Bud Poliquin’s Article Speaks -> Nonsense | Syracusefan.com

Bud Poliquin’s Article Speaks -> Nonsense

nralecuse

Walk On
I understand it is late spring and perhaps not much football new (?) to write about but the level of negativity in this piece is disturbing. Does he also attach the NY Giants in a similar way? From my location in the heart of ACC-land the comments and views of some in CNY seem to occasionally border on self loathing. Just some thoughts. Sorry about the rant. I love our school and can tell you that our Alma mater is well repected in this region. Can't wait for the change of conference affiliation to happen. Wishing all a Happy and Safe Memorial Day!

Go Orange !

Comparing Metlife's location to NY to Indianapolis and Peoria, only 208 miles away from each other, totally makes sense.

He's paid to do this?

I understand it is late spring and perhaps not much football new (?) to write about but the level of negativity in this piece is disturbing. Does he also attach the NY Giants in a similar way? From my location in the heart of ACC-land the comments and views of some in CNY seem to occasionally border on self loathing. Just some thoughts. Sorry about the rant. I love our school and can tell you that our Alma mater is well repected in this region. Can't wait for the change of conference affiliation to happen. Wishing all a Happy and Safe Memorial Day!

Go Orange !

If Bud is so hung up on accuracy, shouldn't his title be changed for "columnist" to "hack".

He's had a falling out with Marrone and he thinks Gross is bigtiming him, therefore the agenda.

The guy is a dope.

Bud is a whiz bang semantics wonder boy. He's the grand pooh bah of stating the obvious. He dosen't understand soccer either.

It's closer from Times Square to the Meadowlands, than it is from Downtown Buffalo to Orchard Park.

Poliquin is the proverbial "Hack"... Amazed he manages to keep his job... Unlike most readers of the paper, someone at the paper with power must actually like him and overlook his job performance.

Poliquin is the proverbial "Hack"... Amazed he manages to keep his job... Unlike most readers of the paper, someone at the paper with power must actually like him and overlook his job performance.

I think there's a story there. But the line between fact and myth is sometimes blurred, so who knows?

I used to check the newspaper website for articles but with this and the "FloridaSteve" guy posts I think it has devolved to fetid turf. Long ago I recall liking the P-S for SU sports coverage...at least I think I did.
GO ORANGE !

It's closer from Times Square to the Meadowlands, than it is from Downtown Buffalo to Orchard Park.

Still closer to Buffalo than the Meadowlands is to Syracuse. Those that deny there is a problem locally with moving the most attractive game on the scheduls downstate either live downstate or accept everything orange.

What pissed me off the most was his comment on the game as "televised for some reason." Now I have come to like Bud on the radio show as a classy guy but that comment was stupid and moronic for somebody covering this area.

I don't see the outrage in that article. It shouldn't be called the New York anything. It is in NJ and not being played by 2 teams in NY. And yes, I do have a problem with the Giants playing there. The Giants should play in NYS.

Still closer to Buffalo than the Meadowlands is to Syracuse. Those that deny there is a problem locally with moving the most attractive game on the scheduls downstate either live downstate or accept everything orange.
Yep, they moved the game just to spite those damn local fans...

I don't see the outrage in that article. It shouldn't be called the New York anything. It is in NJ and not being played by 2 teams in NY. And yes, I do have a problem with the Giants playing there. The Giants should play in NYS.

I hear this stupid argument all the time from my upstate relatives. Jersey Giants bla bla bla. Its 10 freakin' miles. Its the same distance from Citi Field to midtown. Upstaters get so caught up in the fact that Metlife is in another state. North Jersey is simply an NYC 'burb (along w/CT, LI, and Westchester) and the people down here don't seem to have an issue rooting for a "Jersey" team.

Yep, they moved the game just to spite those damn local fans...

You miss the point. I understand why they did what they did. But to deny that it has no effect in CNY's perception of SU is to deny the obvious and reenforces the perception of a money grubing elite and remote organization.

You miss the point. I understand why they did what they did. But to deny that it has no effect in CNY's perception of SU is to deny the obvious and reenforces the perception of a money grubing elite and remote organization.

Because CNY people are quick to jump to conclusions without looking into all the details. Do you want to be SU, who plays national level teams every year in the Meadowlands for guaranteed millions? Or do you want to be Rutgers, who turns down ND at a neutral site and schedules UCLA and Howard and Bumfck State? Not to mention we play PSU in the Dome in a few years.

Because CNY people are quick to jump to conclusions without looking into all the details. Do you want to be SU, who plays national level teams every year in the Meadowlands for guaranteed millions? Or do you want to be Rutgers, who turns down ND at a neutral site and schedules UCLA and Howard and Bumfck State? Not to mention we play PSU in the Dome in a few years.

The majority of CNYers want to roll out of bed and have the game in their living rooms. Thats the long and short of it. The University has the audacity to try to make money for the University and make their loyal fandom have to travel down the road once a year. Boo freakin' hoo.

I hear this stupid argument all the time from my upstate relatives. Jersey Giants bla bla bla. Its 10 freakin' miles. Its the same distance from Citi Field to midtown. Upstaters get so caught up in the fact that Metlife is in another state. North Jersey is simply an NYC 'burb (along w/CT, LI, and Westchester) and the people down here don't seem to have an issue rooting for a "Jersey" team.

Who cares about distance? NY is NY and NJ is NJ. 1 mile 100 miles 500 miles. The SU-USC game being dubbed NYS anything when it is in NJ is dumb. It doesn't bother me a whole lot but it is dumb. The funnier part is people getting all unnerved about Bud mocking it too.

The majority of CNYers want to roll out of bed and have the game in their living rooms. Thats the long and short of it. The University has the audacity to try to make money for the University and make their loyal fandom have to travel down the road once a year. Boo freakin' hoo.

LOL.

Who cares about distance? NY is NY and NJ is NJ. 1 mile 100 miles 500 miles. The SU-USC game being dubbed NYS anything when it is in NJ is dumb. It doesn't bother me a whole lot but it is dumb. The funnier part is people getting all unnerved about Bud mocking it too.

You've got to be kidding me. You don't get it. I happened to grow up in NY State, 5 miles from the French Canadian border. Who do you think the hockey team of choice was up there? The Montreal Canadiens (distance: 60 miles) or the NY Rangers (distance: 400 miles). Remember I grew up in NY State. Of course distance matters.

And another thing, while we are on the topic. Can we stop calling the baseball series between the American League and the National League "The World Series"? Bud show some outrage.

You can LOL all you want -- but its 1000% true

Yes, it is 1000% true that "The majority of CNYers want to roll out of bed and have the game in their living rooms." Make broad generalizations much?

You've got to be kidding me. You don't get it. I happened to grow up in NY State, 5 miles from the French Canadian border. Who do you think the hockey team of choice was up there? The Montreal Canadiens (distance: 60 miles) or the NY Rangers (distance: 400 miles). Remember I grew up in NY State. Of course distance matters.

Who's talking about what team someone roots for? You're correct, who someone roots for may have to do with distance and sometimes it doesn't. But that wasn't the topic I was responding too..