Bourama Sidibe | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

Hopefully as a player and not a person.
Seriously, i was going to write that same thing, but thought i'd try to keep it 'sunny.'
But, yeah. I despise the actual KG...

Absolutely not! I want him to sign, he isn't Chino 2.0 at all.

I have seen little of him. Is there any extra element of hoping he is good in the general evaluations, given how this recruiting cycle has gone so far? Or is he a legit, quality big man?

I have seen little of him. Is there any extra element of hoping he is good in the general evaluations, given how this recruiting cycle has gone so far? Or is he a legit, quality big man?
He's raw, but very athletic and smooth for a big guy. The quick comparison is Keita, who can catch and dribble a ball! Ha! Guess it's not really a comparison at all! Hop has said he's packed with potential for a big!

I don't think you need to hope he will be good. I think its more a matter of how good he can be down the road. He's going to be a quality big guy who contributes, maybe not a ton as a freshman with Chukwu and Thompson on the team but certainly as a sophomore and beyond. He has legit size, length and good athleticism. He plays aggressively on both ends. How good he is depends on how much he develops while at SU.

I don't think you need to hope he will be good. I think its more a matter of how good he can be down the road. He's going to be a quality big guy who contributes, maybe not a ton as a freshman with Chukwu and Thompson on the team but certainly as a sophomore and beyond. He has legit size, length and good athleticism. He plays aggressively on both ends. How good he is depends on how much he develops while at SU.

I see him as a 3 year starter. Love his skills set / size / athleticism, and what he brings to the table as a shot blocker.

Again, I haven't seen too much of him, but from what I've seen, this is my basic gist of him:

My biggest concern with him is that he's very skinny at the moment. He'll get pushed around by bigger big men. He also doesn't seem to have much of a post game, if any at all, but as I get into below, he seems like an opportunistic kind of scorer that might be able to shoot it a bit from mid range.

Offensively, he shows a lot more flashes than guys like Chino and BMK showed. Looks like he can finish well with either hand and looks like he can shoot a little bit. He doesn't seem to waste his time with extra dribbles, cocking the ball back on dunks, etc. For example, one of my biggest complaints about Coleman is that he'll carve out good position for himself and seal his man off, but he'll take that small dribble after catching the ball before going up with it, allowing the defender to recover and challenge his shot. Sidibe looks like he's very quick about catching the ball and immediately going up with it.

Defensively, he seems to have pretty good instincts and coordination as a shot blocker.

Athletically, I wouldn't say he's necessarily an explosive leaper, but he's a quick leaper. And he's very coordinated in terms of running, sliding, etc.

I see him as a 3 year starter. Love his skills set / size / athleticism, and what he brings to the table as a shot blocker.

Having bug guys who start multiple seasons is really becoming a rarity. Its too bad because it makes a huge difference on the court. Big guys need reps in the game more than any other position IMO. They are big and physical and need to learn how to play and use their size/physicality to their advantage without over doing it.

i was just told announcement is at 3:30ET, not 4:00, and I will be there to cover it. Give my Twitter a follow for the news. @IommiCuseFan

Hope to interview Bourama and/ or his head coach, Mark Taylor, after the announcement.

i was just told announcement is at 3:30ET, not 4:00, and I will be there to cover it. Give my Twitter a follow for the news. @IommiCuseFan

Hope to interview Bourama and/ or his head coach, Mark Taylor, after the announcement.

Nice! Keep us posted!

How about Gorgui Dieng as a comparison? 6'10, athletic, not completely raw on offense. Dieng had a great career at UL and was a huge part of that title run.