Brycen Goodine to Oklahoma | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine to Oklahoma

I have two conflicting thoughts in my head right now.

1) I like people having the flexibility to do what they want where they want as long as they aren’t hurting anyone.
2) A guy playing college basketball at four different schools is just completely ridiculous.

1) I like people having the flexibility to do what they want where they want as long as they aren’t hurting anyone.
2) A guy playing college basketball at four different schools is just completely ridiculous.

I agree on both points! I do think number one trumps number two from an ethical standpoint. That doesn’t stop number two from being absolutely true.

Why is it ridiculous? I don’t like the transfer rules, but as long as them are the rules then I don’t see why it’s ridiculous.

Isn't there a guy on his 5th school in 5 years

I always thought this kid would be good eventually. Unreal 3 point percentage.
Remains to be seen if he can do it at P6. Never set the world on fire at SYR and Providence. Okie is a big step up from Fairfield.

Remains to be seen if he can do it at P6. Never set the world on fire at SYR and Providence. Okie is a big step up from Fairfield.
I'll be curious to see how he does back up at the Power 6 level also, especially after Providence didn't work out either. But maybe all he needed was some playing time and confidence.

Small sample size, but he had 22, 4 and 3 against BC this year. I would have taken him as a sniper off the bench here.
None of these guys want to come off the bench, they transfer. He'll definitely be a bench player at Okie, maybe a 10-12 minute guy.

Why is it ridiculous? I don’t like the transfer rules, but as long as them are the rules then I don’t see why it’s ridiculous.
To clarify, I'm not taking a shot at Brycen. He's operating within the rules. I just think someone going to four different schools is so far outside the realistic parameters of what is supposed to be a student-athlete. But, that's where we are right now.

To clarify, I'm not taking a shot at Brycen. He's operating within the rules. I just think someone going to four different schools is so far outside the realistic parameters of what is supposed to be a student-athlete. But, that's where we are right now.
Luckily for me they didn’t feel the same about regular students.