Bourma 50/50 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bourma 50/50

Let me ask this: if there is a difference between the player's interest and the program's interest, which do you think will win out?

Let me ask this: if there is a difference between the player's interest and the program's interest, which do you think will win out?

Program 100% of the time.

It does not have to be one or the other, does it? And it's not like Sidibe playing for SU during the 2021-22 would hurt the program. That will be JAB's last season more than likely, as it will double as Buddy's final season of eligibility. Shouldn't that season have some level of priority too. Let's not get too caught up in the "here and now."

I am not saying Sidibe has to, or even should, red-shirt this year. I (obviously) don't know what is happening behind the scenes. What is the reality now, and in the future, for the player?

I am just saying that I don't love the mentality that the program's best interest is the one that will reign supreme.

The discussion about the program doing what’s better for the player is moot.

The player always wants to play and play now. I still believe this squad can make a run this season and I’m sure every player on the team is thinking that way too. Sidibe ain’t gonna want to be sitting on that sideline a month and a half, 2 months from now when his boys are playing big league games and then hunting titles. Rehab it for a month or 2 and get back out there.

Besides, in this current climate of player evaluation if he’s in Orange in ‘21-22 then you’d have to think his pro prospects are pretty shot.

The discussion about the program doing what’s better for the player is moot.

The player always wants to play and play now. I still believe this squad can make a run this season and I’m sure every player on the team is thinking that way too. Sidibe ain’t gonna want to be sitting on that sideline a month and a half, 2 months from now when his boys are playing big league games and then hunting titles. Rehab it for a month or 2 and get back out there.

Besides, in this current climate of player evaluation if he’s in Orange in ‘21-22 then you’d have to think his pro prospects are pretty shot.
You have to grab the MR if you can. Never know when a players career goes the way of DC2 or others like that.

You have to grab the MR if you can. Never know when a players career goes the way of DC2 or others like that.

I just don't see the advantage for Sidibe, basketball wise, if he takes a MR. Free year of grad school would be great, if he has aspirations outside of hoops. There is no advantage for the program, because let's be honest - if he has a chronic knee - the staff is going to recruit over him.

I just don't see the advantage for Sidibe, basketball wise, if he takes a MR. Free year of grad school would be great, if he has aspirations outside of hoops. There is no advantage for the program, because let's be honest - if he has a chronic knee - the staff is going to recruit over him.
Totally disagree. When he was healthy he was a beast on defense and showed some offensive ability.

Totally disagree. When he was healthy he was a beast on defense and showed some offensive ability.

I never said anything about his playing ability in my post.

I agree with you. He is a nice player w significant ability.

Officially checked in a played a couple of blank minutes. Hope they made the right decision here.

Plays a few mins... you wonder if that was planned or did he not feel good once he got out there or did he tweak it.

Hoping it was just some type of test run

Plays a few mins... you wonder if that was planned or did he not feel good once he got out there or did he tweak it.

Hoping it was just some type of test run
Shouldn’t have done it unless he was 100%. They don’t need to apply for a RS immediately AFAIK. He could have sat a month and then come back to play if he was ready or stay out and then get the RS. But him playing tonight killed any chance of one.

love how people react to this and (yet again) clamoring that the staff (including medical) is clueless

Don't know why they played Sidibe. Looked like he wasn't moving well. Tendinitis doesn't resolve in a week or two, it requires a lot more time. Wonder if it would be better to just give him 4 weeks and try to get him back in February.

Because Bourama playing 2 pointless minutes to instantly burn a chance at a RS and then getting pulled makes total sense.
love how people react to this and (yet again) clamoring that the staff (including medical) is clueless

Because Bourama playing 2 pointless minutes to instantly burn a chance at a RS and then getting pulled makes total sense.
because you know all of what is going on w him

because you know all of what is going on w him
I know that they burned his RS tonight for two minutes of meaningless play.

How does it help him? I’m all ears (eyes).

JB said Sidibe did not want to RS. Wants to try to play. Fine. But maybe the guy should sit out 4-5 weeks and just do physical therapy and try to get him back in February. Playing him every few days for 2 minutes is a waste.

who cares, he is a nice piece but not a program changing kid. if he plays a bit this year when we desperately need warm bodies and then gets healthy for 3 more good years so be it. this isn't like football where have program kids helps dramatically, in basketball you can recruit over a kid in any given year. I just don't think the medical redshirt thing matters all that much.

I know that they burned his RS tonight for two minutes of meaningless play.

How does it help him? I’m all ears (eyes).
yep they burned his RS to play 2 minutes tonight. that's all there is to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom