Buddy Boeheim Redshirt? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy Boeheim Redshirt?

That's a lot - almost one a game. Freshman Ennis (who had the ball basically all the time) made 30.

Absent injuries, I just don't see make-a-three-pointer-a-game as a role that exists within the Boeheim system.

I think the best historical reference for Buddy is Andy Rautins. Great shooters, very close to the program, not terribly highly recruited, several guards in front of them has freshmen. Rautins made 15 three pointers as a frosh. That seems about right.

The other guy you might look at is MCW. Obviously different players, but MCW was probably the most recent fourth guard to actually get minutes. He only made 25 field goals of any type.
My assumption, and it may be a terrible one, is that Buddy will pretty much exclusively shoot threes when he shoots at all.

My assumption, and it may be a terrible one, is that Buddy will pretty much exclusively shoot threes when he shoots at all.

Definitely possible.

I think he's likely to get almost entirely developmental (i.e., early season cupcakes) and garbage-time minutes. In those situations, I'm not sure he just throws up 3s.

Nice. Under. Also under the 25 makes and 56 attempts and 179 minutes racked up a few years back by a popular super-freshman on a team with good guards ahead of him.

This Buddy-love will be one of the most hilarious Syracusefan memes to look back on years from now. Sure as he's playing 98% zone and not pressing with a lead, Jim Boeheim's not finding consistent minutes for a fourth guard this season.

If we are getting zoned, I can see him getting time. He's probably the best pure shooter on the team, in terms of his mechanics.

Agree with Otto that Buddy will be a situational player to spot up and shoot 3s. Doubtful there will be a lot of opportunity for him to be on the floor for protracted periods of time.

I dont know about redshirting, I'm just wondering if Boeheim will get Boeheimed? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom