Brisly Estime... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brisly Estime...

So you're saying the coaches made a mistake by not playing him earlier? No proof for that at all. The big punt return only reinforces the notion that the coaches did the right thing by bringing him along slowly. The punt return proves their decision more than the point laid out in this thread.

In SS we trust. Go Cuse.

Look I get what you are saying but people who get on here and simply start an "I told you so" thread especially when directed at people either need to get out of their parent's basement or just weren't hugged enough as children .. I say, "I told you so" enough to my children don't need to do it to grown men on a message board and make a point to single people out while doing it either.

Really childish IMHO. See everyone is entitled to their opinion but you have to be pretty damn insecure to go ahead and wait a few months and then resurrect this ... like I said people just can't enjoy the season they need to light the occasional fire out of what seems like complete boredom.

wfschrec -- If that post is what gives them the reason to keep on living and the confidence to get out of their parents' basement, why take that away? Let the post just wither and die with no responses, but don't take the next step and kick the basement dweller in the balls to shrink back down to the cellar. j/k

nah, those were different topics. I still dont think UCF is very good and expect them to lose by 30 in their bowl game. Agree to disagree.
I participated in your bash UCF thread and you used them as an example of why PSU wasn't any good this year and then went on to ridiculously state that UCF wouldn't win a game in the ACC unless they played SU. Nothing about what you said was mixed-up it was clear you said UCF sucked.
It was the vehemence in which you argued in spite of evidence to the contrary and your air of superiority in your opinion that was the big turn-off to your side of the argument (which obviously wasn't a good argument).
Love that at least you haven't backed off since they are in a BCS bowlgame and as i write this are up 7 against Baylor in the 2nd quarter. Win or lose UCF is a very good team with a pro at quarterback and alot of speed on defense. its even more clear to me now than it was two months ago that you were dead wrong on UCF. Hope you understand it a little better now.

I never knew what "lelearning the he offense" has to do with kick returning.

I think Shafer explained that he wanted Estime to spend time learning the offense rather than attempting to do so while also working with the special teams.

Becoming proficient at WR or HB was more important than his play on STs.

I think Shafer explained that he wanted Estime to spend time learning the offense rather than attempting to do so while also working with the special teams.

Becoming proficient at WR or HB was more important than his play on STs.

Many receivers return kicks. For years we've suffered from mediocre offenses that needed help from special teams and didn't get any. We saw in the bowl game how important a dynamic kick returner could be.

Many receivers return kicks. For years we've suffered from mediocre offenses that needed help from special teams and didn't get any. We saw in the bowl game how important a dynamic kick returner could be.
Another good thing about that punt return is, now that players have seen that it doesn't take much to get him free, they will work harder on blocking schemes.

Well, I guess you can take it up with Coach Shafer.

That was his explanation.

nah, those were different topics. I still dont think UCF is very good and expect them to lose by 30 in their bowl game. Agree to disagree.

UCF just won their bowl game by 10 against a very good Baylor squad. Way off on the prediction.

He had a show at a lot of receptions this year but due to his reported lack of knowledge of the playbook early on he didn't see the field for what seems like half of the season. He easily could have had 50 receptions this year if he was used early on.

Watch the first few games of the season. The staff knew he was good and tried to get him into the rotation early. But at that point, he only knew a few plays and even with those, he often lined up incorrectly. It is a big jump going from HS ball to BCS ball, even from kids from the Miami area.

He was a far different player at the end of the season than he was at the start of the season. Just as Broyld was; his drops in the 2nd half of the season were down dramatically from where they were early on, when he was getting his first playing time at H-back (and later WR).

well I coach football so I always favor the coaches decision because they know and see estime everyday in practice. We dont. lol.. At the school I coach at we have athletic kids that can make a play at anytime. But those same kids can hurt us too. A mis judge ball or trying to make something out of nothing can get you in trouble and can change the momentum of the game. What the coaches have to ask themselves is the risk worth the reward? keep in mind of our limitations on offense we had up until the last couple games. We were very careful of how we threw the ball and such. The staff probably wanted to be safe until we had an offense that could make up for special team mistakes. When that happened, Estime was inserted. Thats my thinking of it.

Play Station doesn't count as "coaching football". ;)

I agree. The coaches see him X hours a day and it's their job to know when to put a freshmen in the game and at what pace to do so. We don't know about his academics, practice habits/execution and along with that confidence/frustration levels. It's like having a contractor finish your room by putting the studs/electric and sheetrock in and then you walk in and see the finished product, we don't know all the details that went into building it just what it looks like when we see it all finished.

Plus let's face it, Desire has pretty good hands and did a solid job back there. First year coach like SS and having a guy that you can count on is pretty nice to have. Now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind seeing Desire on offense once in a while.

UCF just won their bowl game by 10 against a very good Baylor squad. Way off on the prediction.

He isn't the brightest bulb in the pack what can I say?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom