Bowman's last shot, disrespectful? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bowman's last shot, disrespectful?

Eh, he's getting into "chasing a scoring title" territory.

I was thinking during the telecast about how many undersized guards BC has had over the years that were just incredible scoring machines. John Bagley, Michael Adams, Dana Barros, Troy Bell, and now Bowman. He's got a lot of competition just at BC to beat out.

I have a much bigger problem with Chatman who was trying to instigate sh#t in both games. At least Bowman has the game to back up any dickishness on his part.
That guy just rubs me the wrong way thinks he's better than he is.

I have a much bigger problem with Chatman who was trying to instigate sh#t in both games. At least Bowman has the game to back up any dickishness on his part.

Chatman looked like Lance Cpl. Dawson from A Few Good Men. Much older, though

It's the same thing as baseball, if you're down 9 in the 8th and ahead and steal second it's a bush league move, if you're down and stealing it's more of a who gives a hoot.

This was bush but on our end and honestly, I loved it, our toughest game to that point that year and it was awesome to put an explanation point on it and felt like we were exuding confidence from beginning to end. My favorite Fab Melo play.

That guy just rubs me the wrong way thinks he's better than he is.

He's usually the best player on the court any time he plays basketball. If he was Frank Howard's size he's probably signing a second NBA contract right now.

It's the same thing as baseball, if you're down 9 in the 8th and ahead and steal second it's a bush league move, if you're down and stealing it's more of a who gives a hoot.

This was bush but on our end and honestly, I loved it, our toughest game to that point that year and it was awesome to put an explanation point on it and felt like we were exuding confidence from beginning to end. My favorite Fab Melo play.

Southerland had an even chippier one that year at the Garden that had St. John's bench mad.

Me, I loved it.

Our job is to score points. Yours is to stop us from doing so. Do better.

They were still pressing. That is not close to the same. Love that play; the shot by BC at the end meh who cares.

They were still pressing. That is not close to the same. Love that play; the shot by BC at the end meh who cares.

Yup. If they want us to dribble out the clock, then calm down and back off and we’ll dribble out the clock.

If you want to full court press with 6 seconds left, down 11, then you better be ok with us dunking it.

I was thinking during the telecast about how many undersized guards BC has had over the years that were just incredible scoring machines. John Bagley, Michael Adams, Dana Barros, Troy Bell, and now Bowman. He's got a lot of competition just at BC to beat out.

Yeah, it's pretty remarkable.

I think someone should bust a cap in his a$$ at the ACC tourney for said disrepect.

joking, obviously. I don't really think or hope that.

I have a bigger problem with Kevin Durant who won't throw up the desperation heave at the end of the quarter to not impact his FG %
heaves like that dont count as shots if the scorekeep is doing his job.. juts like lobs off back boards dont count as assists most of the time.

Yup. If they want us to dribble out the clock, then calm down and back off and we’ll dribble out the clock.

If you want to full court press with 6 seconds left, down 11, then you better be ok with us dunking it.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. It became a "respect" thing for me when Battle dribbled out the clock and took the turnover and sc violation. Out of respect for Syracuse doing that, BC should have inbounded, handed the ball to the ref, and called it a night. If Syracuse went for more points then I can totally see the viewpoint on here to the contrary where it was ok for BC to go for the desperation heave. Come on man, this is common sense.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It became a "respect" thing for me when Battle dribbled out the clock and took the turnover and sc violation. Out of respect for Syracuse doing that, BC should have inbounded, handed the ball to the ref, and called it a night. If Syracuse went for more points then I can totally see the viewpoint on here to the contrary where it was ok for BC to go for the desperation heave. Come on man, this is common sense.
Sure it was common sense but I was ok with it. It wasn't like he went in for a dunk. He heaved up a long shot. Bowman is a good player. Does a lot of good things on the court. We were lucky he was benched the first four minutes or so. I would take him on my team.

Sure it was common sense but I was ok with it. It wasn't like he went in for a dunk. He heaved up a long shot. Bowman is a good player. Does a lot of good things on the court. We were lucky he was benched the first four minutes or so. I would take him on my team.
Not my point. You are ok w what he did but I feel that it shows a complete lack of class both by their coach and Bowman. How good Bowman is has zero to do w it. Being respectful to your opponent happens to mean something to a lot of ppl. Whether or not it matters in the grand scheme of things is not my point.

Not my point. You are ok w what he did but I feel that it shows a complete lack of class both by their coach and Bowman. How good Bowman is has zero to do w it. Being respectful to your opponent happens to mean something to a lot of ppl. Whether or not it matters in the grand scheme of things is not my point.
I'm not disagreeing but I just didn't think it was that big an issue. Not like Schiano blowing up the victory formation which some people thought was acceptable but I thought was the most douchebaggery move you could make at the end of a game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom