Brissett | Syracusefan.com

Brissett

timkay99

All Conference
Another strong game out of him, 6-10 shooting on 2-pointers, only attempted 1 three, grabbed 12 boards.

This against one of the tallest front-lines Cuse will face all year. If he continues to convert like that inside, lot of good things coming. He and Tyus are the two who can create their offense consistently in 1 on 1 situations, just a matter of converting. Would really help spacing for Hughes, Howard and Boeheim to catch and shoot 3's.

This team’s more dangerous when Marek and Chukwu at least attempt shots.

Frank is a point guard and half his job is to distribute. He had an awful game last night. But your job as a point guard becomes immensely more dificult when you’re playing 3 or 4 on 5

Another strong game out of him, 6-10 shooting on 2-pointers, only attempted 1 three, grabbed 12 boards.

This against one of the tallest front-lines Cuse will face all year. If he continues to convert like that inside, lot of good things coming. He and Tyus are the two who can create their offense consistently in 1 on 1 situations, just a matter of converting. Would really help spacing for Hughes, Howard and Boeheim to catch and shoot 3's.
I think he's playing up to his abilities as best he can. Unfortunately he needs to cut down on the turnovers and I just don't know if the spaz attacks are fixable. For every time he converts he also loses the ball in traffic or fires a shot off the backboard at 100mph. Reminds me of Terrence Roberts.

Frank is a point guard and half his job is to distribute. He had an awful game last night. But your job as a point guard becomes immensely more dificult when you’re playing 3 or 4 on 5
Marek was completely neutralized by FSU's length. He didn't decide to take the night off if that's what you're suggesting. This team just needs to play against softer defenses and they will look like NCAA contenders again.

This is a Brissett thread. Are you lost?

Marek was completely neutralized by FSU's length. He didn't decide to take the night off if that's what you're suggesting. This team just needs to play against softer defenses and they will look like NCAA contenders again.

Im speaking over the course of the entire conference schedule. These guys need to find ways to draw defenders. Mareks improved in the fact that he’s gaining confidence in his perimeter game, but it seems like over the past couple weeks he’s still reluctant to take his open looks. I was not able to watch last night but it’s hard to believe a defense’s length completely neutralized a 6’10 forward

Agreed, very strong game for Oshae. He's an example of listening to the coaches and focusing on where he can really help the team. Cuse needs him driving and banging inside. He will improve from the outside but focusing inside and hitting the boards are the key. He's finishing much better through contact. Next step is to up the free throw shooting (75%+).

He's the least of the issues now.

Cuse!

This is a Brissett thread. Are you lost?

Was piggybacking off of the op’s mentioning of creating spacing for Buddy/Elijah/frank to shoot threes while Brissett and Battle are the only capable iso guys.

I’ll stop

Was piggybacking off of the op’s mentioning of creating spacing for Buddy/Elijah/frank to shoot threes while Brissett and Battle are the only capable iso guys.

I’ll stop

Nahh, you're fine. I'm just being snarky. Games like last night will do that.

Agreed, very strong game for Oshae. He's an example of listening to the coaches and focusing on where he can really help the team. Cuse needs him driving and banging inside. He will improve from the outside but focusing inside and hitting the boards are the key. He's finishing much better through contact. Next step is to up the free throw shooting (75%+).

He's the least of the issues now.

Cuse!

Very true. He seems to be going straight up to the hoop now as well, and not doing that pull back so I can definitely get blocked thing.

Great rebounder. Seems to have exceptional hand-eye coordination and hands.

I believe he tipped at least two more rebounds to teammates. And Battle and Dolezaj each did that successfully, too. Can't say I've ever seen so many heady tipped boards in one game, it was like the anti-Elvir Ovcina play.

On the whole they all rebounded hard after that crazy 15-8 start where FSU was grabbing everything.