Bromley and Goggins | Syracusefan.com

Bromley and Goggins

CaliCuse

All American
I like their play thus far and after watching Goggins, i think he might make a great DE on this level and the next. He has a combination of speed and strength that makes him difficult to contain especially if he were to have some room to get his speed up to its higher gear and utilize his strength to get by a big old slow ugly. Bromley is doing very well. well enough to keep Crume on the sidelines a bit longer then I might have expected.Whether Crume ever reaches the heights some have predicted is another matter. e might have to conquer the calorie demon first.We all know that demon is the most difficult stop. Even more difficult then alcohol. You can live without booze but not food. For some one slice of pizza is merrily an introduction to the second pie in another box being kept warm in the oven.:bat:

hearing that Crume is only 17 make you think he has a huge upside in getting much quicker/stronger.

Interior DL has been better than expected . In 2012- everyone of note is back, with Sloan and a true frosh or two added in.

Goggins wayyyyyyyy too small for the next level.

Maybe . He has the strength which along with quickness beats pure size every time. But lets say you are right. He is still OK for this level of play Wouldn't you agree with that?

Goggins isn't too small for DE in the NFL. He would definitely fall into the shorter category for a DE in the NFL but he is definitely in the ballpark.

Dwight Freeney is 6'-1" 268 lbs.
James Harrison is 6'-0" 242 lbs.
Goggins is 6'-1" 272 lbs.

Goggins isn't too small for DE in the NFL. He would definitely fall into the shorter category for a DE in the NFL but he is definitely in the ballpark.

Dwight Freeney is 6'-1" 268 lbs.
James Harrison is 6'-0" 242 lbs.
Goggins is 6'-1" 272 lbs.

And that was where he played before he got here. I could see a transition back on the next level.

And that was where he played before he got here. I could see a transition back on the next level.

I could see it on this level if Crume comes on strong.

I think all three will eventually play in a very effective rotation; keeping the opposing O-Line guessing and adjusting to what each and the combinations of the three brings.

I could see it on this level if Crume comes on strong.

I've thought that too. I'd love to see that. That'd be especially sweet for run defense.

I think all three will eventually play in a very effective rotation; keeping the opposing O-Line guessing and adjusting to what each and the combinations of the three brings.

And the best part is: this entire nucleus will be intact next year, in addition to Boatman / Welsh, and Sloan who is redshirting this year. Coming into the year, the interior d-linemen were viewed as a huge question mark, but moving forward they'll be a position of strength.

Having that stability will also give the coaching staff the flexibility to redshirt the two incoming DTs currently comprising our recruiting class. Future looks solid at DT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom