Buddy and Sam | Syracusefan.com

Buddy and Sam

DirtDog44

Walk On
I don't know about you guys but I want both of these players on our future roster. Forget the last names...they can flat out play and shoot. Athleticism is an issue but we will have enough of that on our roster moving forward. Let's get these players wrapped up yesterday!!

You can never have enough shooters.

Glad that it seems like we won't have to use a scholarship on Buddy. Under those circumstances, it is a real value add. Sam seems like a similar player -- does he have high major D1 potential? Does he have the same kind of upside as his brother?

You can never have enough shooters.

Glad that it seems like we won't have to use a scholarship on Buddy. Under those circumstances, it is a real value add. Sam seems like a similar player -- does he have high major D1 potential? Does he have the same kind of upside as his brother?
No. He doesn't. Good shooter though.

I don't know about you guys but I want both of these players on our future roster. Forget the last names...they can flat out play and shoot. Athleticism is an issue but we will have enough of that on our roster moving forward. Let's get these players wrapped up yesterday!!
If you forget last names you might want Buddy. Might.

I'm actually quoting someone that is VERY CLOSE to Sam.

For argument's sake, let's say you're quoting Leo (no need to confirm or deny). Do you think Leo, or a person like Leo, would have said, or did say, Andy was high D-1 caliber back when he was a senior in high school?

For argument's sake, let's say you're quoting Leo (no need to confirm or deny). Do you think Leo, or a person like Leo, would have said, or did say, Andy was high D-1 caliber back when he was a senior in high school?

There are different levels of players, it's not just D1 P5 quality and everybody else. Even if Andy was a 2 or 3 star, Sam could be a 1 star or no star and a lot further away than Andy was.

Yes. He would have. I mean if it was a person like Leo. I would think this person would think that Sam could play D-1. Just not Syracuse D-1.

Yes. He would have. I mean if it was a person like Leo. I would think this person would think that Sam could play D-1. Just not Syracuse D-1.

Fair enough

There are different levels of players, it's not just D1 P5 quality and everybody else. Even if Andy was a 2 or 3 star, Sam could be a 1 star or no star and a lot further away than Andy was.

I thought Andy was basically unranked?

I thought Andy was basically unranked?

I was using it as an example, I don't think he was star ranked at all, but just because he panned out really doesn't mean that Sam or any other unranked is going to flourish at Syracuse or anywhere else.

Sam didn't produce much during the AAU season so not sure why people think he can play here.

I was using it as an example, I don't think he was star ranked at all, but just because he panned out really doesn't mean that Sam or any other unranked is going to flourish at Syracuse or anywhere else.

That's true. I wasn't arguing that Sam would pan out just because Andy did; I'm just trying to reconcile what I've heard about Sammy's game vs. the assertion that he's not on Andy's level. He's more athletic than Andy was, from what I've heard, and he shoots just as well. Andy has maybe an inch on him. So perhaps it's bball IQ that separates them, that's fine. Just curious why everyone is so positive Sam isn't even close to D1 or high D1 caliber.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom