Bud Poliquin’s Article Speaks -> Nonsense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bud Poliquin’s Article Speaks -> Nonsense

Yes, it is 1000% true that "The majority of CNYers want to roll out of bed and have the game in their living rooms." Make broad generalizations much?
Actually, without having the figures available I would bet more people watch a game in their living rooms than at the Dome. Probably not 1000% true though.

Actually, without having the figures available I would bet more people watch a game in their living rooms than at the Dome.

Well done...and true. Of every team.

Yes, it is 1000% true that "The majority of CNYers want to roll out of bed and have the game in their living rooms." Make broad generalizations much?

I said "majority" -- not all.

It's closer from Times Square to the Meadowlands, than it is from Downtown Buffalo to Orchard Park.

I bet I can get from downtown Buffalo to Orchard Park faster than I can get from Times Square to the Meadowlands.

Still closer to Buffalo than the Meadowlands is to Syracuse. Those that deny there is a problem locally with moving the most attractive game on the scheduls downstate either live downstate or accept everything orange.

Would it have made you happier if they called the game "The Kickoff Classic"?

Who cares about distance? NY is NY and NJ is NJ. 1 mile 100 miles 500 miles. The SU-USC game being dubbed NYS anything when it is in NJ is dumb. It doesn't bother me a whole lot but it is dumb. The funnier part is people getting all unnerved about Bud mocking it too.

I agree. The NY Giants should play in NY. Ditto the NY Jets. Imagine the uproar if the Yankees built their new stadium in Hoboken.

I agree. The NY Giants should play in NY. Ditto the NY Jets. Imagine the uproar if the Yankees built their new stadium in Hoboken.
Almost happened. At least George said he was looking at NJ at one point. And if they did move there the Yankees would be dead to me.

Would it have made you happier if they called the game "The Kickoff Classic"?

But it's not really a kickoff classic, it's not even the first weekend of the season...

Everytime i read Bud i pine for the Old Scout. Sure miss Arnie

But it's not really a kickoff classic, it's not even the first weekend of the season...

My point was, we have played USC in a game in NJ before.

My point was, we have played USC in a game in NJ before.

sarcasm_detector.jpg

These games in the "Greater NYC" area are a blessing for Syracuse. Big profit, National TV, Huge for recruiting, big for donors, NYC press and an easy and great road trip from CNY or an easy flight from any other location. Sure it sucks only having a few home games this year but i truly believe the rewards are much better than any downside. If Syracuse wants to remain a National program we have to think outside of the box. Lets give Gross credit where credit is due. This is very good for Syracuse football

You can LOL all you want -- but its 1000% true

I grew up in the North Country close to the border and many of us became Leaf or Canadian fans not because of our geographic proximity to Canada but because of our exposure to canadian television. This is all about exposure.
For that matter when we finally got expanded choices via cable every Sunday morning before
the NFL football (Giants) broadcast began we watched and listened to lindsay Nelson bring us the replay of the fightin Irish game from the prvious day on WPIX from NYC. Many of us became lifelong ND fans because of those broadcasts.