Bourma 50/50 | Syracusefan.com

Bourma 50/50

Based on this article I think they rest him for a few weeks. With his weight,age and our lack of depth in the end we will have him if he is healing.

I don't think he will red shirt. I think they rest him as long as they can and know if it doesn't get better they can medical him for the year.

3 Mistakes That Ruin Your Patellar Tendonitis Recovery Time

I don't think he's eligible for a medical redshirt this year. He played in the St. Bona game, which was game 12 of the year and past the 30 or 33% threshold, no? Of course, he could sit next year.

Based on this article I think they rest him for a few weeks. With his weight,age and our lack of depth in the end we will have him if he is healing.

I don't think he will red shirt. I think they rest him as long as they can and know if it doesn't get better they can medical him for the year.

3 Mistakes That Ruin Your Patellar Tendonitis Recovery Time
Forward this to coach Griff. Im not a big fan of our medical staff and they need to read this. My sense is that by going "old school" if they have which seems fairly obvious based on his yo yo playing time is already lost for the season. The fact that JB would even mention seeing how he feels on Friday less then a few weeks from his last game points to the staff not being on top of this.

So theoretically someone could sit out the first 3-4 months, play in March and still redshirt.

No. Cannot do that. To play again would take Sidibe over the 30% threshold and, in addition, the injury must occur in the first half of a team's schedule. To play in March would "violate" this provision and his inintial year of eligibility would be "spent."

Fortunately, they can rest and then test him in practice setting. They'll make the right decision. But from a pure output scenario, it makes sense to shelve him until 2018-19.

Sidibe was so good against Maryland. This is a bummer.

Forward this to coach Griff. Im not a big fan of our medical staff and they need to read this. My sense is that by going "old school" if they have which seems fairly obvious based on his yo yo playing time is already lost for the season. The fact that JB would even mention seeing how he feels on Friday less then a few weeks from his last game points to the staff not being on top of this.

Are you serious? Send this to the coaching staff...lol. Yeah...ok! This is pure gold.

This gets posted at least 4-5 times a year on the football side:

12.8.4 Hardship Waiver.

A student-athlete may be granted an additional year of competition by the conference or the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement for reasons of “hardship.” Hardship is defined as an incapacity resulting from an injury or illness that has occurred under all of the following conditions:

(a) The incapacitating injury or illness occurs in one of the four seasons of intercollegiate competition at any two-year
or four-year collegiate institutions or occurs after the first day of classes in the student-athlete’s senior year in high school;

(b) The injury or illness occurs prior to the first competition of the second half of the playing season that concludes
with the NCAA championship in that sport (see Bylaw 12.8.4.3.4) and results in incapacity to compete for the remainder of that playing season;

(c) In team sports, the injury or illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than three contests or dates of competition (whichever is applicable to that sport) or 30 percent (whichever number is greater) of the institution’s scheduled or completed contests or dates of competition in his or her sport. [30 percent gets rounded up to 10 games.]

We need Bourama to have a miracle recovery in the next week or two. I think depth at center is key to us going 9-9 or 10-8 in the ACC and making the NCAA tourney. His presence also allows Marek to focus on being our main forward sub. We can survive with only .5 of a sub at guard (Howard Washington). But we desperately need the depth at center.

it could easily be that he feels better and better and plays 2-3 games and then a slight tweak and he is right back to square one. but if that means 1-2 wins then its worth it.

I say truth or dare. Even if he can only play 5 minutes a game, it will give Chukwu a breather. Even if he fouls out in 5 minutes, it would be a contribution. I can't recall too many player who made a significant leap in their fifth year.
CDB could be a secret weapon come tourney time.

Last edited:
I don't think it's critical for him to redshirt. If he fully recovers and becomes a good player, we'll probably lose him to the pros before he plays here 4 years anyway. Why hold him back if he could help us later this year?

I don't think it's critical for him to redshirt. If he fully recovers and becomes a good player, we'll probably lose him to the pros before he plays here 4 years anyway. Why hold him back if he could help us later this year?
Sometimes, it should not be about helping "us," as in the program. Perhaps, in some scenarios, JAB might consider doing what is best for the player and his future career?

Maybe, for Sidibe, 4+ seasons of play at SU is better than 3+ seasons. Big men develop slower, etc.

I saw that black brace under his knee during the game. I wore something very similar when I had tendinitis in my elbow and it worked really well. I had to wear it for 2-3 weeks and the elbow was fine. Hopefully it works as well for Sidibe.

If he redshirts, he'll have eligibility for 2021-22.

I gotta think if his knees are that bad, we'll have recruited over him by then.
Yep. I think you gotta keep him eligible this year - even if he doesn't play until February. This team is trending towards being an NCAA tournament team, and we will need all hands on deck.

If this team struggled massively out of conference and was like 8-5 at this point, I'd probably use the red shirt.

Sometimes, it should not be about helping "us," as in the program. Perhaps, in some scenarios, JAB might consider doing what is best for the player and his future career?

Maybe, for Sidibe, 4+ seasons of play at SU is better than 3+ seasons. Big men develop slower, etc.
Well, if we’re gonna be all mature about it and stuff... jeez

Really a bummer he's had this injury. Ive liked what I've seen from him this year, compared to what I was expecting.

Would be great if he could get back out there for center depth.

Also really hope we see some development from Washington. I think it's important to have at least 8 capable bodies, including 3 guards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom