Bowl Situation | Syracusefan.com

Bowl Situation

B

Bernie Heckerman

We still have a shot at the #2 spot and the Russell. We need help from USF vs Cincy and UCONN against L'ville. If by some chance Cincy and L'ville can lose, we get the #2 spot.

As it stands we will have at worst, 1 win seperating us from 2nd which means the Citrus (Russell) can select us ... word on the street is they like us.

I think it'll help us though for Rutty to take the BCS ... because if they win tomorrow and lose next week I'd find it hard for the Citrus not to choose them.

I want RU to lose. Period. We're going bowling regardless. Don't want them to sniff the BCS.

We still have a shot at the #2 spot and the Russell. We need help from USF vs Cincy and UCONN against L'ville. If by some chance Cincy and L'ville can lose, we get the #2 spot.

Apart from the BCS, I don't think the bowls are "forced" to take BE teams in the order they finish in the league. Russell has it's choice of what team it wants from the BE, after the BCS bowl team is determined.

I want RU to lose. Period. We're going bowling regardless. Don't want them to sniff the BCS.

I'd rather the scenario that gets SU get the best bowl possible.

But hopefully they overlook Pitt tomorrow ... If we ever needed Pitt to come up big, this is their chance. They are still fighting for a bowl themselves so they'll be playing hard at home. Go Pitt!

I will go to the bowl wherever it is but I would sure love to drive to the Belk. If it is the Pinstripe my wife will beak the bank shopping.

With SU's win today they finish BE play at 5-2. All non BCS bowls are in play for SU, As long as there is only one conference loss separating teams, the non BCS bowls can pick anyone they want. The only non BCS team that will finish ahead of SU is Rutgers at 6-1 if they lose to L'ville. Since SU would be within one win the Russell could take SU even if they aren't 2nd in the standings.

Apart from the BCS, I don't think the bowls are "forced" to take BE teams in the order they finish in the league. Russell has it's choice of what team it wants from the BE, after the BCS bowl team is determined.

Their only restriction is the one win rule. They couldn't take a 4-3 Big East team over a 6-1 Big East team.

Mostly agree. But I hope they do get close enough to sniff it...and then blow it. Let's see what RutgersAl does when that happens.

I'd rather the scenario that gets SU get the best bowl possible.

But hopefully they overlook Pitt tomorrow ... If we ever needed Pitt to come up big, this is their chance. They are still fighting for a bowl themselves so they'll be playing hard at home. Go Pitt!

ACC! ACC! ACC!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom