Bowl eligible teams who didn't make a bowl

MSOrange

2020 Cali Award Winner, Regular Season Record
In case anyone is interested:

Wyoming 6-6
Southern Miss (6-5)
Miami of Ohio (6-6)
Louisiana-Monroe (6-6).

proving again if you are in a P5 conference and get to 6 wins you are a LOCK to go to a bowl.

Suprised Wyoming got skipped. What happens with these teams now... Is their season done or are they allowed to scrimmage each other because technically they did earn extra practices and a game.

Suprised Wyoming got skipped. What happens with these teams now... Is their season done or are they allowed to scrimmage each other because technically they did earn extra practices and a game.

You don't earn extra practices by being bowl eligible, you earn it by being selected for a bowl (or per the rules, your season continues). They get nothing.

Season is done. No extra practices. The MWC had the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego but hasn't replaced that with another bowl once that ceased operations. The Wyoming AD was less than happy. But Wyoming picked the wrong guy to replace Josh Allen to start the reason and lost a couple games they could've won.

That's an interesting question- can they create a bowl game against each other to get those extra practices? I think if UCF can declare itself national champion and Duke basketball can declare there players eligible on their own then these teams should be allowed to make their own bowls.

Season is done. No extra practices. The MWC had the Poinsettia Bowl in San Diego but hasn't replaced that with another bowl once that ceased operations. The Wyoming AD was less than happy. But Wyoming picked the wrong guy to replace Josh Allen to start the reason and lost a couple games they could've won.
I feel like a 6-6 team really needs to just chill out. Not exactly a banner year just because you were "eligible". thats exactly who should be left out if the situation warrants

I feel like a 6-6 team really needs to just chill out. Not exactly a banner year just because you were "eligible". thats exactly who should be left out if the situation warrants

Pretty much agree but my mom grew up in and graduated from Wyoming. So they are one of my "secondary" teams that I cheer for and it would have been nice to seem them extend their bowl streak to 3. But they had their chances as I mentioned.

Wyoming fans will have to go south to Utah for their non-bowl break. Hard to get a drink.

You don't earn extra practices by being bowl eligible, you earn it by being selected for a bowl (or per the rules, your season continues). They get nothing.

CaddyShack.jpg

Bowls were more fun when they were special.

I think a big reason why they weren't invited was because SU fans didn't want to travel to a bowl when SU was a 6 or 7 win team. It's a lot different now I think especially because of the lack of success in "recent" years.

I think a big reason why they weren't invited was because SU fans didn't want to travel to a bowl when SU was a 6 or 7 win team. It's a lot different now I think especially because of the lack of success in "recent" years.
Honestly, this game is huge for that reason. We traveled well to the Pinstripe, but what does that mean? We didn’t travel to Houston, but we were something like 6-6 and playing something around a 6-6 Minn team. What does that mean?

We now have a 9-3 team, we’re playing a relevant school (to us), we’re playing a quality opponent, and we’re playing in Florida.

Not showing up = we don’t travel
Showing up = more big bowls in our future when we’re eligible, and MUCH less drama.

This site should start a collection to buy tickets for a local children’s charity. We (someone) did that for the Texas Bowl, and I think it improved the lives of a bunch of kids and made SU *(very) slightly* more attractive to bowls.

I like helping kids, and I think it would be a neat tradition. Worst case scenario, it makes kids’ lives betters, and best case scenario, it make kids’ lives better while creating more future SU fans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom