Bruce MetLife Opener | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bruce MetLife Opener

Great show to cap the tour last night at Gillette. He was in great form - voice strong, intense, goofy, etc. Really enjoyable show, and set list that was rooted in the early albums. They got the curfew extended to 11:30, and he blew right through it. 4 hour, 2 minute show that ended at 11:55.

Highlights:
  • Incident was stunning - one of the best performances of the song I have ever seen. And right into Rosalita! My kids were with us, and since they were in elementary school, Incident has been their favorite Bruce song. Glad they got to hear such a great performance.
  • 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) - solo performance on electric guitar. Sweet, intense, and emotional all at the same time. It seemed to me (and others I spoke to) that he got quite emotional at one point and had to replay a few bars before starting to sing again to get himself back together - had to look away and take a breath.
  • NYC Serenade was one of those songs that never really did it for me - until these past few shows. They gave me a new appreciation for it.
  • Not really a highlight, but Kitty's Back was never a favorite either. Get off my lawn.
  • No Patty! Boys night out!
  • Lots of storytelling. Great story about Blinded by the Light. Got a quick text from nycfan who must have been following the set list in BTX when Bruce mentioned the NJ shore town nycfan frequents.
  • Jungleland was awesome. Would have preferred Backstreets, but apparently he reserves that for shows Bayside44 attends.
  • Radio Nowhere was very good. Sign request. They hadn't played it for so long, Bruce had to quietly go through the chords and ask if everyone was ready before he launched into the opening riff.
  • Always love seen full band version Lost in the Flood.
  • Darkness was super-intense.

All in all, great show that may be one of the last ESB shows in the US (Australia/NZ shows in Jan and Feb). Hopefully he does (a lot) more when he returns.

Start time: 7.53 p.m.

Setlist
1. New York City Serenade
2. Prove It All Night (’78 Intro)
3. Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
4. Blinded By The Light
5. It’s Hard To Be A Saint In The City
6. Growin’ Up
7. Spirit In The Night
8. Lost In The Flood
9. Kitty’s Back
10. Incident on 57th Street
11. Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
12. No Surrender
13. Boom Boom
14. Darkness On The Edge Of Town
15. Radio Nowhere
16. Hungry Heart
17. Out In The Street
18. Detroit Medley
19. Light Of Day
20. 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
21. 41 Shots (American Skin)
22. Promised Land
23. Because The Night
24. The Rising
25. Badlands
26. Long Walk Home
27. Jungleland
28. Born To Run
29. Dancing In The Dark
30. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
31. Shout
32. ROCKIN ALL OVER THE WORLD
33. Bobby Jean

End Time: 11:55 p.m.

Great show to cap the tour last night at Gillette. He was in great form - voice strong, intense, goofy, etc. Really enjoyable show, and set list that was rooted in the early albums. They got the curfew extended to 11:30, and he blew right through it. 4 hour, 2 minute show that ended at 11:55.

Highlights:
  • Incident was stunning - one of the best performances of the song I have ever seen. And right into Rosalita! My kids were with us, and since they were in elementary school, Incident has been their favorite Bruce song. Glad they got to hear such a great performance.
  • 4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy) - solo performance on electric guitar. Sweet, intense, and emotional all at the same time. It seemed to me (and others I spoke to) that he got quite emotional at one point and had to replay a few bars before starting to sing again to get himself back together - had to look away and take a breath.
  • NYC Serenade was one of those songs that never really did it for me - until these past few shows. They gave me a new appreciation for it.
  • Not really a highlight, but Kitty's Back was never a favorite either. Get off my lawn.
  • Lots of storytelling. Great story about Blinded by the Light. Got a quick text from nycfan who must have been following the set list in BTX when Bruce mentioned the NJ shore town nycfan frequents.
  • Jungleland was awesome. Would have preferred Backstreets, but apparently he reserves that for shows Bayside44 attends.
  • Radio Nowhere was very good. Sign request. They hadn't played it for so long, Bruce had to quietly go through the chords and ask if everyone was ready before he launched into the opening riff.

All in all, great show that may be one of the last ESB shows in the US (Australia/NZ shows in Jan and Feb). Hopefully he does (a lot) more when he returns.

Setlist
4. Blinded By The Light
6. Growin’ Up
7. Spirit In The Night
8. Lost In The Flood
9. Kitty’s Back
12. No Surrender
13. Boom Boom
15. Radio Nowhere
16. Hungry Heart
17. Out In The Street
18. Detroit Medley
19. Light Of Day
22. Promised Land
23. Because The Night
24. The Rising
25. Badlands
26. Long Walk Home
27. Jungleland
28. Born To Run
29. Dancing In The Dark
31. Shout
33. Bobby Jean

Yes, actually watched the entire show on Periscope, the greatest invention since TIVO. Must have caught at least 10-15 shows on this tour in this manner and then parts of many others (it was much tougher when he was in Europe and on West Coast due to work or sleep commitments...). The beauty of it is that although some people won't do the entire show, or will stop for a while if they don't care for the song, I follow enough Bruce fans now that I never seem to run out of scopes to check out. Plus, you can always just do a general search under "Bruce" and usually a few live feeds (scopes) pop up.

Regarding the story you referenced, Bruce was in a storytelling mode before Sandy (4th of July), and mentioned he used to live in Bradley Beach. I never knew this! We have been renting in Bradley every year since 2001 (and I also did a couple years in '95/'96 when I met my wife there). So it's basically my second home--spent every weekend of the summer there, including 2 full weeks of vacation in August (which is why it blew me away when he mentioned it).

The show was obviously spectacular--and included 3 of my own all-time favorite Bruce songs in Jungleland, Bobby Jean, and Incident. (the first 2 which as you know I also got at MetLife I -- the greatest Bruce show I have ever been to in person). By the way, as you mentioned, he did an unbelievable job with Jungleland last night (as did Jake). So glad he added that for a lot of the shows this summer--never used to get enough play! But now very sad that my summer of Bruce on Periscope is over.

Highlights:

Setlist
4. Blinded By The Light
6. Growin’ Up
7. Spirit In The Night
8. Lost In The Flood
9. Kitty’s Back
12. No Surrender
13. Boom Boom
15. Radio Nowhere
16. Hungry Heart
17. Out In The Street
18. Detroit Medley
19. Light Of Day
22. Promised Land
23. Because The Night
24. The Rising
25. Badlands
26. Long Walk Home
27. Jungleland
28. Born To Run
29. Dancing In The Dark
31. Shout
33. Bobby Jean

LOVED Long walk home acoustically

Bruce's birthday is tomorrow.

How do you buy it?

brucespringsteen.net

Silly purchase but whatever.

Here's the crazy thing, looking at older shows I've seen...this dude played 10 more songs 17 years later live. Unless Bono finds something in him, this will never happen at that level ever. Insane.

brucespringsteen.net

Silly purchase but whatever.

Here's the crazy thing, looking at older shows I've seen...this dude played 10 more songs 17 years later live. Unless Bono finds something in him, this will never happen at that level ever. Insane.
Interesting. Cd or digital? Quality good?

Cool. Thanks. I've been looping live shows on YouTube for 6 months.

Yeah, I think we're done, but hoping we're not done.

The three shows I've seen this year have totally blown me away.

Can I ask which one you bought? I've never done this before. Can u listen on iTunes/iPhone?

I bought the DC show from a few weeks ago...they let you sample songs on the site.

Listening to Downbound Train now and it sounds like I was there. Granted I bought this because I think it's the last one and I want to have it.

Last edited:
I bought the DC show from a few weeks ago...they let you sample songs on the site.

Listening to Downbound Train now and it sounds like I was there. Granted I bought this because I think it's the last one and I want to have it.

You had a job, you had a girl, you had something going on in Syracuse fan world...
i caught about an hour of my Giants Stadium show on Sirius the other night, may go buy that now...

question...are they burnable??

You had a job, you had a girl, you had something going on in Syracuse fan world...
I don't see DC. I see MetLife. What format? There's more than mp3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom