Bruce Pearl crapping on Ennis | Syracusefan.com

Bruce Pearl crapping on Ennis

OrangeCrush22

All Conference
Bruce Pearl is thoroughly unimpressed with Tyler Ennis. On ESPN2 he and Seth Greenberg were discussing the top freshman players. When Ennis' name came up Pearl immediately began to question him being there saying he's "only on here because he's the point guard at Syracuse". Greenberg then defended Ennis.

At least it's kinda nice that he thinks the Syracuse name elevates the status of its players...

I've always disliked Bruce Pearl. He was a rat at Illinois, and a cheater at Tennessee.

Hope he never coaches again--although that opinion has nothing to do with what you've reported here about his opinion of Ennis.

Bruce Pearl is only working for ESPN because he got fired from his coaching job for cheating and lying.

He wasn't necessarily crapping on him. He was basically saying that Ennis hasn't been a top 10 freshman thus far because they were doing a segment and that he needs to take some pressure off Cooney by scoring more. Greenberg really only said Ennis will be great by the end of the year.

Could never take a statement from Bruce Pearl seriously.

He wasn't necessarily crapping on him. He was basically saying that Ennis hasn't been a top 10 freshman thus far because they were doing a segment and that he needs to take some pressure off Cooney by scoring more. Greenberg really only said Ennis will be great by the end of the year.

Pearl said that Cooney's not a great shooter, and that Ennis is a pass first point guard, because Ennis can't score "he only averages 7 points a game". Pearl was either ignorant to Ennis other than the stats in front of him, or he doesn't like him/Syracuse.

Pearl said that Cooney's not a great shooter, and that Ennis is a pass first point guard, because Ennis can't score "he only averages 7 points a game". Pearl was either ignorant to Ennis other than the stats in front of him, or he doesn't like him/Syracuse.
Pearl is right. Ennis has been completely unimpressive so far. Let's hope Pearl is right about March.

It's not that out of line. I think Ennis will be a top 10 freshman before the end of the year but he isnt blowing people away right now. At times ive thought Gbinije outplayed him.

It's funny you mention Bruce Pearl. Did anybody see the New Mexico vs BYU highlights yesterday. The buzzer beater to go to OT was a panicked, running, offbalance, off-one-foot, heave from 38 feet. Pearl's dead serious comment - "you see that's exactly the shot you want in that situation." Wow.

Honestly, I think Ennis has been really disappointing thus far. But that is not based on him as much as the hype and the fact he's had to replace a lottery pick who is setting the NBA on fire.

It's a long season. Ennis will still be fine, he just needs more seasoning.

Ennis will improve. Once everyone else settles down around him and starts playing Cuse basketball, he'll improve.

Give him time.

Oh, Nashville Orange, I love you so much! Would you like to go on a date? MrrrrrrrWOW!
Sounds purrfect
Get a room, you two. ;)
HA HA HA! If I were a cat, I would! My god, that feline is awesome. Seriously, I am drooling. (I look so dorky.)
3gs7.jpg

I don't think Bruce pearl knows the first thing about Ennis, but hes probably right for now. Hes probably watched him play once, maybe.

Ennis has alot to work on. He hasn't played against the best college shotblocking centers in the lane yet, or gone up against a good defensive guard who won't let him drive without a pick and roll yet. He does have a pullup, a floater, a finish with the left and has missed alot of easy unblockable layups though which is something very few freshmen guards have. And he has shown a pretty strong three point shot though so far this year. Hes a blowby pg not a break down dribble point, I wonder how that will translate against good defenders when we get to the next level.

I think it will be night and day with ennis once he develops more chemistry with his teammates. When that happens it might just seem like he had an epiphany overnight. I am dissapointed the team has so little chemistry at this point but it would serve all of us as fans well to keep reminding ourselves to be patient with such a young team who has played less than ten games together.