Brown vs Bacot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Brown vs Bacot

Hey, don't hate me. I'm actually thinking that a zone might be good to play this game. Gives brown some help inside and should cut down on fouls. And hope they're cold from the outside. House money tomorrow.

We've had guys playing zone against unc for years and still getting into foul trouble. Brown really moved well against Post but who knows what the refs will do. Man or zone might not be safe.

With Taylor, Bell and Starling on the floor together with, unless one of these guys are cooking we can’t have one of our centers out there because we’re potentially playing 1-5 on offense.

Personally I’d play small and try to run them off the court, use Bacot’s skills against him and leave him on the defensive end and keep him running.

I think our best lineup against them would be Judah, Cope, Taylor, Benny, Brown.
I agree with your thinking. Unfortunately I don't think it will matter anyway and UNC will continue to be our daddy until further notice.

Last edited:
I know I keep making posts, but this is a game where we have zero margin of error to get a W. If Starling, Bell, Taylor are ineffective and play more minutes than Copeland I’m going to have a lot of questions for Red. I don’t mind shortening the rotation for games like this.

One thing in the BC game that was impressive was when the back-up to Post came in, had the last name Mighty* and certainly looked like he was - kid is built like a tank - but he kind of spazzed around trying everything and then some to move Brown around and Maliq not only held his ground admirably but baited him into a foul and a travel. All told their bigs (other than McGlockton) combined for 0 points, 4 FGA, 8 TOs, 6 PFs, and 8 rebounds against Maliq.

Now UNC and Bacot are a whole 'nother level, but I think Maliq can keep his ground and not get bullied too much.

* Just looking at the boxscore, BC has a kid named Mighty and another named Strong.

I'm more worried about "Brown vs. zebras."

Fearful that he'll have two whistles go against him in the first 3 minutes, and we'll be toast.

Naturally, his "pokes" that have gone uncalled 135/137 times this season will become the wrist slap emojis all first half.

Don’t disagree at all unfortunately.
Unfortunately that’s the problem with relying on an offensive system that relies too much on talent to make plays. We’re limited in that department and it prevents us from pulling the upsets.

Anybody else on the edge of their seat to see how our guy does against this 35 year old beast?
I think we really need to get a few minutes out of Big Duke and and Hima combo. Not sure when Naheem is expected back.

He held Post in check and was probably the most impressive thing he’s done since he got here, just an absolute amazing game by Brown, will be tough to shut down Bacot but I do have a lot of faith in Brown and he’s very difficult to bet against. I really think he’s turned into our most consistent and arguably our best player.
Bacot is going to destroy us.

Anybody else on the edge of their seat to see how our guy does against this 35 year old beast?

Yeah, this game is one of the main ones we needed 10 minutes from Naheem.
I wonder if we can get a couple 4 minute stints from Hima? I saw Red give him a few minutes the other night.

Yeah, this game is one of the main ones we needed 10 minutes from Naheem.
I wonder if we can get a couple 4 minute stints from Hima? I saw Red give him a few minutes the other night.
We need a ton f steals to offset the volleyball rebounding they willdo.

We can play Brown and Hima together. Not sure there’s much of a difference between Hima and McLeod as it is.
I'll argue that Hima is better. But he's playing injured like McLeod until Naheem was eventually shelfed.

Bacot's pregame picture

big-mommas-house-1200-1200-675-675-crop-000000.jpg

Fine by me. Whatever works. I think Red is more than willing to play whatever D works best for us.
Except when it comes to JJ, who gets too much time.

With Taylor, Bell and Starling on the floor together with, unless one of these guys are cooking we can’t have one of our centers out there because we’re potentially playing 1-5 on offense.

Personally I’d play small and try to run them off the court, use Bacot’s skills against him and leave him on the defensive end and keep him running.

I think our best lineup against them would be Judah, Cope, Taylor, Benny, Brown.
Our best chance.

And a combined 18 in the 5 games before BC.

JJ’s better at the rim and creating. If Bell’s not draining threes immediately, he’ll be useless vs UNC
I don’t disagree, But JJ has scored 27 points total himself the last 4 games on 40% shooting and 22% from 3. It’s not enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom