Bowl What If's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl What If's

Not too worried about getting a crappy bowl and our players mentally (or physically) checking out, since there's a good chance our crappy opponent will be in the same boat. Just let whovever shows play ball and hope it's a good game.

If we win, I'd guess Birmingham. BC to Fenway, VT to Military, GT to Gaspy, Puke or Miami to Yankees.

I think ACC also has tie to ServPro in Dallas on Dec. 27.

Not too worried about getting a crappy bowl and our players mentally (or physically) checking out, since there's a good chance our crappy opponent will be in the same boat. Just let whovever shows play ball and hope it's a good game.
Birmingham would likely be Sun Belt = Troy, Coastal Car or Appy State. None are crappy and would give this team w/out a QB a game.

The Gasparilla will be played on Friday, December 22nd.

The Birmingham Bowl will be played on Saturday, December 23rd.

17th Birmingham Bowl: 11:00 AM CT​

Hmmm... leave here at 6:00ET, get there at 8:00CT - in time for a tailgate.
Leave at 4:00CT and get home at 8:00ET.

Something tells me that I'd be traveling alone, but it could happen.

----

FAN FEST TAILGATE AT UPTOWN: OPENS 3 HOURS PRIOR TO KICKOFF​

FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

The Bud Light Fan Fest Tailgate opens in Uptown Birmingham three hours prior to kick-off on game day. It is the official pre-game tailgate area for the Bowl featuring live music, interactive games, a Kids Zone, and corporate displays with food and beverages available for all ages.

The Bud Light Fan Fest Tailgate is free and open to the public!

---

MUSIC STAGE: 8:30-11 AM CT​

MUSIC STARTS 3 HOURS PRIOR TO KICKOFF
Live Music: Man’s Best Friend

If Wake is 5-7, that means we are 5-7. We won't both get in.
You're right. I must of expected them to beat ND. Cuz they loved Hartman more than the Irish.

Poorly worded on my part.

Fenway could be in play if we hire Chesney and the holy cross fans come out as well to see him sitting in the press box watching Nunzio

We would sell very well in Boston. BC makes more sense for the pinstripe
I live in Boston and I’m not going

He can, assuming he is available and wants to.

John Wildhack offered Coach Babers the opportunity to coach the Wake game AND a possible bowl game.

That tells me he is thinking the new coach is not going to coach the bowl game.

It would be asking a lot of a coach to bring him in out of the blue, not knowing any players, probably not familiar with the schemes Syracuse is using, maybe not even knowing any of the assistants, and ask them to coach.

I think it would be better to have the new hire focus on lining up a new staff, work on evaluating and hopefully solidifying existing recruits, adding some additional ones and perhaps most importantly, work on retaining our players and adding some more from the portal.
If the new coach is available, wouldn't we want him in the extra practices to get a feel for the squad? And if he's in the practices, why not coach? The coordinators would still call the plays.

If the new coach is available, wouldn't we want him in the extra practices to get a feel for the squad? And if he's in the practices, why not coach? The coordinators would still call the plays.
I think that might be okay to some extent. But this is the new world of college football.

Someone needs to be focused on player retention, player acquisition, ensuring we get a really good recruiting class, minimize losses to the portal (remember with a coaching change, everyone can transfer immediately), identifty needs and address them in the portal and by adding additional recruits.

The focus should be on the future. The bowl game, assuming we win Saturday, now more than ever. Is a glorified exhibition. Expect a lot of our best players to skip it.

Agree with those saying candidates available now or by Saturday night have a big advantage over coaches who have commitments for the rest of the NFL season, and possibly the playoffs, or coaches with college teams going to bowl games.

We need the new coach helping to rebuild the program ASAP. Besides getting the roster in good shape, he needs to put together a good staff ASAP. The next few weeks going into the start of the spring semester are huge for the future of the program.

For what it’s worth, this past week we were forecasted by 10 out of 11 experts to bowl the breakdown was…
4 Birmingham
2 Gasparilla
2 Armed Forces
1 Independence
1 Fenway
0 Military

A sobering look at our bowl outlook.

If Cuse beats WF on Saturday here are the bowls I think we are in contention for:

(Best Case) Military Bowl: Kind of a long shot. No head coach but the only thing in Cuse's favor is we would probably travel better than some other candidates (BC and Duke). I think VTech or GTech are good choices here.

Fenway Bowl: similar reasons above but I think BC or Duke gets selected.

I think we fall to a secondary bowl pool this year and will be a last ACC pick unless a 5-7 WF sneaks in due to APR.

The ACC has two agreements with the Birmingham and Gasparilla Bowls. The Birmingham Bowl pays a little more but I think SU convinces the ACC that going to Tampa will yield much more ticket sales.

I think we could officially sell 2-3000 tix to Gasparilla vs 500 to Birmingham. We had 20000 plus at Orlando back in 2018 but apathy has set in. However I think Cuse officially only sold about 10000.

If we get the Gasparilla I think Cuse could draw 5000 fans in the stands as many local Cuse fans can find cheaper tix options. If the other team isn't like USF or UCF or a fellow P4 team who travels well this game could be pretty empty.

If we get Birmingham I can't imagine more than 750-1000 fans in Orange. Of the possible ACC candidates Georgia Tech is by far the best choice.

Sometimes conferences and bowls do some swaps. We could possibly end up somewhere random too.
Gasparilla all the way! Definitely down for tailgate if we go there. ~50min drive

ACC bowl tie ins this year

Bowl GameGame DateGame Time (ET)NetworkMatchup
Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla BowlFri., Dec. 22, 20236:30 p.m.ESPNTBD
TicketSmarter Birmingham BowlSat., Dec. 23, 2023NoonABCTBD
GoBowling.com Military BowlWed., Dec. 27, 20232:00 p.m.ESPNTBD
Duke's Mayo BowlWed., Dec. 27, 20235:30 p.m.ESPNTBD
DirecTV Holiday BowlWed., Dec. 27, 20238:00 p.m.FOXTBD
Wasabi Fenway Bowl Thurs., Dec. 28, 202311:00 a.m.ESPNTBD
Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe BowlThurs., Dec. 28, 20232:15 p.m.ESPNTBD
Pop-Tarts BowlThurs., Dec. 28, 20235:45 p.m.ESPNTBD
TaxSlayer Gator BowlFri., Dec. 29, 2023NoonESPNTBD
Tony the Tiger Sun BowlFri., Dec. 29, 20232:00 p.m.CBSTBD
Capital One Orange BowlSat., Dec. 30, 20234:00 p.m.ESPNTBD
ReliaQuest BowlMon., Jan. 1, 2024Noon ESPN2TBD

I am rooting for Gasparilla, Fenway, or Military. I will likely go to those games.

I am not going to Birmingham or Dallas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom