Bourma 50/50 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bourma 50/50

I don’t have one! That’s why I posted it didn’t make sense.
Do you think there might be a possibility he's looked reasonably good in practice this week?
Do you think there might be a possibility Bourama himself was adamantly against a RS (it is ultimately up to the player, after all)?
Do you think there might be a possibility JB, based on medical advice and how it has been progressing, is confident Bourama will eventually be able to provide real minutes?

Do you think there might be a possibility he's looked reasonably good in practice this week?
Do you think there might be a possibility Bourama himself was adamantly against a RS (it is ultimately up to the player, after all)?
Do you think there might be a possibility JB, based on medical advice and how it has been progressing, is confident Bourama will eventually be able to provide real minutes?

No fair. You watched the last 45 seconds of JB's presser where he talked about Sidibe.

Facts have no place here. ;)

1) this most possible. But if he can’t move well enough in a game that it’s evident in 2 minutes, it’s unlikely that he was logging full good practices and moving well.
2) Yes, the RS is his choice, but last I knew JAB doles out the minutes. Players don’t dictate their playing time to him. I’m sure Howard Washington wants to play more minutes. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s not ready.
3) if evidence points to “eventually,” why play a few pointless minutes now? Give him sufficient time to heal and then when he’s ready to go hard, then bring him in.

1) this most possible. But if he can’t move well enough in a game that it’s evident in 2 minutes, it’s unlikely that he was logging full good practices and moving well.
2) Yes, the RS is his choice, but last I knew JAB doles out the minutes. Players don’t dictate their playing time to him. I’m sure Howard Washington wants to play more minutes. Doesn’t change the fact that he’s not ready.
3) if evidence points to “eventually,” why play a few pointless minutes now? Give him sufficient time to heal and then when he’s ready to go hard, then bring him in.
Good guesses. Also good unwillingness to give JB/staff benefit of the doubt

love how people react to this and (yet again) clamoring that the staff (including medical) is clueless
I not a fan of our medical staff. Actually not a fan of any hospital in Syracuse. Junior league at best.

I have no idea but Sids performance tonight doesnt bode well for him being healed.

I guess we are not red shirting Sidibe now? He logged like 2 minutes last night then sat the rest of the game. No chance to sit him now hope he can contribute or it'll be a wasted year for him...

“He’s healthy enough and he wants to play.”

Good enough for me. I look forward to the return of Bourama playing like he did earlier this season. He will be needed. I’m glad the Marek at center experiment is now over.

Gotta believe the staffs - both medical and coaching - believe his tendonitis is treatable.

I guess we are not red shirting Sidibe now? He logged like 2 minutes last night then sat the rest of the game. No chance to sit him now hope he can contribute or it'll be a wasted year for him...
Morning paper says that Sidibe felt he was ready to go after pre game warm ups. Also quoted JB as saying that Sidibe doesn't want to redshirt and that he would never force a player to do so.

“He’s healthy enough and he wants to play.”

Good enough for me. I look forward to the return of Bourama playing like he did earlier this season. He will be needed. I’m glad the Marek at center experiment is now over.
Unfortunately its not.

Not going to speculate on the ability of the medical staff. Guess the main issue is whether or not playing worsens his condition. Assuming it doesn't, it makes sense to keep him active. Probably he will only play a few minutes in most games. However, we are too thin, and there will be a handful of games where there is too much follow trouble. Yes, we could have a game where both Chukwu/Marek are in serious foul trouble. Chukwu is really not a guy who should be playing 30+ minutes, but it will still happen. I got super worried when Sidibe was first injured because of depth issues. This is coming to fruition now, and hopefully won't cost us too many games

Sure we will recruit over him too, and that is fine. Can't ever have too many big guys! Too many can get injured, foul trouble or leave the team. And it is one position where Boeheim actually will split the playing time evenly.

I have no problem getting what we can out of Sidibe this season as long he's not making it worse. Looking 4-5 years down the road is rather pointless, especially with our program and other programs at our level. You never know who will be on the roster year to year. By that point, he will be either recruited over or have left to go pro if he realizes his potential. And I'm not going to panic about him only playing a few minutes. It was his first game back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom