Brown starting at Duke. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brown starting at Duke.

For fans who have been around a while I hope he has the same personal growth Scoop had at SU. Frankly, Jardine was a mess at the start of his career but he matured and developed at SU. I thought he was lucky JAB let him stay. Of course Scoop was willing to do the work to become a solid person. I had hoped for that progression at SU last year for Copeland and I wish him well for his future. Not just hoops, but his life in general. I loved Cope as real showman. Drove us nuts with mistakes but those highlights were spectacular.
I wonder if the difference was the culture of the program. When Scoop arrived we weren't that far removed from the NC and there was enough veteran leadership where an immature guy wasn't going to derail a team. Copeland didn't have that around him.

Yep. Didn’t expect he would start being pushed further down the pecking order so soon. Still might just be lineup experimenting but a hunch says it isnt
The experiment was when Brown got a token start.

I wonder if the difference was the culture of the program. When Scoop arrived we weren't that far removed from the NC and there was enough veteran leadership where an immature guy wasn't going to derail a team. Copeland didn't have that around him.
That is a great point

Very interesting point. We really didn't have an established veteran last season who had the standing to tell people to knock the crap off and make them listen.

One thing for sure. Maliq won't be the best defender on their team. Flagg is tremendous and has a great feel on that end. His offense looks sketchy to me but he is an excellent defender and when they get in synch they are going to be a handful to score against

Brown starting at Duke.​

not surprised. dude can ball. but first time he slaps the floor i turn on him like last may's milk.

I don't know, there was drama pretty much every year Eric was here and that was the year after the title and then Billy disappeared, it wasn't roses throughout our history.

I don't know what Copeland did, but we've seen some guys stick around after some crazy stuff, some repeat offenders.

Maybe Red is just holding guys more accountable? He kicked Benny off the team mid season.

Hop.
JB and Hop had a hell of a run, listening to the pods with Eric and the players during that time there was always one common part of their stories, it was always Hop bringing them back down to earth whether it was challenging them or being a parental figure.

Wish things worked out for him better in Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom