Boneyard | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I have eyes?

You have seen both play full games in person in college? I've seen both in high school (and Larrier in college). They were compatible talents in highs school based on their junior years. Now Moyer could develop at a faster pace, grow, etc. but as of the summer between their junior and senior years in high school they were/are comparable talents. Again, projecting a high schoolers leap into college is tricky. I would bet you would have expected more from top 50ish Joseph and he looked pretty overrated.

The main point is that the longer UConn is in the AAC, the worse things will get. I don't believe it will be an immediate fall from grace. Just a slow drip, drip, drip. Of course, the other point is, why are you here? To convince us that you are not in dire trouble long term because of your conference. Very hard sell. And that was the writers point that the nitwits on your board can't grasp. That ranking wasn't what programs have done the best over the last 20 years. It was what are the best jobs right now. There were no non p-5 jobs on that list. I would have had UConn at 15 but it's not like the writer had an agenda against UConn. He writes for a Syracuse paper but is not a Syracuse fan. and once again, what happened to that news in May?

I think most honest UConn fans would have no problems with UConn not being on the list, depending on how heavily the author weighs conference. However, I'd argue most also think Cuse at 8 is high, esp in relation to Texas.

Honestly, it doesn't matter until you have a coaching change anyway, but the way I look at it is, could Cuse steal Smart grow Texas?

Ollie is a different bird (like Boeheim) due to where both went to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.