Brandon Triche appreciation thread | Syracusefan.com

Brandon Triche appreciation thread

Really concerned with his back and short turnaround. At the presser last night he had a bag of ice taped around him.

Hope he can get through it and get us to final four..

IMO it would put him in a similar category to John Wallace

Really concerned with his back and short turnaround. At the presser last night he had a bag of ice taped around him.

John Wallace? Really?

He may end up the all-time winningest tourney player for Syracuse.

Of course, Melo has the all-time best tourney win percentage.

No way. John Wallace was an all-american and the best low post player in college basketball that year.

Triche would go down in program lore, but I don't think it would quite be like Wallace.

Do we know specifically what is wrong with his back? (Just pain, limited motion, stiffness, other?) I saw him fidgeting with it several times on the court last night. There has been buzz about it for some time now, but I hadn't noticed him favoring it like that.

As to his game last night. It was great save for about a 3 minute stretch were he really had some crazy turnovers. I don't remember him looking completely out of it like that for 3-4 possessions in a row ever before. It was scary.

No way. John Wallace was an all-american and the best low post player in college basketball that year.

Triche would go down in program lore, but I don't think it would quite be like Wallace.

All time winningest player. Agree on not quite the player, but a final four run and his winning put him in the elite category.

All time winningest player. Agree on not quite the player, but a final four run and his winning put him in the elite category.

I can agree with that!

I loved the way he played last night. He drove the line on like our second or third possession and lost the ball out of beyonds. I thought to myself that's fine just keep attacking their small guards Brandon. He did. Then when he got that and one on the crossover and had that huge reaction that was great. I would love for him to make the Final 4 this year because I think he is a great kid and has really struggled at times this year. Regarding his legacy I think if we make the final 4 he will go down as an important senior on the team that got to a final 4 and will be connected with the greatest 4 year run we have in terms of success. By definition I think he will have a great legacy because he will be connected with some great teams and has started and contributed to all of them.

BT was very good last night. Came up big. Posting up smaller guards is what he does really well. Some of those 6 TO's though were eye rollers...has to cut them down. If this team beats MU and gets to the Final Four his legacy will be golden.

How would you assess his performance?
phenominal.

his left bicept was bigger than indianas backcourt. everytime they tried to do something on offense, he was there.

he shouldve been doing a mutumbo finger wave every time they tried to penetrate the zone.

a couple of turnovers, but shot great and was a huge difference maker.

Huge MEA CULPA and a heaping helping portion of CROW.
After the 2nd GTown game, I was all over Brandon. It was the Hoyas...and my emotions might've gotten the best of me.
icon_redface.gif

I blamed Triche more than anyone else because he's the senior, the supposed leader, the wily vet. I didn't lose ALL hope, but the fat lady was certainly warming up for his SU career.
Bottomline- when Brandon Triche plays loose, aggressive, "F'k You" basketball, this team enters a new stratosphere. And if MCW is on his game as well...I'll state the obvious, we will not lose again.
Now...pass the salt, all the way to #2!

You could see the confidence oozing out of Brandon last night. Well not really, because ew. But every time he got the ball and Hulls was on him, you could see him immediately go into attack mode. There was no hesitation or timidity like we sometimes see. He knew he could dominate Hulls every time he touched the ball. It's amazing what happens when you just KNOW you are better than the guy across from you, and also KNOW there's literally nothing he can do about it because he's not in the same realm physically.

Same here. It looked like he tweaked it on one of his late 2nd half layups. He clutched as his back as soon as he came down and he had his hand on it from that point on. He still made a few plays after but I could tell it was bothering him.

brandon showed tremendous guts last night.. also was a silent killer with his 14 pts

phenominal.

his left bicept was bigger than indianas backcourt. everytime they tried to do something on offense, he was there.

he shouldve been doing a mutumbo finger wave every time they tried to penetrate the zone.

a couple of turnovers, but shot great and was a huge difference maker.
I wouldn't call 14 pts and 6 turnovers phenomenal, but he was pretty good. Set the tone early with some aggressive play, and he always plays very good D. I like Brandon it's nice to have a 4 yr no drama guy. I wish he could find his J though...

He saw the court extremely well last night that resulted in easy buckets for him. He took advantage of his mismatch on d and put us in position to win along with MCW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BT was very good last night. Came up big. Posting up smaller guards is what he does really well. Some of those 6 TO's though were eye rollers...has to cut them down. If this team beats MU and gets to the Final Four his legacy will be golden.
Eye rollers!!!

A couple of times I felt like reaching down my throat and pulling my guts out through my mouth.

But aside from his usual What turnovers, he played a great, great, tough heady game. All with what is now obviously a very sore back.

I wouldn't call 14 pts and 6 turnovers phenomenal, but he was pretty good. Set the tone early with some aggressive play, and he always plays very good D. I like Brandon it's nice to have a 4 yr no drama guy. I wish he could find his J though...
The "no drama" part is so underrated

The absolute worst thing I can say about Brandon is that he didn't quite shoot the ball as well this year as I hoped / expected.

Never understood the board vitriol directed his way.

Eye rollers!!!

A couple of times I felt like reaching down my throat and pulling my guts out through my mouth.

But aside from his usual What turnovers, he played a great, great, tough heady game. All with what is now obviously a very sore back.

He wasn't the only one who turned the ball over--we had several at the beginning of the second half that were all ridiculous.

Luckily, it didn't hurt us.

He wasn't the only one who turned the ball over--we had several at the beginning of the second half that were all ridiculous.

Luckily, it didn't hurt us.
Some of JS's passes made me want to nail my head to the coffee table.

And did every single SU player coincidentally decide that since Kieta's hand was bandaged this would be the perfect time to pass him the ball in traffic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom