Bowl game really hurt our final ranking | Syracusefan.com

Bowl game really hurt our final ranking

Millhouse

Living Legend
Getting crushed by a bad team (usf is 98th sent our SRS from 75 to 87).

Bowl games are so silly now. No easy way to omit worthless bowls when looking at how well teams did. I didn't watch a play, didn't look at highlights, is like the game didn't happen. I hope they enjoyed nice weather

Florida State dropped from 6th to 10th

Reactions: CIL
Bowl games are awesome and nearly all have been great to watch this year.

We let the country down with that garbage performance. And yes everyone saw it wasn’t exactly on the CW.

Can’t really get on the team bc they slugged out 2 ACC wins with no QB but this talk that they don’t matter is nonsense. Opt outs and portals just give you a look at guys for next year.

Florida states pantsing probably took away attention from us. Everyone hates them and was happy and UGA is hardly likable I don’t think any casual wants to see the ACC eliminated even SEC homers don’t.

I Dont Care Whatever GIF

we are back baby. that bowl game was worth wayyyyyy less than the 2009 loss to lemoyne when we were a top 2 team in the country.

We let the country down with that garbage performance. And yes everyone saw it wasn’t exactly on the CW.

Can’t really get on the team bc they slugged out 2 ACC wins with no QB but this talk that they don’t matter is nonsense. Opt outs and portals just give you a look at guys for next year.

Florida states pantsing probably took away attention from us. Everyone hates them and was happy and UGA is hardly likable I don’t think any casual wants to see the ACC eliminated even SEC homers don’t.
There was zero attention to us. That is why we changed coaches.

It was a horrific performance, I am just going to forget it and move on. There are too many positive developments going on within the football team to think about the events of a game that, in my opinion, was not the major focus of both the new, and old, football leadership teams.

Which country did we let down exactly?

Which country did we let down exactly?

Why, it's The People's Republic of FRANKIEFANistan, of course! :p

Literally nobody cares about the result of that game.
It was a suitable and fitting end to the Dino era.
/ armpit fart noises.

At least we GOT to 2 straight bowl games.
That's something for Fran and crew to build upon.

#FRANchise.

Honestly, and I mean this with all due respect, who cares?
Shrug. Thought it was interesting that we dropped twelve spots. Slightly amused that our strength of schedule got hurt by playing in a bowl.

The bowls that GTech, Duke, VTech, and BC played in this year mattered. Those teams in those games looked motivated, disciplined, and well coached.

The bowls that GTech, Duke, VTech, and BC played in this year mattered. Those teams in those games looked motivated, disciplined, and well coached.

We fired our coach and a bunch of our players were checked out. It mattered to a number of our players, but not enough of them and the gameplan from Nunz was predictable and easily squashed by USF's run defense.

We had no legitimate QB. It wasn't a good situation for a bowl and we got boatraced.

I was expecting a loss to be honest.

I was really hoping it would have been more competitive though and hated losing to USF (in particular) because their coach seemed like such a doucher.

Last edited:
We fired our coach and a bunch of our players were checked out. It mattered to a number of our players, but not enough of them and the gameplan from Nunz was predictable and easily squashed by USF's run defense.

We had no legitimate QB. It wasn't a good situation for a bowl and we got boatraced.
We did get whipped, the results don’t matter, better days are coming with Fran’s recruiting. That all said, many of the players who are returning looked bad against S Florida. Over matched. No way to hide that, QB issues aside (which does not explain specials & defense)
We need a large infusion of new talent, S&C. Fran has done great work - has much more to do as spots allow.

Florida State got demolished in a major bowl that had a lot of eyes on it, especially since they were clamoring for a playoff invite.

We got demolished in a bowl game largely that no one outside of a portion of our fanbase and the team cared about.

Perspective. I highly doubt we let the country down lol.

Only Georgia-FSU "beat" us in these rankings so we've got that going for us.

Articles like that are the most attention that will get paid. In general, we'll just be lumped in with all of the other teams that were flat due to missing players, coaches, etc.

The W-L record and final ranking will live on. Shame that we dropped but it will allow that sandbagging SOBHCFB to show improvement from an even lower starting point.

SOBHCFB (?)
Son of B*%&^c Head Coach Fran Brown?
Articles like that are the most attention that will get paid. In general, we'll just be lumped in with all of the other teams that were flat due to missing players, coaches, etc.

The W-L record and final ranking will live on. Shame that we dropped but it will allow that sandbagging SOBHCFB to show improvement from an even lower starting point.

Soon our Better Head Coach Fran Brown?
Help a brother out with the acronymns :)