Brandon Triche appreciation thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Triche appreciation thread

Brandon was great last night. He absolutely set the tone early that we were going to abuse their backcourt until they adjusted. MCW took it to a higher level, but Brandon was great and he hit a couple of drives that halted mini runs by IU.

He was great on defense and his short/mid range game was exceptional (as it has been for large parts of the season). His passing was once again suspect, but I'll take 14 pts and great D out of him every game for the rest of the way.

Brandon never gets credit for the defense he plays either. I don't think it's a coincidence we have had some of our best defensive teams the past few years with him manning the top of the zone. Another 6 turnovers from your off guard is tough to deal with, but at this point we just have to accept that is who he is. I don't ever recall him making this many really bad decisions, but he has made up for it in other areas. He has been doing a great job of rebounding the ball this year as well. And i mean rebounds in traffic over other teams bigs. Even with a bad back he seems to be jumping the best he has since being at Syracuse. I'm really hoping for 1 more Seton Hall type performance in this kind of setting to cement his legacy at Syracuse.

He was great on defense and his short/mid range game was exceptional (as it has been for large parts of the season). His passing was once again suspect, but I'll take 14 pts and great D out of him every game for the rest of the way.

It's also worth pointing out that he did a great job last night as the secondary ball handler.

He is a warrior for sure. Anyone who has ever had a back injury understands that.

Really glad his senior season is ending this way. He and JS deserve it.

It's also worth pointing out that he did a great job last night as the secondary ball handler.
That and defense are really the areas where he adds the most value to the team. I mean he is only adequate by starting SU shooting guard standards in terms of scoring, rebounding, and passing. But, he is an excellent defender and he is really a superb ball handler. His turnovers come from driving into traffic not from getting his pocket picked. It's nice that when IU switches their lock down guy onto MCW that we can just say 'fine Triche will bring the ball up' and not worry about it at all. It fact sometimes I think we are better off when he initiates the offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom