Bourama Sidibe | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Can we suit him up?
No because he is still in high school. You're not allowed to use a high school player. Plus he doesn't know the nuances of the zone yet. ( guess I just got tired of that same joke all the time)

Like Precious?

I don't have confirmation but I think Precious, Cotton and Farrakhan are the most likely. I was told by the best possible source, "we'll see" when I was fishing for specifics.

Sidibe and his coach wanted to come up for the Duke game so this sort of atmosphere should be a fun consolation prize (hope so!!!).

Last edited:
I don't have confirmation but I think Precious, Cotton and Farrakhan are the most likely. I was told by the best possible source, "we'll see" when I was fishing for specifics.

Sidibe and his coach wanted to come up for the Duke game so this sort of atmosphere should be a fun consolation prize (hope so!!!).
Farrakhan is at Maryland today. So we can cross him out unfortunately. :(

C7scL8_XQAI9fso.jpg

Watching Chris Silva of South Carolina, I think he's a great comparison to Sidibe. Both are from Africa and wound up at NJ Catholic high schools. Both are 6'9". Similar builds. Silva has put on some muscle. But are known for their shot blocking ability. Silva has really made huge strides offensively since his freshman year, nearly doubling his scoring.

I watched Silva live a few times in high school and I was more impressed with Sidibe offensively as a high school senior but I expect a similar trajectory for Sidibe. If we wind up with a player like Silva we will be more than happy.

Watching Chris Silva of South Carolina, I think he's a great comparison to Sidibe. Both are from Africa and wound up at NJ Catholic high schools. Both are 6'9". Similar builds. Silva has put on some muscle. But are known for their shot blocking ability. Silva has really made huge strides offensively since his freshman year, nearly doubling his scoring.

I watched Silva live a few times in high school and I was more impressed with Sidibe offensively as a high school senior but I expect a similar trajectory for Sidibe. If we wind up with a player like Silva we will be more than happy.
Nice comparison. I remember we were involved with SIlva for a while, did we pull off because we preferred Diagne in that situation? Or did Silva cut SU off his list for other reasons? I was impressed with Silva when we played SC in Brooklyn, he definitely could have helped down low this year, very good, physical defender and rebounder.

Nice comparison. I remember we were involved with SIlva for a while, did we pull off because we preferred Diagne in that situation? Or did Silva cut SU off his list for other reasons? I was impressed with Silva when we played SC in Brooklyn, he definitely could have helped down low this year, very good, physical defender and rebounder.

We were involved with Silva but I never got the impression he was one of our absolute top choices.

Not sure if this was posted but thought it had some decent video of bourama against some good competition...theres not a lot of tape out there for us to see on him so it was nice to see him play against some food players...i watched the whole thing but from about the 5:40 mark and on has some good stuff of bourama.

I think this was a tremendous pick up for us and he has a ton of upside...perfect type of player for our system

Capital Classic
I didn't see this posted:
The Capital Classic, 4/8/17 – DMVSTREAM.COM

Sidibe (and Matt Coleman) in the Capital Classic.
Be forewarned — it's an ugly game, especially in the first half.

Not sure how much can be taken away from this game. I think Sidibe finished with 15 and 12? He was efficient/effective with a mid-range jumper, and finished around the rim. Didn't seem like he had that many rebounds...

He's really lean. Doesn't shy away from contact. Wish more of a motor were on display here, but maybe it's a matter of the context.

6 points, 2 rebounds, 1 block in first half of Jordan regional game.

Looks great...really like this kid, has tons of potential in our system that we play!