Bourama Sidibe | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

GREAT! But with 3 alumni assistant coaches who played guard you would think you could get some top flight guards to commit.

Love it. Welcome to the family, Bourama.

He seems very smooth, and fluid with the ball as a big. Nice touch on his midrange shot, and around the rim. Could be a great weak side shot blocker at the 4, in the zone. While also being able to man the middle. Great pickup.

We may miss out on those one and dones, but we can build a team for the future. The sky isn't falling.

GREAT! But with 3 alumni assistant coaches who played guard you would think you could get some top flight guards to commit.

One needs to be replaced. He's beloved, but not good at his job.

But, this is about a great recruit. Happy to have him, and look forward to watching him. The ball is gonna get rolling, and all will be well.

Congratulations to the young man! Thanks for joining us. He can be a very good player for us.

He does seem skinny in some videos but maybe has put on weight. He is listed at 6'10" and 225lbs. Richards is listed at 6'11" and 225lbs and Bamba is listed at 6'11" 215 lbs. Not saying that is accurate but he is at least in the same range as those guys.

I like that he finishes and blocks with both hands. Hits the 10-15 jump shot a good amount. Definitely doesn't show a lot of post moves but neither does Richards or Bamba. Problem is i can't find videos of him playing against good talent. Seems like the videos i see are highschool and guys are 4-6 inches shorter so for me its hard to say how good he is. Would like to see how he does against some of the top centers.

St. Benedict's is one of the premier NJ schools. I'm sure you can find some of their games from last year online.

St. Benedict's is one of the premier NJ schools. I'm sure you can find some of their games from last year online.

Agreed--he's played PLENTY against guys his own size. The adjustment should be relatively minimal in that regard in terms of the jump to collegiate ball.

Here's a playoff game between St. Benedict's and Blair Academy. Sidibe goes up against Deng Gak, who some of you may have heard of in recruiting circles. Gak signed with Miami.

One needs to be replaced. He's beloved, but not good at his job.

But, this is about a great recruit. Happy to have him, and look forward to watching him. The ball is gonna get rolling, and all will be well.
And you know this how?

To my eyes, he has real natural shot blocking talent. He knows how to post up, but he seldom gets the ball passed to him on this team, which has some good guards. He rebounds reasonably well, but is not a maniac getting after the ball. He is mobile, reasonably fluid, defends the post pretty well. He has been well coached.

He will take a year to contribute (not three), but his upside is like Gorgui Dieng of Louisville or Amida Brimah of UConn, if he sticks around for 3 or 4 years, although both were better offensively and turned into offensive threats down low by the end of their college years. Sidibe has a ways to go on the offensive end, but a coach or team has to cultivate that and use it. Kids don't suddenly become capable in the low post if no one ever passes them the ball.

To my eyes, he has real natural shot blocking talent. He knows how to post up, but he seldom gets the ball passed to him on this team, which has some good guards. He rebounds reasonably well, but is not a maniac getting after the ball. He is mobile, reasonably fluid, defends the post pretty well. He has been well coached.

He will take a year to contribute (not three), but his upside is like Gorgui Dieng of Louisville or Amida Brimah of UConn, if he sticks around for 3 or 4 years, although both were better offensively and turned into offensive threats down low by the end of their college years. Sidibe has a ways to go on the offensive end, but a coach or team has to cultivate that and use it. Kids don't suddenly become capable in the low post if no one ever passes them the ball.

Serious question, have you seen Brimah play? He is nothing like Dieng. Brimah is horrendous offensively, can't grab a board for his life, and is a foul machine. He is an excellent shot blocker. But that is literally all he is. I sincerely hope Sidibe provides us more than that during his SU tenure.

Serious question, have you seen Brimah play? He is nothing like Dieng. Brimah is horrendous offensively, can't grab a board for his life, and is a foul machine. He is an excellent shot blocker. But that is literally all he is. I sincerely hope Sidibe provides us more than that during his SU tenure.
Tough to underestimate shot blockers. Brimah hasnt progressed in his 3+ yrs at ucon, but it is worth noting that he was a valuable role player (aka rim protector) in winning a national championship his freshman year. I am hoping Paschal and or Bourama can be similar role players for SU! Imo just cant underestimate rim protectors in basketball nowadays, especially college bball