Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Yoooooooooooo

See you all in the AFC Championship Game!!!

giphy.gif

second week in a row we will have a rest advantage...dont underestimate the importance of that this time of year.

Let’s gooooo!!!!

I was definitely underestimating the winds. Yeesh... Tucker misses two, Bass misses two, punts and simple shotgun snaps being affected.

What a performance by the Defense! Unreal. .

I do believe Allen will start navigating the wind games better with experience, but that was a really tough spot to put it all on his shoulders, against a top defense.

Survive and Advance

On to the AFC championship- feels great to write those words. Couple thoughts:

1) At halftime I was thinking about that AFC championship game in the early 90s against Denver that Buffalo won 10-7. Obviously the Taron Johnson pick-6 draws even stronger parallels now. What a win in tough conditions when the offense wasn’t clicking against a stout defense.

2) The defensive performance last night was incredible. I think what shocked me the most was the amount of pressure the front four generated. Last week I thought I was witnessing the decline of Jerry Hughes in real time- but he was a monster last night. Outside of the last drive where they were content to sit back in a Charmin soft zone, wow did they play great.

3) I remain a little curious on the offense- you can’t argue with results but what happened to our creativity? Outside of the TD play and the third down conversion to Knox on the third quarter- it just doesn’t look or feel the same. I know we are playing against top defenses now but I’d love to know the philosophy. Our WRs must be really banged up.

4) LOL at all those supposed geniuses in the national media who claimed Beane overplayed for Diggs.

5) Fingers crossed that the Browns knock off the Chiefs today and we’re back at the Ralph this week. Exciting to know that we match up well with either squad and have a legit shot at the Super Bowl.

This is going to be a super long week...

So let’s play guess the lines

Assuming everyone important stays healthy .., what will the line be next week if the bills face the chiefs or browns ?

My guess

Chiefs -6.5

If it’s the Browns ...

Bills -3.5

So let’s play guess the lines

Assuming everyone important stays healthy .., what will the line be next week if the bills face the chiefs or browns ?

My guess

Chiefs -6.5

If it’s the Browns ...

Bills -3.5
Read last night that if KC wins, it'll be KC -4.5, and if CLE wins, it'll be BUF -4.5

On to the AFC championship- feels great to write those words. Couple thoughts:

1) At halftime I was thinking about that AFC championship game in the early 90s against Denver that Buffalo won 10-7. Obviously the Taron Johnson pick-6 draws even stronger parallels now. What a win in tough conditions when the offense wasn’t clicking against a stout defense.

2) The defensive performance last night was incredible. I think what shocked me the most was the amount of pressure the front four generated. Last week I thought I was witnessing the decline of Jerry Hughes in real time- but he was a monster last night. Outside of the last drive where they were content to sit back in a Charmin soft zone, wow did they play great.

3) I remain a little curious on the offense- you can’t argue with results but what happened to our creativity? Outside of the TD play and the third down conversion to Knox on the third quarter- it just doesn’t look or feel the same. I know we are playing against top defenses now but I’d love to know the philosophy. Our WRs must be really banged up.

4) LOL at all those supposed geniuses in the national media who claimed Beane overplayed for Diggs.

5) Fingers crossed that the Browns knock off the Chiefs today and we’re back at the Ralph this week. Exciting to know that we match up well with either squad and have a legit shot at the Super Bowl.

This is going to be a super long week...
1. With you on the '92 AFCC game. Shades of Carlton Bailey!
2. Hughes was beastly last night. I'm especially happy for him, having suffered through so many down years as a Bill. IMO, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips and Murphy were all really good last night too.

3. Yeah, another vanilla game plan. I only noticed one play in which we used motion, only one play designed for McKenzie, and only one target for Beasley. Curious to see how we game plan for next week. And why were we taking shots deep downfield if the wind was so bad? Didn't understand the decision to go for the FG, up 17-3, but whatever.

4. I was critical of what we gave up for Diggs, but I'm thrilled to have been 100% wrong on that. Diggs is all that, and then some. He puts DBs on skates every week - so fun to watch.

5. Browns fans are strangely cocky today. I've read plenty of twitter posts today from Browns fans, saying that the KC/CLE game is the AFCC game, that Allen will fold, etc. Pretty comical takes, but we shall see.

1. With you on the '92 AFCC game. Shades of Carlton Bailey!
2. Hughes was beastly last night. I'm especially happy for him, having suffered through so many down years as a Bill. IMO, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips and Murphy were all really good last night too.

3. Yeah, another vanilla game plan. I only noticed one play in which we used motion, only one play designed for McKenzie, and only one target for Beasley. Curious to see how we game plan for next week. And why were we taking shots deep downfield if the wind was so bad? Didn't understand the decision to go for the FG, up 17-3, but whatever.

4. I was critical of what we gave up for Diggs, but I'm thrilled to have been 100% wrong on that. Diggs is all that, and then some. He puts DBs on skates every week - so fun to watch.

5. Browns fans are strangely cocky today. I've read plenty of twitter posts today from Browns fans, saying that the KC/CLE game is the AFCC game, that Allen will fold, etc. Pretty comical takes, but we shall see.

You go for the FG to put you up 3 scores and functionally end the game

Program transformation, things that DIDN'T happen last night...that would have by Bills teams last 20 years

No penalty on 3rd-33 from the 1 yard line by the Defense
No "crack-back" block by Milano in the end-zone on the pick-six, turning a TD into a Safety for them
Even Knox didn't block in the back on a Diggs first down catch in the 4Q

Like purposeful, not stupid stuff. Refreshing