everyone is a powerhouse and RPI is vindicated for having us in the top 15 and for once isnt being mocked. Anyhow, this doesnt apply to most on here, just to the couple of folks looking to mock me for expressing my concern. I hope that theyre wrong and we're ranked in the top 15 deservingly, in a couple of weeks. We certainly could be by season's end, but it would require some improvement, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom