Brace yourself mods | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Brace yourself mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not worried cuz you can't spell FLASH without Ash.
dKuckvs.gif
Hopefully he is not a flASH in the pan...

So that means he's automatically not a good coach. Gotcha. I'll be sure to tell Urban Meyer to revoke his national championship ring because you're unfamiliar with his name.

Nope. Never said he wasn't a good coach but our last 4 coaching hires weren't on anybody's list of coaches to hire.

There was a flight on flightaware from Tulsa that stopped in Syracuse. But it only laid over for an hour before heading to NJ.
Did "Lincoln Riley" appear on the manifest? I hope so, because Montgomery's team got run off the field by Oaklahoma, Memphis, Cinci and Navy. We did far better against FSU, Clemson and LSU with SS at the helm.

What about the Navy coach? They're scoring points this year.

Last edited:
Me thinks the OP prefacing this with "sheetstorm" subliminally made it a "sheetstorm". The reaction just simply doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Have you not been reading the message board over the last two months?

forget what i said, i trust coyle...he gave me this nice umbrella and said it was ok to jump with him and ash...

base-jumping.jpg

This is the best post I've read in days. I truly laughed hysterically on this one .

Have you not been reading the message board over the last two months?

are you talking about the irrationality of the board over the last 2 months? Funny if so. But still doesn't connect the dots how this could be a 10 page thread in a matter of minutes.

Or are you talking about the reaction to Chris Ash over the last 2 months? Because I never heard of the guy 2.5 days ago.

I feel like Lloyd Bridges if we hire Ash

I feel so bad for so many people at work who give me blank stares when I make Airplane references. I thought everyone had seen that movie!

oh no, I just took a break from work to check in. Is it Ash, really? Has it been confirmed by the insiders, I don't see is plastered on twitter yet.

I feel so bad for so many people at work who give me blank stares when I make Airplane references. I thought everyone had seen that movie!
Alltime classic movie. They wouldn't be able to make that movie with all non-PC jokes.

Great movie.

oh no, I just took a break from work to check in. Is it Ash, really? Has it been confirmed by the insiders, I don't see is plastered on twitter yet.
honestly im wondering the same thing, havnt seen anything official, given how the last few days have gone with all lease "sources" confirm different coaches im not holding my breath on this...

I seem to remember another Co-defensive coordinator who brought the West Coast offense here. How'd he work out?

Yeah who had worked in the NFL for most of his career and had been outright fired twice in the four years prior.

No freaking comparison.

The only thing they have in common (gerg and ash) is that at dine point in their career they were a defensive coordinator in college. Dumb to compare.

Still wouldn't like the hire.

Mark Coyle loses ALL BENEFIT of the doubt when he hires Chris Ash.

His job is tied to Ash. He doesn't get a 2nd bite if Ash fails. Dumb beyond belief. Way to take the pulse of your fanbase Mr. Coyle.

I can't repeat this enough. I refuse to believe Coyle is stupid enough to hire a career defensive assistant coach. I just find it unrealistic.

You can't fire Shafer and hire Ash. Honestly you can't. People want to give the next guy patience. Ash doesn't give any reason to give patience. He will need on the job training. It makes no sense. I just doesn't compute. Are we in the matrix? We can't be seriously considering this guy.
Tell us how you really feel.

are you talking about the irrationality of the board over the last 2 months? Funny if so. But still doesn't connect the dots how this could be a 10 page thread in a matter of minutes.

Or are you talking about the reaction to Chris Ash over the last 2 months? Because I never heard of the guy 2.5 days ago.
As much as posters here like to be overly-emotional and have fun, this is a collection of some of the most informed Syracuse Football fans that exist. And the overwhelming consensus is that the program needs an offensive minded head coach who can take advantage of playing home games in a Dome - something we have yet to see.

Getting news that the opposite is happening is a little tough to take.

would have to imagine an Ash fire like this would decimate our recruiting class

Honeymoon is over for Coyle. We win 2 NCs in Olympic Sports and compound that with another on the job football hiring.

Honestly this hire is baffling if it goes down. I mean seriously it makes no sense. Other than hiring a friend.

Go hire Eddie O over him. This hire makes no sense why is Coyle doing this.

I'm trying to stay positive and realistic. Given the openings the SU job is probably the 7th or 8th best job open, so a coordinator might be the best the school can get. #prayfordino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom