Bowl attendance, realignment, pinstripe and the B1G | Syracusefan.com

Bowl attendance, realignment, pinstripe and the B1G

44PRIDE

All Conference
There is a really interesting article on CNNSI regarding the attendance (or lack therof) during this past bowl season. It give some idea as to what the "powers that be" are planning to do to correct the issue. Of particular interest is this...

"The Big Ten is widely expected to strike a deal with New York's Pinstripe Bowl and to add at least one game in California."

The B1G is seriously targeting NYC. I wonder if the ACC is angling for this to become a B1G/ACC series. Hopefully Swofford isn't sleeping on this...

The ACC should work to get the Pinstripe, and get the SEC as the opponent. Let's see if those good 'ole boys will come north for a bowl game.

The ACC should work to get the Pinstripe, and get the SEC as the opponent. Let's see if those good 'ole boys will come north for a bowl game.

It should be B1G vs ACC...kind of a no brainer...but I like your thinking.

There is a really interesting article on CNNSI regarding the attendance (or lack therof) during this past bowl season. It give some idea as to what the "powers that be" are planning to do to correct the issue. Of particular interest is this...

"The Big Ten is widely expected to strike a deal with New York's Pinstripe Bowl and to add at least one game in California."

The B1G is seriously targeting NYC. I wonder if the ACC is angling for this to become a B1G/ACC series. Hopefully Swofford isn't sleeping on this...
I think there is little doubt the the Pinstripe wants access to SU and Rutgers. The Pinstripe director himself said they want one of these teams in the bowl at least every other year or so. I think that the odds are very good that this becomes an ACC vs. B1G bowl. The BE is gone and the Pinstripe needs an eastern conference, (i.e. ACC).