Bourama Sidibe | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Chubaka will be fine. I hope that he along with a few other guys like moyer and battle get a chance to play some international comp this summer. Its like adding an additional season.

We should be able to take a summer trip this year like we did in 2013. You can take one once every four years.

St. Benedict's is a major program and they play plenty of good teams. Sidibe faces excellent competition and does well against it.

It is, but every highlight film I've seen of him shows him against clearly inferior competition when it highlights his defensive skill and outside of a WIDE open dunk very little offense and difficulty finishing in traffic against much smaller defenders.

He looks very athletic and he has size, maybe by his Junior year he can give us quality minutes but I'm really not expecting anything from him until then.

It is, but every highlight film I've seen of him shows him against clearly inferior competition when it highlights his defensive skill and outside of a WIDE open dunk very little offense and difficulty finishing in traffic against much smaller defenders.

He looks very athletic and he has size, maybe by his Junior year he can give us quality minutes but I'm really not expecting anything from him until then.

He's played well against good big men, including dominating Nick Richards.

Your second scenario is possible but I think he will be ready to chip in a little next year. He knows how to play with both hands near the basket and has a nice stationary jumper.

He's played well against good big men, including dominating Nick Richards.

Your second scenario is possible but I think he will be ready to chip in a little next year. He knows how to play with both hands near the basket and has a nice stationary jumper.

If Thompson still can't play defense and 72 ends up being a huge bust then I hope he will be able to. We should be set at the 5, do you think he could red shirt?

If Thompson still can't play defense and 72 ends up being a huge bust then I hope he will be able to. We should be set at the 5, do you think he could red shirt?

I doubt he redshirts because 7'2" does look like a bust. Sidibe can play the 5 and some 4. At the very least he has the foot speed. If 7'2" looks like this year's model, Sidibe would have to play the 5.

And let's first fill our roster before we start talking redshirts. We are a long way from that.

I doubt he redshirts because 7'2" does look like a bust. Sidibe can play the 5 and some 4. At the very least he has the foot speed. If 7'2" looks like this year's model, Sidibe would have to play the 5.

And let's first fill our roster before we start talking redshirts. We are a long way from that.

Not Chukwu, Sidbe.

Not Chukwu, Sidbe.

Right. You were asking if Sidibe could redshirt, right? I was saying I doubt that happens since we need a backup center to Thompson and probably some help at the 4 too.

Is our staff recruiting Bourama's teammate: this kid is fantastic. I expect us to get involved at some point. Explosive player. I've mentioned him in this thread. I believe Francis has chimed in on him in this thread too. I'd make a separate thread but is SU recruiting him or showing interest?

Is our staff recruiting Bourama's teammate: this kid is fantastic. I expect us to get involved at some point. Explosive player. I've mentioned him in this thread. I believe Francis has chimed in on him in this thread too. I'd make a separate thread but is SU recruiting him or showing interest?

Corey Evans on Twitter
I have no clue if Syracuse is involved or not, but I have to figure St. John's has an edge since God'sgift played there.