Buddy Boeheim Redshirt? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim Redshirt?

This guy is awful. His show sucks and is worse than Lindsleys and he sucks on the manchild show.

There are about 50 people that post on this board I'd rather listen to talk sports than this dolt.

I've never listened to somebody who's so clueless be given pretty much two shows to spout his nonsense.

Agree. I finally had to turn off notifications to the syracusefan.com Facebook page because he was constantly posting links. Buddy may very well redshirt but there is absolutely nothing in the article that convinced me that it was "likely" at this point.

Agree. I finally had to turn off notifications to the syracusefan.com Facebook page because he was constantly posting links. Buddy may very well redshirt but there is absolutely nothing in the article that convinced me that it was "likely" at this point.

And it always seems to be information that I had 2 days earlier by following the forums here.

Worse than Lindsley? That is quite a statement.

Far worse. Lindsley had non popular takes but knows sports. This guy you have to question if he's ever watched a game in his life.

This guy is awful. His show sucks and is worse than Lindsleys and he sucks on the manchild show.

There are about 50 people that post on this board I'd rather listen to talk sports than this dolt.

I've never listened to somebody who's so clueless be given pretty much two shows to spout his nonsense.

Wait, the person who wrote that has a media job? Holy crap.

I’ve never gotten anything insightful from the local radio shows that I didn’t see here well beforehand.

Had to read after your review.

A short article and the conclusion starts with “well we have essesentially 2 deep at every position and I haven’t even mentioned Buddy’s name”. Well 9 players is not a 2 deep for a 5 person team. And he didn’t mention the other freshman Braswell (other forward would have made it an ACTUAL 2 deep).

Clown show

Wait, the person who wrote that has a media job? Holy crap.

Not only that, but he is on pretty much all day, 10am till noon then 3-6. I now listen to Pandora all day instead of sports radio.

Had to read after your review.

A short article and the conclusion starts with “well we have essesentially 2 deep at every position and I haven’t even mentioned Buddy’s name”. Well 9 players is not a 2 deep for a 5 person team. And he didn’t mention the other freshman Braswell (other forward would have made it an ACTUAL 2 deep).

Clown show

Brings me back to Lindsley, may have had hotter takes but he at least did research and watched the games.

Not only that, but he is on pretty much all day, 10am till noon then 3-6. I now listen to Pandora all day instead of sports radio.

The only two sports talk programs I listen to are PMT and Lebatard.

I guess it’s telling that the only sports talk radio programs I listen to are ones that make fun of sports talk radio

The only two sports talk programs I listen to are PMT and Lebatard.

I guess it’s telling that the only sports talk radio programs I listen to are ones that make fun of sports talk radio

I do like Lebatard, but during basketball season I try listening to local stations to hear about our team more.

I do like Lebatard, but during basketball season I try listening to local stations to hear about our team more.

Yeah I tried that a few years back with Lindsley. It didnt go well.

Cant u techincally redshirt than burn it if you need it and reactive the player??

Cant u techincally redshirt than burn it if you need it and reactive the player??

I don't think you technically redshirt until after the season has concluded and you've met the requirements for a redshirt. What people are doing is declaring their intent to sit out in order to redshirt. At least that is my understanding.

Let them practice together and see the chemistry of the players. Let's face it, if shots ain't falling you need a shooter and if you can't penetrate vs man to man you need a guy to do that. Shooting to me is the biggest need and rebounding. Of course HW's knee may play a part in this too as others have said...and Sid's too.

If Hughes is as good as a lot of people say his sliding between 2 and 3 is going to push minutes from Carey and Boeheim. What I'd like to see is a guy on the bench that is good but can't get the minutes due to the starters being better but yet being pushed hard by the player on the bench. Coach B has his work cut out for him in a very good way and I'll be thrilled if he can keep the whole team happy (no transfers) while winning a lot of games as well.

I would love to see this team be able to rebound/steal and be efficient on multiple 2 on 1 and 3 on 2's. If any of the young guys are doing this...I want them in the game as much as possible.

But didn't you hear? Oshae Brissett is the next LBJ

At this point nothing would surprise me. We know boeheim isn't going to play more than 8 once his rotation gets set (if that). And it seems frank, tyus, jalen are the backcourt, ob, marek and hughes the forwards, plus the 2 centers. So it'll probably just come down to whether it looks like buddy can compete against carey for minutes or not. If carey clearly is going to get those 10 or 15 minutes a game spelling frank and tyus, why burn a year of buddy's eligibility?

Buddy might win us 2 or 3 games this year off the bench. If anybody redshirts, I'm guessing it will be Washington, so as not to rush his recovery.

I'm setting the over under on Buddy made threes next season at 25.5. Whatcha got?

That's a lot - almost one a game. Freshman Ennis (who had the ball basically all the time) made 30.

Absent injuries, I just don't see make-a-three-pointer-a-game as a role that exists within the Boeheim system.

I think the best historical reference for Buddy is Andy Rautins. Great shooters, very close to the program, not terribly highly recruited, several guards in front of them has freshmen. Rautins made 15 three pointers as a frosh. That seems about right.

The other guy you might look at is MCW. Obviously different players, but MCW was probably the most recent fourth guard to actually get minutes. He only made 25 field goals of any type.

That's a lot - almost one a game. Freshman Ennis (who had the ball basically all the time) made 30.

Absent injuries, I just don't see make-a-three-pointer-a-game as a role that exists within the Boeheim system.

I think the best historical reference for Buddy is Andy Rautins. Great shooters, very close to the program, not terribly highly recruited, several guards in front of them has freshmen. Rautins made 15 three pointers as a frosh. That seems about right.

The other guy you might look at is MCW. Obviously different players, but MCW was probably the most recent fourth guard to actually get minutes. He only made 25 field goals of any type.

Buddy was recruited more than Rautins. He got a Gonzaga offer and other P5 schools were interested. Better player at the same age too. That said it's an uphill battle for him to climb based on the depth chart.

I'm setting the over under on Buddy made threes next season at 25.5. Whatcha got?

Nice. Under. Also under the 25 makes and 56 attempts and 179 minutes racked up a few years back by a popular super-freshman on a team with good guards ahead of him.

This Buddy-love will be one of the most hilarious Syracusefan memes to look back on years from now. Sure as he's playing 98% zone and not pressing with a lead, Jim Boeheim's not finding consistent minutes for a fourth guard this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom