Boston sports teams vs NYC sports teams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boston sports teams vs NYC sports teams

7.5 now. Another grand slam.

I have no idea if this hitting will continue, but boy oh boy, it's fun to watch.

Both, are much closer to NYC than the patsies are to boston.

Islanders were what, 100 yards from Queens??
Foxboro is in 20 miles but it’s the New England Patriots not what they were founded as the Boston patriots.

People from New York don't talk about Boston.
I believe that used to be the case for Yankee fans, but I think Yankee fans my age (41) and younger are now far too obsessed with the Red Sox.

I believe that used to be the case for Yankee fans, but I think Yankee fans my age (41) and younger are now far too obsessed with the Red Sox.
Honestly until the Sox won it all Yankees fans looked at Red Sox fans and were like okay little brother win something.
It was the Red Sox fans obsessed with the Yankees.
Since 2004 Yankees fans especially the younger ones you mentioned have kinda legitimized the hatred back at Boston. The older fans don’t have the same volume but younger Yankees don’t have the mindset the older ones do towards the Sox. It’s more like 2 bullies now.

Honestly until the Sox won it all Yankees fans looked at Red Sox fans and were like okay little brother win something.
It was the Red Sox fans obsessed with the Yankees.
Since 2004 Yankees fans especially the younger ones you mentioned have kinda legitimized the hatred back at Boston. The older fans don’t have the same volume but younger Yankees don’t have the mindset the older ones do towards the Sox. It’s more like 2 bullies now.
I never wanted the sux to win shlit.

Liked laughing at them and chanting 1918.

Now that they won?...yes, it’s legitimately and finally...2 bullies.

Doesn't get much better for Boston fans than tonight. And I didn't even look to see what the yankmes did

Doesn't get much better for Boston fans than tonight. And I didn't even look to see what the yankmes did

And just heard on the radio the yankmes lost.

Glorious.

Help me out here...

Are u lighting up a cigar because u beat the Sixers in game 1 of what should be a 7 game series...or just pounding your chest because u finally won a game v a last place team in the Royals??

May is here, just need to be within 3 by Memorial Day...

Help me out here...

Are u lighting up a cigar because u beat the Sixers in game 1 of what should be a 7 game series...or just pounding your chest because u finally won a game v a last place team in the Royals??

May is here, just need to be within 3 by Memorial Day...
Celtics and Bruins are in the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Sox are 21-7 was the point.

NYC hasn’t had a relevant basketball game this time of year since 2013.
Rangers are playing on the Lightning and Bruins right now.

Yankees are legit. Both teams are playoff teams and it will come down to a handful of games to see who gets the division and 1 game playoff.

Boston has the terrible anthem singer Rene Rancourt.

The sports world wins after Tampa Bay retires him this weekend.

giphy.gif.cf.gif

I am in the minority but I can’t stand that glory fist pumper and was happy when he announced he was retiring.

3 weeks to go...

Sox fan here. Happy with where we are but realistic.

Yanks are better this year. Not much, but a little and obviously. Sox had a great start but all it did was give them a chance to not be buried early. I mean, heck, its like each team has been taking haymakers and at the same time the other is still there. And Stanton has been a pretty significant failure in month 1 and you guys are still rolling.

I think the Sox are one player away from being on par with or ahead of NY and that one player is getting rid of David Price. If we pull a Nomar and cut bait on this abject failure of a player mid season, watch out.

That said, I worry that he is coming to fail in one too many big spots.

PS- I think the countdown, at this point, is moot. Clearly you beat your projection and will very likely be leading in a couple of days, nevermind Memorial Day.