Boynton vs Hurley, 6:30 pm tonight on FS1 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boynton vs Hurley, 6:30 pm tonight on FS1

Agreed. Pathetic that we have basically every advantage over them and they’re out recruiting us. No excuse for it.

While I hate it, doesn't this fact also give you hope? The notion that we can't be a top 15 program again is comical. UConn doesn't have the resources we have and they wont as long as the ACC exists. If we commit to winning, we'll be fine.

I’m gritting my teeth at the thought that UConn is gonna win another national championship. They are dominating teams right now. They’re #1 in KenPom with an elite offense and defense. Landing Donovan Clingan and already having Sanogo on the roster has taken them to a new level. Man, I so wish we had gotten that kid.

I’m gritting my teeth at the thought that UConn is gonna win another national championship. They are dominating teams right now. They’re #1 in KenPom with an elite offense and defense. Landing Donovan Clingan and already having Sanogo on the roster has taken them to a new level. Man, I so wish we had gotten that kid.

They have a pretty weak schedule, something like only one ranked team all year. Not sure they will be able to withstand the gauntlet.

But, most likely one seed in the East which could give them Albany/MSG. Andre Jackson comes home and the Nutmeggers will be invading the Empire State.

Yeah pretty depressing. Also funny in a sad sort of way. Wouldn’t be fun digging up posts 5 years ago here, that’s for sure. Crickets lately. I’m going to be rooting heavily for whoever they are playing in March like I do every game. That’s going be stressful.

Yeah pretty depressing. Also funny in a sad sort of way. Wouldn’t be fun digging up posts 5 years ago here, that’s for sure. Crickets lately. I’m going to be rooting heavily for whoever they are playing in March like I do every game. That’s going be stressful.
The night Yukon played Kentucky for the NC in 2014 is the same night my mom passed away. We got the phone call late at night right as Yukon clinched the game. Not that I needed anymore reasons to be depressed, but it's something that will always stick with me as I root against Yukon.

They have a pretty weak schedule, something like only one ranked team all year. Not sure they will be able to withstand the gauntlet.

But, most likely one seed in the East which could give them Albany/MSG. Andre Jackson comes home and the Nutmeggers will be invading the Empire State.
I’m not sure I agree with the weak schedule comment. Is it Gonzaga level tough? No but it’s around the top third of college basketball, 120 according to Kenpom. For comparison, Syracuse is at 300. I think schedule is actually tougher than that since they have played a few REALLY bad teams ranked in the low 300’s.

Going by the number of NET Q1 & Q2 games played so far, this is how they stack up against some other top teams.

UConn - 7
Houston - 6
Purdue - 5
Tennessee - 5
Kansas - 6

The only team in the top 20 or so I could find with more is Gonzaga at 8. Q1 & Q2 teams are the only ones that are worth playing and UConn has played more of them than just about anyone and crushed every one of them.

They're very good, deep, and seem to have good chemistry. I'm not sold on Hurley as a bench coach yet, but they may have enough to overcome him. let's see them in a tight game heading into the final minute and needing to make free-throws.
My nephew is becoming insufferable w/ his "we're winning it all' nonsense, but I guess he's allowed since they sucked for so long. Anyway, March madness is a different animal. We shall see.

I’m not sure I agree with the weak schedule comment. Is it Gonzaga level tough? No but it’s around the top third of college basketball, 120 according to Kenpom. For comparison, Syracuse is at 300. I think schedule is actually tougher than that since they have played a few REALLY bad teams ranked in the low 300’s.

Going by the number of NET Q1 & Q2 games played so far, this is how they stack up against some other top teams.

UConn - 7
Houston - 6
Purdue - 5
Tennessee - 5
Kansas - 6

The only team in the top 20 or so I could find with more is Gonzaga at 8. Q1 & Q2 teams are the only ones that are worth playing and UConn has played more of them than just about anyone and crushed every one of them.
Team Rankings has them with the #7 SOS

UConn usually plays a very legit out of conference schedule. If the rest of the Big East is down this year there’s not much they can do about that.
Btw I think Hurley has still never won an NCAA tournament game while there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom