Bud Poliquin Retiring from P-S | Syracusefan.com

Bud Poliquin Retiring from P-S

I'm getting hammered tonight to celibate.
tenor.gif

Can he take Brent Axe with him.
Both are great journalists, love Brent. And personally I know Bud, he seems to be an old curmudgeon when you read his stuff, but he is actually a pretty nice guy, and has an amazing sports mind.

Both are great journalists, love Brent. And personally I know Bud, he seems to be an old curmudgeon when you read his stuff, but he is actually a pretty nice guy, and has an amazing sports mind.

so like... our coach?

And so, as many have gone before him, the intrepid reporter, who enjoyed a whiz bang career in the city, borne of salt, finds his career, ballyhooed by some, reviled by others, at an end. And while many have disliked this laddy buck's stylistic idiosyncrasies, which set him apart from his fellow compatriots toiling in thankless obscurity behind steampunk typewriters, his op ed pieces never failed to elicit reactions from his central, New York, a,u,d,i,e,n,c,e. And at the end of the day, as the span of a career transitions from daytime to a plumb twilight, on ebon wings towards retirement, is that not the true measure of a journalist? The answer is no.

And so, as many have gone before him, the intrepid reporter, who enjoyed a whiz bang career in the city, borne of salt, finds his career, ballyhooed by some, reviled by others, at an end. And while many have disliked this laddy buck's stylistic idiosyncrasies, which set him apart from his fellow compatriots toiling in thankless obscurity behind steampunk typewriters, his op ed pieces never failed to elicit reactions from his central, New York, a,u,d,i,e,n,c,e. And at the end of the day, as the span of a career transitions from daytime to a plumb twilight, on ebon wings towards retirement, is that not the true measure of a journalist? The answer is no.
This was so good, I couldn't even read it to the end.

My first thought was this is another April fool's joke.

I would give anything to hear JB comment on this

Like his work or not, he was always a nice guy. Sounds like he has been dealing with illness within his family. Too bad people are so mean.

Like his work or not, he was always a nice guy. Sounds like he has been dealing with illness within his family. Too bad people are so mean.
He was a click bait troll writer. Who wrote like he despised his audience and acted like he was objective.
Contrarian writers suck. I say hit the road Bud and hope we never hear from him ever again.
His coverage made liking sports miserable. These type of writers suck and the faster this style is gone actual sports fans can enjoy sports for the entertainment they are.
Bud did nothing in his writing to care what the fanbase truly thought and wrote to anger them and keep himself relevant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom