Buddy or Trevor | Syracusefan.com

Buddy or Trevor

20Plus

Who you taking? I know Buddy has played only one exhibition game but...

Buddy has better offensive skills in every facet. Trevor is much better on defense and stronger.

What surprised me most about Buddy was his pull up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor had more responsibilities but I would take Buddy as he’s more of a sniper

Who you taking? I know Byddy has played only one exhibition game but...

Buddy has better offensive skills in every facet. Trevor is much better on defense and stronger.

Trevor was a warrior Buddy is going to prove to be a much better shooter.

How about we let him play at least one regular season game (or for that matter, one season) before we compare him to a guy who stands 3rd in career 3 pt shots made, and is top 10 in games played for Syracuse?
1540651891409.gif

Hope Buddy can live up to the expectations that seem to be being set for him.

Who you taking? I know Byddy has played only one exhibition game but...

2FF

Let’s hope that Buddy is as good as Trevor was. Senior players that are borderline NBA players typically lead to lots of wins. I don’t think he is going to get a lot of minutes this year though.

I have to admit to being very impressed with Buddy’s game. His shooting form looks perfect and like Mason said, his footwork looks great. Does not look like a freshman at all.

I think he will by the end of his career. That shot looks too pure for him not to be a major factor here.

As for this year: he’s our 4th guard. And we should remember that James Southerland once hit like 8 3’s in an exhibition very early in his career. Pretty sure he either sat the bench or redshirted that season? I don’t think Buddy will be scoring 20 or whatever in a real game this season. I think later in his career it will happen often though.

They are at least being set up by us and not by one of the coaches. For those of us who saw the game, we are believing our own eyes. People who haven’t watched probably have no opinion, or sit around fretting about how bad his being the coach’s son is going to be for team dynamics.

Have some of us been pleasantly surprised and gotten our hopes up? Sure! But we are EXTREMELY SAVVY on this board and know there are many games aheadI. For me, it’s so far, so great.

They are at least being set up by us and not by one of the coaches. For those of us who saw the game, we are believing our own eyes. People who haven’t watched probably have no opinion, or sit around fretting about how bad his being the coach’s son is going to be for team dynamics.

Have some of us been pleasantly surprised and gotten our hopes up? Sure! But we are EXTREMELY SAVVY on this board and know there are many games aheadI. For me, it’s so far, so great.

I have to say that while I expected him to be a deadeye shooter...I didn’t realize that he’s got a solid frame on him, and that he had a little bit of an off the dribble game already too.

I thought he’d be skinner. He’s got some muscle on him for a freshman guard. And he looked to be a legit 6’5 to me?

The coaching staff screwed Cooney.
They aren’t going to screw Buddy.
Cooney shouldn’t have had the burden he had because he wasn’t that type of player. Buddy won’t have that burden .
It’s simple if Cooney player less MPG he was fine. He just played superstar minutes which he wasn’t close to that type of player.
Buddy will never play superstar minutes for 3 seasons. He may get some games in the 30s as a upperclassmen but not as a Sophomore for 3 years in a row.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom