pattycuse
JarHeadJim
samspann1
buffalorange
shandeezy7
syrBossHogg
upperdeck
SgtCuse

Well - we’re 4 practices into the new season - time for a fresh thread.

Sounds like Allen has a solid command of the offense and is going through his progressions consistently. His big arm flashes daily. Sounds like still some inaccuracy and a case of the yips on the short stuff from time to time. Overall it sounds like we should feel confident that his game has grown in the off-season and the chances of more consistent play are to be expected.

Sounds like Smoke Brown could be a dynamic factor in the passing game. Brown seemingly is getting rave reviews, from every tweeting/talking head, in every aspect of route running - what I continue to hear and read is that he is consistently “creating separation” at every level.

Beasley and Singletary may end up being huge cogs in this team’s offense when all is said and done. Beasley because the staff wants to use his unique skill set and Singletary because he’s so good that he may force the staffs hand on who should be getting the bulk of touches out of the backfield.

Sounds like it will be Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Feliciano, Ford on the Oline for now... with Long pushing at RG and Nsekhe pushing at RT. Still early in the battle though with limited padded practices. Just on paper alone you have to feel so SOOO much better about the talent and depth along the line this year as compared to last year. Giving Allen some extra pocket security and a dependable running game will pay big dividends for Allen’s development and, ultimately, this team’s success.

Sounds as though Edmunds has been eager to lead and learn. The staff thinks the world of this kid and he has a year under his belt now to go along with his freak size and athleticism. A big year from him could make this defense even stingier.

The depth at DB may be best in NFL. White, Hyde, & Poyer are all pro bowl level performers. The battle for CB2 between Wallace and K. Johnson has been hot and supposedly both players have shown well. EJ Gaines and T. Johnson have both excelled in this system when called upon. That’s a helluva set of CB’s! I also love the potential of our young back up safeties (Neal & Johnson.). Marlowe is a solid player and Coleman is older but he has had some big seasons in this league.

Sounds like Murphy is healthy again and looking good along the Dline. Hughes has still got it, Oliver is as twitchy and quick as advertised. Would still love to trade for a franchise D-End.

TE injuries have been troubling. Love the potential of Knox. Wish that Kroft was at camp developing chemistry with Allen.

Anyways - pumped for the season - if Allen makes a solid jump, anything below a playoff appearance would be disappointing. If he makes a big leap, we could compete for the division, imo.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Last edited:
Same as Cuse. If the Soph QB is up to the challenge then they should be playing December games that matter.

Singletary gonna be super fun to watch. Wonder if they'll develop any plays for him as a slot receiver. As a RB he Has to be thrown to in the flat as a primary or secondary option. Not sure, but I recall they called his number so many times in college that he didn't play as a KR or PR. Might shine there.

I wasn't thrilled about the Singletary draft pick but I'm getting a feeling he is going to make my look stupid and I'd love it. The OL will definitely be improved. Quite frankly, Ducasse, Bodine and Mills are not NFL starters. Glad Allen didn't get killed.

Every year I tell myself not to get overly excited by reports out of camp...and I fail every year. Love the reports that Allen has progressed and just as important seems to be developing nice chemistry with Beasley and Brown. I am confident that the defense will show up (maybe not an elite unit, but top half of the league)- if the OL comes together, giving time for Allen and the WRs...could be a fun year for once. But the line HAS to be better than last year. I am confident with Ford and Morse that it will.

I feel like I live in some strange early 90s vortex right now- The Orange coming off a ten win season and the Bills potentially being relevant? How did we get here??

Circle the Wagons!

Soooo is this the year they make the playoffs? Or is it Lucy pulling the football again?

Got to beat the Patriots in regular season if you want that playoff spot.

No reason why Bills should not beat Miami and NYJ twice. Steal one from NE and they are halfway to a playoff spot.

Being realistic, I can see wins over the Giants and Bengals. It'll be a quick start and then a slow fade. Denver, possible win. Redskins, Browns as maybe.

That's ten if you sweep Miami and NYJ while stealing one from NE.

I just don't see that happening.

Sounds like Ford at RT may be a concern, sounded like Murphy was abusing him Saturday. Wasn't there some concern prior to the draft with him at Tackle, may be a long term solution at guard which is fine. Still very early though. Aren't they paying the tackle from the redskins pretty good $, nice to have options.

Hopefully, Allen can figure out how to use Beasley effectively.

Soooo is this the year they make the playoffs? Or is it Lucy pulling the football again?

Got to beat the Patriots in regular season if you want that playoff spot.

No reason why Bills should not beat Miami and NYJ twice. Steal one from NE and they are halfway to a playoff spot.

Being realistic, I can see wins over the Giants and Bengals. It'll be a quick start and then a slow fade. Denver, possible win. Redskins, Browns as maybe.

That's ten if you sweep Miami and NYJ while stealing one from NE.

I just don't see that happening.

They did make the playoffs 2 years ago, FWIW.

Some random thoughts semi-related to reports from camp:

1. Love what I'm hearing about Allen and I still love him as a prospect. Having said that, it's a lot easier to stand in the pocket and go through progressions when the defense isn't allowed to hit you; cautiously optimistic but that's all I'm going to be until we see it in real games. I've always been high on him though and still am.

2. The reviews of Singletary remind me of this chart that I put together back when I was doing my scouting for the draft:

3. I was pretty stoked to get Cole Beasley; not quite as happy as I would have been with Adam Humphries, but I think we desperately needed a slot guy like Beasley. I think he has a shot to lead the team in receiving this year.

4. How many WRs, RBs, and TEs do we all expect the team to keep? My guess has been 4 RBs, 3 TEs, and 5 or 6 WRs. If it's only 5 WRs, I think one of Zay/Foster gets cut/traded. Brown, Beasley, and Roberts seem to be locks for this team. I think Ray Ray has the edge to fill the backup slot WR role. Then you're left with Foster/Zay competing to start on the outside opposite John Brown. The other possibility is Zay filling in as the backup slot guy but it seems like the team is still focused on developing him as an outside receiver. If they end up keeping 6 WRs, none of this really matters, but I'm kinda curious about it.

5. Based on the reviews so far, it sounds like a decent chance that we end up having an extra quality corner to trade someone for an additional draft pick or a player at another spot.

6. I think Lee Smith or Tommy Sweeney are going to play a lot more snaps than people realize; I wouldn't be surprised if one of them leads the team in TE snaps. The Belichick tree values TEs that can block. Those two can, with Lee Smith being one of the best in the league in that regard.

7. With the injury to Kroft and the less serious, but still nagging injuries to Croom, I would like to once again make my case for a Bills-Cam Brate trade. Lee Smith and Tommy Sweeney have the blocking role down, but Brate is a receiving weapon that this team does not currently possess at the TE spot (unless Knox is just more ready than I expect him to be). OJ Howard has ascended and become one of the better TEs in the NFL. Brate is a very highly paid backup TE for them and could really help this team a lot IMO, as aside from Beasley, I don't think any of our offense weapons are great in the middle of the field.

1. Love what I'm hearing about Allen and I still love him as a prospect. Having said that, it's a lot easier to stand in the pocket and go through progressions when the defense isn't allowed to hit you; cautiously optimistic but that's all I'm going to be until we see it in real games. I've always been high on him though and still am.

2. The reviews of Singletary remind me of this chart that I put together back when I was doing my scouting for the draft:
View attachment 168019

3. I was pretty stoked to get Cole Beasley; not quite as happy as I would have been with Adam Humphries, but I think we desperately needed a slot guy like Beasley. I think he has a shot to lead the team in receiving this year.

4. How many WRs, RBs, and TEs do we all expect the team to keep? My guess has been 4 RBs, 3 TEs, and 5 or 6 WRs. If it's only 5 WRs, I think one of Zay/Foster gets cut/traded. Brown, Beasley, and Roberts seem to be locks for this team. I think Ray Ray has the edge to fill the backup slot WR role. Then you're left with Foster/Zay competing to start on the outside opposite John Brown. The other possibility is Zay filling in as the backup slot guy but it seems like the team is still focused on developing him as an outside receiver. If they end up keeping 6 WRs, none of this really matters, but I'm kinda curious about it.

5. Based on the reviews so far, it sounds like a decent chance that we end up having an extra quality corner to trade someone for an additional draft pick or a player at another spot.

6. I think Lee Smith or Tommy Sweeney are going to play a lot more snaps than people realize; I wouldn't be surprised if one of them leads the team in TE snaps. The Belichick tree values TEs that can block. Those two can, with Lee Smith being one of the best in the league in that regard.

7. With the injury to Kroft and the less serious, but still nagging injuries to Croom, I would like to once again make my case for a Bills-Cam Brate trade. Lee Smith and Tommy Sweeney have the blocking role down, but Brate is a receiving weapon that this team does not currently possess at the TE spot (unless Knox is just more ready than I expect him to be). OJ Howard has ascended and become one of the better TEs in the NFL. Brate is a very highly paid backup TE for them and could really help this team a lot IMO, as aside from Beasley, I don't think any of our offense weapons are great in the middle of the field.

Brate is one of the most underrated red zone touchdown scorers in the league, from any position.

View attachment 168019

4. I’ve also been curious about the number of RB’s and WR’s we keep.

I had been thinking 7 WR’s was a possibility but now I’m pretty sure it will be 6.

