Buddy Boeheim describes Orange’s Covid pause in radio spots: ‘Last year was a lot worse’ | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim describes Orange’s Covid pause in radio spots: ‘Last year was a lot worse’

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

In two different appearances on Monday, Syracuse University guard Buddy Boeheim described the past week as the Orange basketball program cancelled two games and went on a Covid pause.

Boeheim said that he and several other players tested positive for the coronavirus last week. The multiple positive tests resulted in Syracuse having to cancel last Saturday’s game against Lehigh and a game against Cornell that was scheduled for Tuesday.

Boeheim indicated that his brother, Jimmy, and senior forward Cole Swider were the first players to test positive.

Boeheim said more players tested positive on Thursday, including himself and starting guard Joe Girard.

In two different appearances on Monday, Syracuse University guard Buddy Boeheim described the past week as the Orange basketball program cancelled two games and went on a Covid pause.

Boeheim said that he and several other players tested positive for the coronavirus last week. The multiple positive tests resulted in Syracuse having to cancel last Saturday’s game against Lehigh and a game against Cornell that was scheduled for Tuesday.

Boeheim indicated that his brother, Jimmy, and senior forward Cole Swider were the first players to test positive.

Boeheim said more players tested positive on Thursday, including himself and starting guard Joe Girard.

Damn.

I wonder if any of these guys were able to get the booster?

It probably hasn't even been 6 months since their 2nd shots.

I read that Duke hopes to have all their players boosted by the end of January. I assume SU is in the same situaction.

I read that Duke hopes to have all their players boosted by the end of January. I assume SU is in the same situaction.
Duke is requiring all students and staff to get the booster by the end of January... They just sent out a communication to all employees this morning.

Duke is requiring all students and staff to get the booster by the end of January... They just sent out a communication to all employees this morning.
SU is also requiring student boosters before they come back for the spring semester.

Cornell outbreak was faculty driven from what I've heard. Su needs to force/push faculty booster compliance too.

You think they’re stupid? Why require students to get the booster but not anyone else they come into contact with? Everyone, students, staff and faculty have to receive the booster and provide proof prior to the start of the second semester on Jan 18.

You think they’re stupid? Why require students to get the booster but not anyone else they come into contact with? Everyone, students, staff and faculty have to receive the booster and provide proof prior to the start of the second semester on Jan 18.
Calm down and put your pom poms away. I have no idea on anyone's intelligence (though if you think everything SU has done, has been done intelligently,...). I am relating a piece of information that I trust, that it was professionals not students that caused Cornell's latest shut down.

any ideas whether Georgia tech game will happen?

I’d assume all our guys will have recovered and be negative by then

I wonder if they caught this solely because of their screening regimen or were team members ill and then tested. Were any players actually showing any symtpms in other words.

Good for them.

Calm down and put your pom poms away. I have no idea on anyone's intelligence (though if you think everything SU has done, has been done intelligently,...). I am relating a piece of information that I trust, that it was professionals not students that caused Cornell's latest shut down.

I wasn’t responding to your Cornell comment. I was responding to your SU comment.

I wasn’t responding to your Cornell comment. I was responding to your SU comment.
Newhouser only made one post in this thread before the one you are responding to. You may be confusing him with a different poster.

Newhouser only made one post in this thread before the one you are responding to. You may be confusing him with a different poster.

And that’s the one post I was responding too.

And as it relates to COVID since that’s what you were posting about, SU has done a great job on campus, with the exception of not enforcing their dome mandate.

And as it relates to COVID since that’s what you were posting about, SU has done a great job on campus, with the exception of not enforcing their dome mandate.
Rah rah

I agree with this.

Since I have a daughter at SU, I have seen, and read, every Covid-related communication and, therefore, have a really good handle on all the actions that were taken.

SU has done a phenomenal job.

I agree with this.

Since I have a daughter at SU, I have seen, and read, every Covid-related communication and, therefore, have a really good handle on all the actions that were taken.

SU has done a phenomenal job.

Phenomenal. It’s been a 24/7 effort doing what they can to protect the students and staff. College campuses aren’t easy especially with the living situations.

I wonder if they caught this solely because of their screening regimen or were team members ill and then tested. Were any players actually showing any symtpms in other words.
We just recently had a discussion in another thread about how we don't set screens well. Maybe all of this could've been avoided with better technique. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom