Brey... | Syracusefan.com

Brey...

BillSU

All American
" their defense definitely gave us trouble today and our young guys played even younger" GoSU :)

Must admit I like the guy but he has the best job in the country. Believe they said this is his 19th year at ND. Believe he has won a Big East and Acc title. Never sniffed a final four that I recall. Any other major coach would b run out of town. Seems odd

Must admit I like the guy but he has the best job in the country. Believe they said this is his 19th year at ND. Believe he has won a Big East and Acc title. Never sniffed a final four that I recall. Any other major coach would b run out of town. Seems odd
They never won the BET. I think they made the final only once.

He’s flirted with the final four recently - at least a couple of times I think. But no, he hasn’t actually gotten there. One of the recent games was close, from what I remember. Against Kentucky I think?

Most good coaches never make the final four, especially at a football school. Then throw in the academics, and the non-cheating (for those who would speak about Duke academics), and the location, and it's really almost unreasonable to think ND should make a final four.

So does Trevor Cooney.

Yup, he has a Wikipedia page but you have to read the information contained within it to see what he's accomplished. He's done a good job and is a winner despite not making many final fours - that's why he's signed through 2022. He's 412- 205 @ ND as a HC he's 511-257. Not too shabby.

Some info From Wikipedia:

2007–08 season

During the 2007–08 season, Brey led the Irish to a 24–6 regular season mark. He was named the Big East Coach of the Year for the second consecutive season on March 11, 2008. Notre Dame had a 45-game home winning streak between February 2006 and February 2009 - the second longest in school history. By completing the 2007–2008 regular season 18–0 at home, Brey coached the first team in Big East history to have consecutive undefeated seasons at home.

On June 19, 2012, Coach Brey signed a 10-year extension to remain the head coach of the Notre Dame Irish up until 2022. The financials were not released.

2014–15 Season

During the 2014-15 season, Brey's Notre Dame team went 32-6 and won the ACC conference tournament. The squad advanced to the Elite Eight, losing a close game to Kentucky. The 32 wins were the most by a Notre Dame men's team since 1908-09. He also passed Hall of Famer George Keogan for second place on Notre Dame's all-time wins list, trailing only Digger Phelps.

I’ve learned the hard way not to pick Brey/ND to make the Final Four after being burned twice by Irish teams that had great regular seasons in my NCAA pools.

Other posters have said that they expect Brey to get this years team around .500 in the ACC so yesterday will be considered a very good road win but to me this seemed like one of Brey’s least talented teams (unless ND was missing some good injured players).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom