Breakout Player in 2014-2015 Poll | Syracusefan.com

Breakout Player in 2014-2015 Poll

Who will break out and shock the world next season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Oh yeah, this thread is happening

Returners only.

I think that we will need both Roberson and Cooney to break out next year for us to remain a top 15 or so team. I voted for other because I really believe Cooney will build upon his improved play from last year to this year, and take the next step in becoming an elite shooter. My hope is that he'll come back with that ability to cut back-door or flare to the corner like he did earlier in the season, and that he'll also add the pull-up mid-range jumper to his arsenal.

Edit: Bolded is who I intended when I said "other". Happy now? :)

Last edited:
Hey Syracuse44 and Melancer46 get your butts back here and specify who your choice was.

Also, I really wanted to say Rak.

I feel like our bigs, Rak and DCII, will benefit exponentially from a scoring guard like KJII who can cut to the rim, penetrate and either finish or dish to the open man (Rak!)

I'll go with Beast. I think once the system responsibilities click for him, he'll be a dynamic offensive player and the natural rebounder we have been wanting for. I think it may take some time for him to be an elite wing defender in the zone, but I'll take that tradeoff if he gives us scoring and boards.

I think that we will need both Roberson and Cooney to break out next year for us to remain a top 15 or so team. I voted for other because I really believe Cooney will build upon his improved play from last year to this year, and take the next step in becoming an elite shooter. My hope is that he'll come back with that ability to cut back-door or flare to the corner like he did earlier in the season, and that he'll also add the pull-up mid-range jumper to his arsenal.

Edit: Bolded is who I intended when I said "other". Happy now? :)

I agree! Cooney...

Wow! I got nothing.

I'm still in shock over losing to Dayton and going 0-10 from 3-point range.

I guess Roberson may do as good as Grant his freshmen year.

Maybe Paterson takes over Cooney's job.

Jerami Grant...a potential absolute monster.

Grant...McCullough...Christmas.
No rebound goes ungrabbed...No shot goes unchallenged.