Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2020 Thread

Sounds Allen did well in the scrimmage today. Was against the 2nd team defense but Diggs didn't play either
300 yards passing!

It’s only a scrimmage, but we now know that there isn’t some supernatural presence preventing that from ever happening.

Little surprised but moving on from Hauschka seemed inevitable.

I wonder if there's an extension imminent for Milano or Tre. Def not surprised that they moved on from Hausch but to do it now feels like there's another part to this move.

Little surprised but moving on from Hauschka seemed inevitable.
Agree. You can't have a kicker short-legging 50+ yard FGs in the NFL. No idea if Bass is the answer but Beane locks in a few million in saves against the cap with this move. Hauschka by all accounts seems like a good guy, hope he latches on someplace else.

AllenDiggs.jpeg

Washing cutting peterson.. someone has to need him as a #2,he still ran well last year.

Washing cutting peterson.. someone has to need him as a #2,he still ran well last year.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting scooped up by someone to be a backup (or even a temporary starter like in Chicago while Montgomery is hurt for example).

No room for him here though.

Assuming Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Roberts all have WR spots locked up, who do y’all want for that 6 spot?

I’m going McKenzie. Sounds like he had a good camp, and is the only one of the fringe WR’s that has his own specific package of plays in the, very effective, jet sweeps.

Foster’s size and speed is always enticing, but he just can’t seem to put it together and we already have 3 deep threats on the active roster in Diggs, Brown and Davis (albeit Davis unproven on the NFL level)

Hodgins and Duke give us that big WR, but from camp reports, Gabriel Davis has been described as what they were hoping Duke could be.

I’d absolutely try to stash, at least, Foster on the PS though. Hodgins, I don’t know enough about, and Duke is a guy that I honestly don’t know what to make of, or how other NFL teams may view him if we try to stash on the PS.

Assuming Diggs, Brown, Beasley, Davis and Roberts all have WR spots locked up, who do y’all want for that 6 spot?

I’m going McKenzie. Sounds like he had a good camp, and is the only one of the fringe WR’s that has his own specific package of plays in the, very effective, jet sweeps.

Foster’s size and speed is always enticing, but he just can’t seem to put it together and we already have 3 deep threats on the active roster in Diggs, Brown and Davis (albeit Davis unproven on the NFL level)

Hodgins and Duke give us that big WR, but from camp reports, Gabriel Davis has been described as what they were hoping Duke could be.

I’d absolutely try to stash, at least, Foster on the PS though. Hodgins, I don’t know enough about, and Duke is a guy that I honestly don’t know what to make of, or how other NFL teams may view him if we try to stash on the PS.
McKenzie is a great gadget guy to have in your play calling tool belt. It will be him unless Foster really showed up this summer as both a WR and gunner.

I think Foster is more likely to be scooped up by another team than Duke. Both are likely make it back to the PS imo. You never know though.

With end of the roster guys, I always just assume they will keep whoever is most likely to be a productive guy on special teams.

If it were purely about WR play, I would go with Hodgins personally. Ultimately it's probably just about who the best special teamer is. It's frustrating to me that we may end up keeping two players in Roberts & McKenzie that should really be folded into one role if that. There's no real reason it should be as difficult as the Bills have made it appear to find a player that's capable of catching punts and also running one specific offensive gimmick.

If it were purely about WR play, I would go with Hodgins personally. Ultimately it's probably just about who the best special teamer is. It's frustrating to me that we may end up keeping two players in Roberts & McKenzie that should really be folded into one role if that. There's no real reason it should be as difficult as the Bills have made it appear to find a player that's capable of catching punts and also running one specific offensive gimmick.
Theoretically, I agree. If we truly want the jet sweep component, Andre Roberts should be able to run those... or just run them with Diggs, Brown or Davis.

I do want to keep Roberts though. Something to be said for ball security on punk/kick returns. He also does a good job of tracking the ball, in relation to the field position, as to prevent us from getting pinned back too often.

McKenzie is a great gadget guy to have in your play calling tool belt. It will be him unless Foster really showed up this summer as both a WR and gunner.

I think Foster is more likely to be scooped up by another team than Duke. Both are likely make it back to the PS imo. You never know though.
Foster has size and speed, along with some film. Definitely can’t teach the skills he has.

I think he was dinged up for a lot of camp, but did have a beautiful deep ball connection on the second to last day of camp.

As for gunners, I’m no expert on special teams, but I think we have two gunners ahead of him.

Theoretically, I agree. If we truly want the jet sweep component, Andre Roberts should be able to run those... or just run them with Diggs, Brown or Davis.

I do want to keep Roberts though. Something to be said for ball security on punk/kick returns. He also does a good job of tracking the ball, in relation to the field position, as to prevent us from getting pinned back too often.

I think we pretty much have to keep Roberts because of how bad everyone else has been in that role. Just frustrating that we need a dedicated roster spot to essentially be trusted to catch punts, occasionally return them, and run one very simple offensive role.

I concur that Diggs or Brown should be more than capable of handling the jet sweeps, in which case I guess we just burn a roster spot on Roberts returning kicks, but it just isn't an efficient use of the roster spots and will be worse if McKenzie makes the roster just to run a jet sweep every once in awhile lol.

I think we pretty much have to keep Roberts because of how bad everyone else has been in that role. Just frustrating that we need a dedicated roster spot to essentially be trusted to catch punts, occasionally return them, and run one very simple offensive role.

I concur that Diggs or Brown should be more than capable of handling the jet sweeps, in which case I guess we just burn a roster spot on Roberts returning kicks, but it just isn't an efficient use of the roster spots and will be worse if McKenzie makes the roster just to run a jet sweep every once in awhile lol.
I think the offense will be sufficiently improved that you won't see the jet sweep as much this year. While I have a fondness for Duke, I think decisions may largely be made on who they think they can get on the PS (or if they can get a late round pick in a trade for one of the WRs).

I think the offense will be sufficiently improved that you won't see the jet sweep as much this year. While I have a fondness for Duke, I think decisions may largely be made on who they think they can get on the PS (or if they can get a late round pick in a trade for one of the WRs).

I don't think Duke really offers anything that we don't get from the younger and likely better Hodgins so that's why Hodg would be my choice personally.

I don't think Duke really offers anything that we don't get from the younger and likely better Hodgins so that's why Hodg would be my choice personally.

Ya I like Duke a lot but unless were going 7 deep at WR were going to have to make some tough choices. Clearly Buffalo saw something in Hodgins to draft him so unless he has been a mess I would think you have to keep him over some of the other fringe guys. You also have to wonder if Buffalo keeps an extra WR knowing full well the Jets and Pats are desperate for WR health and would love to get their hands on Foster or Mackenzie or Hodgins. Some tough decisions ahead.

What’s ur guy’s opinion on keeping Murphy? I’d like to see him on the squad personally.

What’s ur guy’s opinion on keeping Murphy? I’d like to see him on the squad personally.

I don't think Buffalo has a choice to be honest. Were already down Starr on the DL and apparently the young DE from Iowa is having some struggles (which is to be expected obviously). Think at this point we have to roll with him.

Ya I like Duke a lot but unless were going 7 deep at WR were going to have to make some tough choices. Clearly Buffalo saw something in Hodgins to draft him so unless he has been a mess I would think you have to keep him over some of the other fringe guys. You also have to wonder if Buffalo keeps an extra WR knowing full well the Jets and Pats are desperate for WR health and would love to get their hands on Foster or Mackenzie or Hodgins. Some tough decisions ahead.

That's my thinking on Hodgins too. It's a little simplistic thinking but I hate to use a draft pick and then not have the guy even make it through one training camp unless he's an off the field issue or just a total mess and can't complete at this level