Bowl What If's | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Bowl What If's

I'm going to wager my guess (for now) with the Armed Forces Bowl.

Not ideal at ALL but in the end, I suspect JW will be down to it or Birmingham (I just don't see Fenway choosing us over BC) and will decide that the easier travel to Dallas (there are at least a few direct flights) , the University's committment to veterans, and connection to an incoming ACC rival at least offers...something?

Not ideal at ALL but in the end, I suspect JW will be down to it or Birmingham (I just don't see Fenway choosing us over BC) and will decide that the easier travel to Dallas (there are at least a few direct flights) , the University's committment to veterans, and connection to an incoming ACC rival at least offers...something?
Serious question…does this bowl have anything to do with the ACC? From what I can tell it doesn’t and most do not an ACC team projected here. However I’ve seen 2 media outlets project Syracuse here, one being from ESPN and their projections are usually pretty good.

It will be interesting to see if the hiring of a new coach will keep players on the team and participatory in a bowl. I could be down with a bowl depending on which one it is and players are playing.

Aren’t the bowls announced rather quickly after the last game? Shouldn’t we know today?

BC isn’t playing in that bowl they have played games at Fenway and sell no hotel rooms or anything.

Most ACC fanbases are pretty attractive to them with easy flights to Boston they’d love Duke or GT or VT so I doubt they fight to get us either.

Very weird to see people on here put it down as a 6-6 landing spot since the game day experience when we play BC sucks so much donkey dick and for this you’d actually get to enjoy the city. Not to mention it has amazing sight lines teams just have to share a sideline.

Serious question…does this bowl have anything to do with the ACC? From what I can tell it doesn’t and most do not an ACC team projected here. However I’ve seen 2 media outlets project Syracuse here, one being from ESPN and their projections are usually pretty good.
The Armed Forces Bowl has affiliations with Big 12, AAC, C-USA and Pac 12. No affiliation with the ACC. They do try to pick a military academy if one is available. Air Force Academy is a popular pick for them.

Some of where we go depends on FSU and Notre Dame. If FSU goes to the playoff, it bumps everyone else in ACC up one. If ND goes to Reliaquest, it bumps every ACC team up one. If FSU loses next week and ND goes to Pop Tarts, all three ACC secondary bowl slots will be needed.

The Armed Forces Bowl has affiliations with Big 12, AAC, C-USA and Pac 12. No affiliation with the ACC. They do try to pick a military academy if one is available. Air Force Academy is a popular pick for them.
This year it is AAC vs CUSA. The ACC will likely have 1 or 2 free agents. The ACC likely will fill Birmingham and Gasparilla first but sometimes horse trading occurs to get more compelling matchups.

After 2018...SU probably realized Central Florida is a hot spot of snowbirds, transplants and vacationers from upstate.
Tampa would be the only non drivable venue I would likely be able to make so rooting for it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom