Buddy Boeheim describes Orange’s Covid pause in radio spots: ‘Last year was a lot worse’ | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim describes Orange’s Covid pause in radio spots: ‘Last year was a lot worse’

So I guess these are all "breakthrough" cases.

Buddy -> covid last season -> assuming 2 shots -> breakthrough (lesser symptoms)

Makes sense from a virus point of view...a virus can't continue if it kills the host too quickly or can't replicate fast enough...looks like we'll be having yearly boosters for the foreseeable future.

So I guess these are all "breakthrough" cases.

Buddy -> covid last season -> assuming 2 shots -> breakthrough (lesser symptoms)

Makes sense from a virus point of view...a virus can't continue if it kills the host too quickly or can't replicate fast enough...looks like we'll be having yearly boosters for the foreseeable future.

I thought there was a very good segment on Meet the Press this past Sunday. A segment had (if I recall correctly) the governor of Colorado on with Todd. In short, basically stated that like other childhood vaccinations, Diphtheria and the like, required 3 immunization shots and that's what is needed with Covid. Afterwards, the likelihood of dying or being severely sick from Covid is extremely low, not risk free as nothing in life is, however, very close based upon the current data to date. He mentioned how the "booster" terminology is problematic and how health, government officials, etc. need to move away from this language.

Earlier in the show, Todd had Dr. Fauci on, and he stated that it probably won't be long before the CDC adopts the "fully vaccinated" being 3 shots vs. 2.

any ideas whether Georgia tech game will happen?

I’d assume all our guys will have recovered and be negative by then
there hoping to return to practice at least some of the players later this week

Also from the article: "Instead, the players who can travel have gone home and are scheduled to return to campus Thursday."
What are the chances they get Covid traveling home and will need to cancel more games?

I believe the COVID quarrantine period for those that have tested positive is 10 days. If some players were positive Thursday, Dec 16th then they would be able to return to practice Sunday, Dec 26th. Some players likely tested positive a day or two later. We play Ga Tech Wed Dec 29th so most should be available but not a lot of practice time

Cuse

I believe the COVID quarrantine period for those that have tested positive is 10 days. If some players were positive Thursday, Dec 16th then they would be able to return to practice Sunday, Dec 26th. Some players likely tested positive a day or two later. We play Ga Tech Wed Dec 29th so most should be available but not a lot of practice time

Cuse
It’s 10 days from a positive test if you showed no symptoms, but if you had symptoms, then it’s 10 days from when you first showed.

My parents and I caught the virus the first week of December and this was the protocol.

I agree with this.

Since I have a daughter at SU, I have seen, and read, every Covid-related communication and, therefore, have a really good handle on all the actions that were taken.

SU has done a phenomenal job.
Same here. SU has handled covid far better than most colleges. I include everyone at SU in this-leadership, faculty, staff, students. The testing and tracing protocols have done a great job at identifying positives and notifying and isolating close contacts until they test negative 2x. My daughter has had to go through this drill multiple times this semester, but they've been able to stem any meaningful spread without shutting down. She has been able to attend classes, work on campus, have a social life, and not really have to disrupt her life too much.

Just curious, what has SU done that Cornell obviously failed to do? My niece goes to Cornell and came home recently with COVID. She was not happy with the school, but not sure why exactly (other than results of tests taking too long). Glad to hear SU is doing a good job.

Just curious, what has SU done that Cornell obviously failed to do? My niece goes to Cornell and came home recently with COVID. She was not happy with the school, but not sure why exactly (other than results of tests taking too long). Glad to hear SU is doing a good job.

I have no idea what Cornell does or doesn’t do but sometimes it’s just dumb luck or bad timing. I do know they have a well thought of testing program. Don’t know how long it takes though.

I have no idea what Cornell does or doesn’t do but sometimes it’s just dumb luck or bad timing. I do know they have a well thought of testing program. Don’t know how long it takes though.
You do know that they shut the campus down and sent everyone home, right? If not, not worries, but that's where they are with things. It was a mass exodus as I understand it. My neice was sent home, so she was covid positive on an airplane back to Georgia. So many wrong things about that, especially coming home to her father (my brother in law) who has parkinsons.

You do know that they shut the campus down and sent everyone home, right? If not, not worries, but that's where they are with things. It was a mass exodus as I understand it. My neice was sent home, so she was covid positive on an airplane back to Georgia. So many wrong things about that, especially coming home to her father (my brother in law) who has parkinsons.

Yes I do know they shut down. I’m sure it was because of the sheer numbers. But I don’t know what they did or didn’t do to cause those numbers.

Yes I do know they shut down. I’m sure it was because of the sheer numbers. But I don’t know what they did or didn’t do to cause those numbers.
I don't really either, but according to my niece (so don't put too much stock into this - although she's an actual level headed college student), students were having to wait way too long to get their results. Therefore, many were walking around positive while having COVID (much like what happened in 2020). Therefore, it spread like wild fire.

I don't really either, but according to my niece (so don't put too much stock into this - although she's an actual level headed college student), students were having to wait way too long to get their results. Therefore, many were walking around positive while having COVID (much like what happened in 2020). Therefore, it spread like wild fire.
I think every school is trying and have similar yet unique challenges that also require a great deal of luck. Bottom line is students and staff are out in the world where they aren't always being watched. It's a crapshoot. You can improve your odds but still a crap shoot.

It’s called Omicron. There’s not a lot you can you to avoid it unless your boosted.