Brown
Beasley
Zay
Foster
Roberts
RayRay/McKenzie

I think 4 RB’s is a guarantee - you could see 5 depending on how special teams shakes out.

Shady
Gore
Singletary
Yeldon/Murphy
Perry

6 & 7. I wouldn’t give up picks for Brate - I’d do a player foe player swap but it feels like we already have 5 NFL caliber TE’s. All have deficiencies or are inexperienced but you have to be excited about the possibilities. Croom’s days are seemingly numbered unless he comes back from his injury with a vengeance.

Why did the Bills chase Sills so hard as well as a UDFA at the end of the draft, doesn't sound like hes doing much so far but it seems like they are high on him as well but who knows.

I think Josh will be much improved this year but how much is the question and I maintain despite what all the national media is coming up with, other than Baker the verdict is still out on all the 2nd year QB's. I would still take Allen over any of them other than Mayfield. I think the help at OL and WR should help a ton.

Why did the Bills chase Sills so hard as well as a UDFA at the end of the draft, doesn't sound like hes doing much so far but it seems like they are high on him as well but who knows.

I think Josh will be much improved this year but how much is the question and I maintain despite what all the national media is coming up with, other than Baker the verdict is still out on all the 2nd year QB's. I would still take Allen over any of them other than Mayfield. I think the help at OL and WR should help a ton.

I don't think Sills is particularly special, and it sounds like Ray-Ray has come to camp much-improved, which lessens the importance of Sills even more, but from the sound of it, Sills was one of the more highly sought-after UDFAs out there. A lot of teams were interested and he chose the Bills ultimately. My guess is he ends up on the practice squad, but we'll see.

IncarceratedBob is a proven and well-known boob.

IncarceratedBob is a proven and well-known boob.

I definitely take his stuff with a grain of salt, but I think he's proven to have some decent sources, especially in relation to NYC-based teams.

He's nailed like 3 or 4 breaking news items in the past week or two that he was multiple days ahead of everyone else on. Off the top of my head, he had a read on the Taylor Lewan and Golden Tate suspensions like 4 or 5 days before the news really broke.

The issue is that I think he's more willing to take chances on iffy sourcing/roll with one source rather than getting things confirmed from multiple compared to your established media guys, so he'll naturally get some wrong but also get some right well in advance of other people.

At any rate, he's not the first person to connect the dots between Buffalo and Clowney (which seems to be what is being implied in that tweet). It makes a lot of sense. Having said that, I think I'd pass on him if it's going to cost us a 1st round pick.

I definitely take his stuff with a grain of salt, but I think he's proven to have some decent sources, especially in relation to NYC-based teams.

He's nailed like 3 or 4 breaking news items in the past week or two that he was multiple days ahead of everyone else on. Off the top of my head, he had a read on the Taylor Lewan and Golden Tate suspensions like 4 or 5 days before the news really broke.

The issue is that I think he's more willing to take chances on iffy sourcing/roll with one source rather than getting things confirmed from multiple compared to your established media guys, so he'll naturally get some wrong but also get some right well in advance of other people.

At any rate, he's not the first person to connect the dots between Buffalo and Clowney (which seems to be what is being implied in that tweet). It makes a lot of sense. Having said that, I think I'd pass on him if it's going to cost us a 1st round pick.

Agree. A 1st and a $18-20m a year deal is way too much for a guy that is not really a game changer. He's an above average guy for sure but I don't think he's ever or will ever reach that very top tier that everyone thought he was heading for.

Also wouldn't want to deal a 1st because there is always the chance that the offense doesn't come together and we end up 6-10 and picking somewhere around 8th. Not being a debbie downer but the offense still likely doesn't have 1 above average starter on it besides possibly Morse. Above average being a guy that is top 10-12 guy at their slot.

Curious if anyone here has attended a Dolphins game down there.

Curious if anyone here has attended a Dolphins game down there.

I've been to 5 or 6.

I've been to 5 or 6.
Planning on going to Bills game at Miami on 11/17. Dolphins don't typically sell out do they? Are there seating sections to avoid? Planning to Uber to game from hotel in Fort Lauderdale and take a shuttle after game to Fort Lauderdale. Make sense? Is there a side which is the sun side? How are the concessions? Any general or specific suggestions? Thanks.

Uber should work. They have a big partnership with uber to make it easy. Its like 15-20 miles depending which part of Ft Laud you're in. I don't really recall anything special concession wise. Basics with local stuff avail at normal stadium prices. Tickets should be real easy to come by with the Dolphins looking to be a bottom 5 team and it being later in the season. They put a shade roof on the place a few years ago so most seats have shade and wouldn't expect it to be too bad in mid-Nov. Home side is definitely shaded during afternoon games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom