Buffalo Bills 2019 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2019

Allen looking steady eddy so far.

Lot of passes called.

McKenzie > RayRay
Looked good. Supposedly Josh and RayRay have kind of a rapport. One will make it and one to the practice squad. There were a lot of pretty good looking athletes on both sides of the ball.

Wade just earned that 11th practice squad exemption spot.
Nice run. Several Bills had to tell him he needed to go to the sideline after the play. Might have been waiting for a scrum or something.

I've never really been in support of Zay, even dating back to before they drafted him, but I can't go through another season of watching him drop passes constantly.

Starting defense looked great though, mainly against the run.

Really liked what I saw in limited chances from Singletary. Wade was also crazy fast. I realize it was against far down the depth chart players, but that speed definitely seemed legit.

Team definitely looks like a playoff squad dependent upon the growth of Josh Allen.

The defense has the makings of a Top 5 unit, and the offense is much improved...

7 deep on the OL, all solid players.
Deep stable of rb’s, all can pass catch
TE/WR is a mixed bag but still miles ahead of last year

Trade just announced - DE Eli Harold to the Philadelphia Eagles for OL Ryan Bates

Trade just announced - DE Eli Harold to the Philadelphia Eagles for OL Ryan Bates
Completely forgot that guy was even on the team.

With Jerry Hughes, Shaq Lawson, Trent Murphy and then the rookie Darryl Johnson flashing last night with the 2’s, he was definitely not making the team... Not when you have a guy like Eddie Yarborough running with the 3’s.

Know nothing about Bates, but sounds versatile and maybe we want to develop him on the practice squad.

the rookie Darryl Johnson flashing last night
Guy has all the measurables - the production last night was super exciting. Fingers crossed that he’s a steal.

Really, all the rookies stood out - almost so much that it’d be a risk trying to stash even one on the PS.

Guy has all the measurables - the production last night was super exciting. Fingers crossed that he’s a steal.

Really, all the rookies stood out - almost so much that it’d be a risk trying to stash even one on the PS.
Agreed. I’m taking zero chances on Joseph or Johnson. Joseph should stick for specials, but Johnson has all the measurables of a boom EDGE - I’m taking him over Yarborough if it comes down to it.

Sweeney and Wade are bit dicier. I’d be ok either way they go.

There was noticeable athleticism all over the field. On both sides of the ball. No matter whether starters or backups.

Agreed. I’m taking zero chances on Joseph or Johnson. Joseph should stick for specials, but Johnson has all the measurables of a boom EDGE - I’m taking him over Yarborough if it comes down to it.

Sweeney and Wade are bit dicier. I’d be ok either way they go.
I’ve read and heard Yarborough had fallen behind Love on the depth chart as well. I think he’s on the outside looking in regardless - he’s reached his ceiling.

Right now there isn’t a drafted rookie I would cut.

Here’s my 53 right now:

Q - Allen, Barkley (2)
R - McCoy, Gore, Singletary (3)
F - DiMarco (1)
W - Brown, Beasley, Zay, Foster, Roberts, McKenzie (6)
T - Kroft (PUP), Knox, Smith, Sweeney (4)
OL - Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Ford, Nsecke, Feliciano, Long, Teller, McDermott (9)

DL - Hughes, Star, Oliver, Murphy, Johnson, Phillips, Phillips, Murphy, Lawson, (9)
LB - Milano, Edmunds, Alexander, Thompson, Stanford, Alexander, Joseph (7)
CB - White, Wallace, K. Johnson, Gaines, T. Johnson (5)
S - Poyer, Hyde, Coleman, Johnson, Neal (5)

Specials - Hauschka, Sanborn, Bojo (3)

That’s 54 - with Kroft starting out on the PUP brings it to 53

You’re still cutting NFL caliber players like Marlowe, Murphy, Yeldon, RayRay, Croom

Special teams aces like Lacey, Perry, & Pitts might find a way onto the roster and cost one of the rooks or Teller or McKenzie a spot

And then when Kroft heals up - who goes then? Eventual injuries probably make the decision easier.

This is the best top to bottom roster we’ve had since ‘99. Beane and McDermott have some tough decisions ahead.

Last edited:
Getting the ball to Singletary in space and Allen's development in hitting the underneath routes will be key to this offense.

Getting the ball to Singletary in space and Allen's development in hitting the underneath routes will be key to this offense.
He showed some nice strides in that area last night - poise in the pocket, finding the open guy. I think Beasley is going to have a monster year.

Smoke building on this Clowney to Buffalo thing...

Bills held Ty Nsekhe out of practice today for no apparent reason.

Smoke building on this Clowney to Buffalo thing...

Bills held Ty Nsekhe out of practice today for no apparent reason.
and yet ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom